• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

The Orange Room elections 2018 announcement thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nonan

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I don't think the naming is purely coincidental.
It may seem innocent but it's a political tactic aimed at confusing the public and alienating potential voters by painting me, a moderate centrist, as an ally of the ultra-Left.
Completely agree. It’s like Clifford Greene’s candidacy to the senate in Australia (ref. “Rake”). @Muki cant be trusted. He and his leftist friends are bent on destroying western civilization...

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Are we really a duo? I thought "Muki manifesto" was just the name of his campaign.
I haven't had the time to read his program yet. I'm at work.

Something tells me it's full of bullshit, though.
Good observation.
This Muki strategy was also used last year to attach with @Jo
This may be a method to attract people to click on the thread when they try to make sense of the title.
His program is very good

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
It may seem innocent but it's a political tactic aimed at confusing the public and alienating potential voters by painting me, a moderate centrist, as an ally of the ultra-Left.
Don't take it personal. It is a clever way to get attractive and the content is very good.

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
@Muki; doesn't need a strategy to attract me. He got me at שָׁלוֹם‬
Not to attract you, but to use your name to get member attraction to his thread.
You are a bait in this strategy and the target are members.

Zilzel

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Are we really a duo? I thought "Muki manifesto" was just the name of his campaign.
I haven't had the time to read his program yet. I'm at work.

Something tells me it's full of bullshit, though.

We will always be a duo dear, in this life or the next.

Zilzel

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

Confused? Vote for me!
Free shampoo :p.

La Blague

Does anyone of the candidates have a plan to tackle the fakes news spread across this forum ?
Why not add a fake news button that moderators could use ?

!Aoune32

I would like to see @LVV as a moderator. :) We need some fresh blood in the forum. He would be loving Trump and Thanking Lord Putin every day.

Nonan

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Does anyone of the candidates have a plan to tackle the fakes news spread across this forum ?
Why not add a fake news button that moderators could use ?
There used to be a rule about posting links, and clarifying sources of stated data. Not sure how qualified moderators are to determine which is fake news and which isn’t. That’s probably a full time job in itself. We could ask poster to find and quote reputable sources (and we have to fight over what qualifies as a reputable source) but I suspect then forum participation will drop by 90%.
Maybe we can a button for moderators that could be like “verified / credible sources” when the credible sources are quoted.

Apostate

Your will, my hands.
Orange Room Supporter
Come on guys, we need more candidates to make it fun and competitive elections!

Also, #VoteNasser

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
There used to be a rule about posting links, and clarifying sources of stated data. Not sure how qualified moderators are to determine which is fake news and which isn’t. That’s probably a full time job in itself. We could ask poster to find and quote reputable sources (and we have to fight over what qualifies as a reputable source) but I suspect then forum participation will drop by 90%.
Maybe we can a button for moderators that could be like “verified / credible sources” when the credible sources are quoted.
The only thing u can do is ask people yo post their source and each one can decide with their own wits whether its reliable or not.

We are not china, not yet anyway :p

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
Come on guys, we need more candidates to make it fun and competitive elections!

Also, #VoteNasser
I have a feeling a certain someone is wsiting to make a dramatic last minute dash in sunday for his candidacy, its his style

Status
Not open for further replies.