The materialist roots of the islamic philosophy

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
Which part do you need explaining?
the part where u use this to base ur understanding of islam and how its related to science and the material plane

• Advertisement
  • Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
    1. The universe is made up of atoms. These atoms are constantly in a state of motion, ergo, the universe is always in a moving state.

2. The vibrations of the moving atoms give off different frequencies of waves. You could argue that the universe is made up of waves, and it would certainly look like that if you had a big enough microscope to put it under and look at it.

3. The human eye can only detect some of these waves. In fact, humans can only see a tiny fraction (400 to 700 nanometers) of these frequencies, which is a tiny range considering that the electro magnetic spectrum has exponentially bigger numbers.

4. It is from this material knowledge that we base our scientific understanding of Islam in the modern era. From this perspective, anything’s possible. ;)
    nanometers is the unit of wavelength.. while frequencies are in Hz

how can islam be based on this knowledge?...

NewLeb

NewLeb

how can islam be based on this knowledge?...

the part where u use this to base ur understanding of islam and how its related to science and the material plane
    There are concepts and ideas in Islam that can only be made sense of (at least in the modern era) by applying them in a fashion where one is always referring to this “vibrational reality” of the universe.

For example, take the prayer. This activity activates both the physical, and the mind. The vibrations that are expressed (by the positive thoughts related to submission to the One) and the particular movements of the body (where an individual is in physical submission to total Reality) have a real and physical effect on a person’s worldly circumstances. Indeed, energy attracts like energy!

Vibrational reality can be applied to any other concepts found in Islam, like angels; jinns; curses; miraculous events... indeed, this allows us to explain for instance how the prophet Jesus walked on water. Of course, some thought it meant he was God, when in reality his perception of the higher vibrational frequencies of the universe allowed the event to take place.

Naturally, none of this can deter from the fact that nothing can happen in the universe without the permission of the One, Allah, the only Reality.

Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
    There are concepts and ideas in Islam that can only be made sense of (at least in the modern era) by applying them in a fashion where one is always referring to this “vibrational reality” of the universe.

For example, take the prayer. This activity activates both the physical, and the mind. The vibrations that are expressed (by the positive thoughts related to submission to the One) and the particular movements of the body (where an individual is in physical submission to total Reality) have a real and physical effect on a person’s worldly circumstances. Indeed, energy attracts like energy!

Vibrational reality can be applied to any other concepts found in Islam, like angels; jinns; curses; miraculous events... indeed, this allows us to explain for instance how the prophet Jesus walked on water. Of course, some thought it meant he was God, when in reality his perception of the higher vibrational frequencies of the universe allowed the event to take place.

Naturally, none of this can deter from the fact that nothing can happen in the universe without the permission of the One, Allah, the only Reality.
    I like the way you tried to make an intersection between vibrational states, rotational states.. and religion.. by relating the vibrations during prayers with the vibrational states of universe... intelligent!

but I am affraid I don't agree with u.. it is just ur way to try to make islam a religion that can be explained by science.. but on the other hand there are lot of doctrines in islam that science disapprove...

In my opinion science and religion can rarely meet or intersect..

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter

dont take this the wrong way m8 but what a load of horse radish..

vibrational states are a manifestation of energy, it doesnt explain the why and how of islamic dogma nor does it make any definition of it that fluid abd evasive

NewLeb

NewLeb

I like the way you tried to make an intersection between vibrational states, rotational states.. and religion.. by relating the vibrations during prayers with the vibrational states of universe... intelligent!

but I am affraid I don't agree with u.. it is just ur way to try to make islam a religion that can be explained by science.. but on the other hand there are lot of doctrines in islam that science disapprove...

In my opinion science and religion can rarely meet or intersect..
    It doesn’t have to be explained by science, which is why ordinary people, along with ancient mankind, understood it without the need to refer to modern scientific axioms.

Granted, what we are dealing with here is metaphysics, which as you explained is an “intersection” between the spiritual and material. This approach is not exclusive to an analysis of Islam, but one can apply it to all other phenomena that occur in the universe. Why wouldn’t that be the case?

NewLeb

NewLeb

dont take this the wrong way m8 but what a load of horse radish..

vibrational states are a manifestation of energy, it doesnt explain the why and how of islamic dogma nor does it make any definition of it that fluid abd evasive
    Are thoughts not energy?

Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
    It doesn’t have to be explained by science, which is why ordinary people, along with ancient mankind, understood it without the need to refer to modern scientific axioms.

Granted, what we are dealing with here is metaphysics, which as you explained is an “intersection” between the spiritual and material. This approach is not exclusive to an analysis of Islam, but one can apply it to all other phenomena that occur in the universe. Why wouldn’t that be the case?
    I agree some phenomena cannot be explained by classic physics and a knowledge in quantum physics is a must to explain them... but some phenomena in isalm or any other religion cannot be interpreted by science... or science refutes them somehow...

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Are thoughts not energy?
    thinking abt a topic doesn't mean the topic makes sense or adheres to the laws of physics and chemistry.
    you are taking the discussion off topic, the point was islamic dogma being explained scientifically stick to it plz

NewLeb

NewLeb

I agree some phenomena cannot be explained by classic physics and a knowledge in quantum physics is a must to explain them... but some phenomena in isalm or any other religion cannot be interpreted by science... or science refutes them somehow...
    Do have an example?

NewLeb

NewLeb

thinking abt a topic doesn't mean the topic makes sense or adheres to the laws of physics and chemistry.
    I never argued that. If- as you said - “vibrational states are a manifestation of energy,” then this can apply to thoughts and even prayer.

you are taking the discussion off topic, the point was islamic dogma being explained scientifically stick to it plz
    No, because I am arguing that supernatural concepts found in Islam can be explained and made sense of in a context of quantum mechanics.

For example, consider the Islamic activity of dhikr, where one is engaged in repetitive thoughts of the Divine. This thinking, like all other forms of thinking, has effects (and manifests) in the physical realm.