• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

The Need For All Pro-Resistance Lebanese to Abandon the Use of the American Dollar in and out of Lebanon

Rafidi

Legendary Member
First, [], I am not aware that in Lebanon we have Shia financial institutions. Such institutions serve all Lebanese, regardless if some institutions are majorly owned by a personality from one sect or the other. For example, even an institution like Qard al Hassan, you have Christians patronizing it and in turn that institution serves all Lebanese, regardless of their religion. I was in Dahiyeh once, and a christian family stopped to ask me for direction to Qard al Hassan. They're likely going there for a loan and to pledge gold. How do I know they're Christians? They're putting a cross on their necks.

You said: "as long as the Shia are dealing with dollars, no one can protect them from any sanctions".

This presumption is laughable. The dollar needs who to protect it. The dollar has long lost its value going by the debts America owes other countries. The dollar is just a brand name and nothing more. That is the only thing keeping it afloat.

Lebanon's population is made up of anything between 27% to 55% Shia (both within and outside Lebanon). All it would need from SHN to make sure the dollar is shaken is one fatwa and one sentence in one speech: that it is haram to transact in dollar. Then that would be the end of the dollar as a currency in Lebanon. We can use euro, yuan or whatever currency. This is just to make sure ntek ekhet el dollar, your crusader money. This is a measure long overdue. We almost make use of the dollar as we make use of the Lira. It is as if we are an American colony. And the godforsaken pro Zionist American govt is not happy. They're still trying to look for ways to make our lives hard for our political choices and our resolve to protect our land in DEFENSE! So therefore, it is time to also make America pay for its pro Zionist policy when talking and dealing with Lebanon. Make the dollar pay and let it disappear from circulation in Lebanon. No Shia and no Christian and no Sunni, and no Druze and no Lebanese (who has honor and dignity as Lebanese and are supporters, sympathizers, admirers, followers of the resistance) should transact in USD. Don't give it and don't take it. Ma fi ba3sah akbar min hek.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Yea

Dream on

Why are you bothered? We can make the USD obsolete or redundant in Lebanon and also in many places out of Lebanon by Lebanese businesses and expats. We are tired of American interference, violation, abuse and rape of our financial institutions.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Use bitcoins :lol:
It's trending nowadays.
Many banks are jumping into the crypto currency

Resign

Orange Room Supporter
Look at this beautiful note
Hopefully we’ll see trump’s face there one day

1568206161892.jpeg

Rafidi

Legendary Member
All of our banks are connected to US banks in one way or another. WTF are you talking about?

I am talking about people power. I don't care what our banks do or not or what currency they use. People should not use the USD as a response to the humiliation and abuse the US govt is giving our country and it's financial institutions. Give and take any other international currency, except the USD. Open bank accounts in Euro. Just a measure to pinch the American govt.

The_FPMer

I am talking about people power. I don't care what our banks do or not or what currency they use. People should not use the USD as a response to the humiliation and abuse the US govt is giving our country and it's financial institutions. Give and take any other international currency, except the USD. Open bank accounts in Euro. Just a measure to pinch the American govt.
Ya albe shou 3m te7ke enta? 3m ellak our local banks are connected to US banks. Ya3ne bi afelso bi kabse the moment they abandon the dollar. It's not just us, most countries of the world. You have to work within that margin. Bala 3antariyet da5il ijrek. 3mol 3antariyet 3ala el local thugs gripping the country by the neck abel ma t7ot rasak bi ras the biggest superpower in the world.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Ya albe shou 3m te7ke enta? 3m ellak our local banks are connected to US banks. Ya3ne bi afelso bi kabse the moment they abandon the dollar. It's not just us, most countries of the world. You have to work within that margin. Bala 3antariyet da5il ijrek. 3mol 3antariyet 3ala el local thugs gripping the country by the neck abel ma t7ot rasak bi ras the biggest superpower in the world.

Ya 3ammeh I don't want to accept dollars in my business. I don't want to have bank accounts in dollars within Lebanon and outside. I will open bank accounts in Euro. I will not give or take dollars and I will demand someone go to a sarraf and get lira or another currency. Why is that your problem?

!Aoune32

man r u serious?? everyone in the world uses the dollar. everyone uses their currency and compares it to the dollar. our economy will go in an instant.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
man r u serious?? everyone in the world uses the dollar. everyone uses their currency and compares it to the dollar. our economy will go in an instant.

No Sir. Not everyone uses the dollar. Many countries have signed mutual agreements and exchanged or swap their local currencies to conduct business. Take Argentina and China for example:

The_FPMer

Ya 3ammeh I don't want to accept dollars in my business. I don't want to have bank accounts in dollars within Lebanon and outside. I will open bank accounts in Euro. I will not give or take dollars and I will demand someone go to a sarraf and get lira or another currency. Why is that your problem?
Then you will go out of business pretty soon lmao. That's the reality of the matter. 7atta eza 3abit assit ka customer, to2sit bi sir bl USD AFAIK. Ma houwe el balad la7 y2aflis la enno we pay for fuel and imports in USD w ma ma ba2a 3anna USD.

!Aoune32

No Sir. Not everyone uses the dollar. Many countries have signed mutual agreements and exchanged or swap their local currencies to conduct business. Take Argentina and China for example:

7abibe 60% of all central bank foreign exchange reserves is in the dollar. la ma3loumetak china buys their foreign currency of the export partner. the main export partner for china is the US hence it buys their currency. sorry buddy mabta3ref chou 3ambte7ke. do u know how many countries peg their money to the dollar???

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Then you will go out of business pretty soon lmao. That's the reality of the matter. 7atta eza 3abit assit ka customer, to2sit bi sir bl USD AFAIK. Ma houwe el balad la7 y2aflis la enno we pay for fuel and imports in USD w ma ma ba2a 3anna USD.

The US is not the only internationally recognized currency, or is it? I can trade in Euro and Yuan. Locally, I will demand Lira.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
7abibe 60% of all central bank foreign exchange reserves is in the dollar. la ma3loumetak china buys their foreign currency of the export partner. the main export partner for china is the US hence it buys their currency. sorry buddy mabta3ref chou 3ambte7ke. do u know how many countries peg their money to the dollar???

We can convert dollars to Euros, can't we?