• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

The Orange Room elections 2018 announcement thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
He doesn't seem to be enthusiastic about applying solo and I don't support his partner, so this is becoming more complicated than I thought. I'm just being neutral. He'd better hurry up and apply because the competition is attractive.
But your diplomatically is unbearable.
I apologise for this grave spelling mistake.
@manifesto diplomacy is adorable

Zilzel

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
He doesn't seem to be enthusiastic about applying solo and I don't support his partner, so this is becoming more complicated than I thought. I'm just being neutral. He'd better hurry up and apply because the competition is attractive.
But your diplomatically is unbearable.

Pfft, you don't get to replace me this easily my dear goat.
@manifesto's diplomacy ain't got nothing on mine. My diplomacy is adorable, he is diplomatically unbearable.

Zilzel

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Genuine question, how do you guys find the time to commit to this? And not in a “slow weekend, I can do it”, but systemically and consistently through the year? I admire your dedication

It's a volunteer job, so no one is expected to treat it as an eight hour day job.
It's best if mods moderate on the go and as their time permits.

For me, I browse more often than contributing, because contribution takes more of my time and is usually inconvenient when on mobile.
Moderating will not take much longer than regular browsing. Hopefully moderator tools are on mobile so I can moderate on the go.

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
It's a volunteer job, so no one is expected to treat it as an eight hour day job.
It's best if mods moderate on the go and as their time permits.

For me, I browse more often than contributing, because contribution takes more of my time and is usually inconvenient when on mobile.
Moderating will not take much longer than regular browsing. Hopefully moderator tools are on mobile so I can moderate on the go.

They are, based on brief experience lol

Also I browse the forum exclusively on phone I find it a lot more practical

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
So one man one vote or we can vote for 6!in the first round and 4 in the second?

Nonan

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
It is good to see the enthusiasm of the candidates. Question is, will they be able to “get out the vote”, get their message heard and are we immune enough from Russian meddling in this election... will be following this election anxiously

Rafidi

Legendary Member
I nominate myself.

I have no manifesto. If you like, vote for me. I'm a veteran Oroomer. My track record of sound judgment, fairness and good conduct are enough.

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I nominate myself.

I have no manifesto. If you like, vote for me. I'm a veteran Oroomer. My track record of sound judgment, fairness and good conduct are enough.
Never trust this who is wise in his own eyes.
You are not fair by merely trying to climb by appeal to bashing your opponent rather than presenting a program that beats what was suggested by the duo @manifesto and @Muki
Tell us what are your plans for moderation.

Last edited:

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Never trust this who is wise in his own eyes.
You are not fair by merely trying to climb by appeal to bashing your opponent rather than presenting a program that beats what was suggested by the duo @manifesto and @Muki
Tell us what are your plans for moderation not who you don't want to vote for you genius.

Are we really a duo? I thought "Muki manifesto" was just the name of his campaign.
I haven't had the time to read his program yet. I'm at work.

Something tells me it's full of bullshit, though.

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
Are we really a duo? I thought "Muki manifesto" was just the name of his campaign.
I haven't had the time to read his program yet. I'm at work.

Something tells me it's full of bullshit, though.

He meant manifesto as in literal manifesto: a public declaration of policy issued by a candidate before elections!

Also not full of shit, it's actually pretty good :)! Stop the smear campaignS and write your manifesto already, manifesto :p

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
He meant manifesto as in literal manifesto: a public declaration of policy issued by a candidate before elections!

Also not full of shit, it's actually pretty good :)! Stop the smear campaignS and write your manifesto already, manifesto :p

I don't think the naming is purely coincidental.
It may seem innocent but it's a political tactic aimed at confusing the public and alienating potential voters by painting me, a moderate centrist, as an ally of the ultra-Left.

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
I don't think the naming is purely coincidental.
It may seem innocent but it's a political tactic aimed at confusing the public and alienating potential voters by painting me, a moderate centrist, as an ally of the ultra-Left.

Describing muki as the ultra left is quite rich ?

Nonan

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I nominate myself.

Do you need the election or can you directly get the Moderator of Finance position ? :)

Sorry, I know it’s bad but it was too tempting !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.