Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No she’s a cheating harlot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
No this is not a crappy thread, the topic is very serious, and I am a very serious man.

Many things we take for granted in our daily lives, none more mundane, yet oh so critical, than properer sanitation.

Have u ever thought what would happen if one day u woke up and your toilet isnt working?(in case u hav many toilets, consider they all arnt working). Or maybe u wake up and the water supply’s been cut! What are you going to do to relieve urself?

2billion people today dont have access to proper toilets and are forced to resort to primitive techniques such as side of the road relief, or the more majestic hole in the ground technique. Most of these people reside in the indian subcontinent, southeast asia and subsaharan africa. And they have never experienced sitting down on a ceramic bowl, and pressing a magic button that flushes a singing tune of cleanliness down the void of mass sewage system.

But lets go back through time for a bit. Many ancient civilizations attempted to solve the sanitation problems through mechanisms such as the ancient chinese and Mesopotamians. But for millenia sanitation problems hindered the growth of cities’ population sizes because of bad sanitation amenities. Other civilizations tried other ways to confront this problem through nomadism. Get to an area, use it untill there is o more foraging to do and/or u had used all crap-able areas. Then move to another location.
Until of course, the romans. In its heyday Rome city had grown to support a population of more than a million people. How did they do that? Good of you to ask old chap, a series of public bathrooms and an intricate aqueduct system for both clean and grey water. The art of the public toilet and sewage system was spread around the whole roman empire, enabling many cities to grow and thrive, from spain to england to cyrenaica.
Scholars note that the stygma of privacy to relieve oneself was not present during that period, people used to sot side by side taking a piss or a shit and discussing matters. The idea of a private privy and the comfort/issues it brought was a thing of fantasy.

The death of the roman empire brought with it the death of the modern and industrial sewage system, and the world had to resort back to primitive ways to handle this problem for more than a millenia. New jobs were open now, Dong Farmers were sought after as much as devs are sought after nowadays. People used to relieve themselves on open air stalls installed on the town walls, and dong farmers would come later in the day to manually collect the residue and discard the evidence of these shameful acts far away from the town. But towns that had no walls had to rely on the old trusted hole in the ground technique where it was possible.

The first sign of improvement in this area came to fruit in 16th century europe where som genius thought why no dispose my privy over a stream? But this solution was only viable if u had a steady stream running through your estate, thus only affordable by the rich elite.

Come the 19th century, the industrial revolution is in full boom, london’s population is tripling and in 1858 came the great stink of the thames. Rotting excrements pumped or shoveled direclty into the river couldnt be contained through natural processes anymore, and the whole city stank and was rife with thypoid and cholera. Brilliant minds in the parliament sought about legislative solutions to this disgusting menace, while brilliant minds in their workshops thought out mechanisms to install and create the modern sewage system v2, almost 1300 years after the roman civilization went out.
Thus the S-bend pipe came to be and changed our lives ever since.
Yet not untill the 1950s did this magnificent technique find its way into your private house on a mass scale. People sharing a building used to also share its out-houses, sharing the usage and the cleaning and the living with the rats that swarmed them.

So what do you think? Are aware of how much of a privilege u have through ur toilet? Do you, like me, thank your toilet after using it every day? Do you ever fantasize about how you would overcome a day when access to your toilet would be impossible? Would take more care of your sewage system and not flush absurd stuff in it now in order to preserve it? How about sharing these lines with your close ones and spreading toilet awareness!

I am raring to hear your stories and feedback on this topic, maybe a pic of an old squatting crapper from your great grandpa’s house? Or a funny anecdote of some horrible thing that happened to you during a toilet session.

Disclaimer: This story was ‘not’ written during a session on my trusty throne, mr. Jumbles.

And now for something completely different

Last edited:
  • Advertisement
  • Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    Thank you for this informative thread

Please always use urinals for number 1 when available.
    Thank you

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    I have one comment to make:

Close the lid before you flush!

I can't believe 99.9% of people don't seem to know this.

She didn't close the lid before she flushed in the video tho! :cigar:

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    @Skunk enta 3ati2, share with us a toilet story from ur book of irish tales!

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Anyone who has lost running water can appreciate the wonder that is the toilet! I would even go so far as to claim it is the greatest invention ever! Also where else would you browse the oroom?

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    This is why I don't get camping.
    Why would someone abandon all the comforts and progress of the modern age in favor of pooping in a cat hole?
    Is this some sort of sadism?

It's like a slap in the face to all the fine men who dedicated their lives engineering toilets.

Connecting with nature is overrated. Give me a nice Grohe toilet to rest my tushy on and a bidet, and keep your bushes to yourself. Thank you.

Last edited:
    AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Fascinating thread by the way @Iron Maiden. The evolution and history of personal hygiene is often overlooked.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    This is why I don't get camping.
    Why would someone abandon all the comforts and progress of the modern age in favor of pooping in a cat hole?
    Is this some sort of sadism?

It's like a slap in the face to all the fine men who dedicated their lives engineering toilets.

Connecting with nature is overrated. Give me a nice Grohe toilet to rest my tushy on and a bidet, and keep your bushes to yourself. Thank you.
    Also this is why i never traveled to india or southeast asia.. my throne or nothing!

Resign

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
    @Skunk enta 3ati2, share with us a toilet story from ur book of irish tales!
    I don't know man
    Not long ago, i flushed the toilet down, however it went up
    1000 years of evolution bursted right into my face

ّTelefon Kasse

ّTelefon Kasse

aham shi ma yo2ote3 el bacon @Iron Maiden long live capitalism

ّTelefon Kasse

ّTelefon Kasse

U prefer relieving urself in a hole by the side of the road?
    lesh you dogs and cats lovers where do your beloved animals relief themselves when you
    are taking them for a walk ? besh bi noss el trottoir?
    The problem is not in the toilet invention itself, but to where your shit goes is what's bad and the availability of water
    and other reasons too

How does it feel to eat fish from the sea where your shit goes?