• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.
  • We are back

Orange Room Elections 2019 The Orange Room elections 2019 announcement thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
There are rumors that due to security reasons, the elections might be postponed till next year!
I'm hearing a slight change in the electoral process might be implemented if the elections are not postponed. Weslak hek shi?

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

The_FPMer

I wanted to run for mod, but for some personal reasons, i wont this time. However baddeh jayyir el aswat to
@Apostate
@StopWorryingLoveTheBomb
@The_FPMer
@Isabella

Wil makana shaghaleh lol
Thank you for the vote of confidence. Despite our political disagreements, you'll be voting for me. That says a lot about you. I won't let you down, I promise. I will treat everyone equally regardless if I agree with them or not.

Joe tayyar

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Thank you for the vote of confidence. Despite our political disagreements, you'll be voting for me. That says a lot about you. I won't let you down, I promise. I will treat everyone equally regardless if I agree with them or not.
I really have no problem with anyone if he/she disagree with me on internal politics as long as they are fair in debating. You are a fair polite debater that makes you a fair moderator.
@Apostate is our perfect example on this forum, I agree with him on many things and also disagree with him on many other points, but hes always a polite fair debater, that made him a successful moderator and most of us here will renew for him.

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
Betwa2a3 nekhre2on bi ma23ad aw tnein.

3a2bel ma nchouf wejjak ma3 el ma2da7

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
Greetings & salutations,

I didn't want to do this among all the bickering, hate & general unrest going on the forum, but it seems things will not rest any time soon.

So, here it goes, the Orange Room again is electing its moderators. Thank you for the old moderators and for the upcoming ones, I wish you very best of luck.

A quick reminder of the rules:

* 2 years ago we abolished the 2 groups system, candidates will be all in one group.
* Phase 1: The first 6 candidates will pass to phase 2
* Phase 2: The first 4 candidates will be the elected moderators.

Note: If we get 6 or fewer candidates, we will skip Phase 1 and do Phase 2 directly.
Note2: If we get 4 or fewer candidates, we will skip the whole elections process and chose the moderators ourselves.

I hope that this new system will encourage more members to run since they will have more chances of getting elected.

Timeline of events:
  1. From now till 17 November 2019: members can still run and create their electoral programs by posting here. All candidates should also read and thank this post ( The Orange Room moderators list of conduct V1.0 | The Orange Room - Lebanon's number one discussion forums ) They can also post their program as a new thread here: Candidates Program | The Orange Room - Lebanon's number one discussion forums
  2. 18 November 2019: Current moderators are removed and voting for Phase 1 starts.
  3. 25 November 2019: Phase 1 ends and voting for phase 2 starts
  4. 02 December 2019 Results are announced and moderators start their duties.
Thanks,
Jo