• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.
  • We are back

Orange Room Elections 2019 The Orange Room elections 2019 announcement thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
Good points but I beg to differ.

Moderation mostly and directly affect members contributing content. Spectating members are marginally affected, and should have less of a say into who is fit to moderate. They do not experience the effect of moderation first hand on their contributions, interactions and ideas, because they do not contribute. The fact that posting is not a requirement to register and login does not give one the right to vote, the two are not linked. Moderation directly affects the active community, and the active community should be the one voting for them - This is not a parliamentary elections, and citizenship rights :)

If someone takes a hiatus for 6 months, it is not the end of the world, because within another 6 months or so, they will get to vote if they are active and contributing again. Besides the thresholds I suggested are very reasonable.
again forums are first and foremost a reading experience and not a writing one.
a thread will be formed by 20-30 people debating an idea and will be consumed by 1000s reading them.

when u want to maintain a nice user experience u think first about those who are reading and how to make them come back.

if it means u moderate in a way that makes 2 of the 30 contributors disgruntled then by jove you do it.

i know this is hard to read JL but its the truth :)

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
again forums are first and foremost a reading experience and not a writing one.
a thread will be formed by 20-30 people debating an idea and will be consumed by 1000s reading them.

when u want to maintain a nice user experience u think first about those who are reading and how to make them come back.

if it means u moderate in a way that makes 2 of the 30 contributors disgruntled then by jove you do it.

i know this is hard to read JL but its the truth :)

Forums cannot be "first and foremost about reading experience" if the only thing people are reading is what forumers who contribute write :)
Forums are first and foremost about content, and those who contribute create the content :)
Without vibrant contributors there is no content and there is no forum and there are no readers, and there is no need for moderators.

What I wrote is easier to read, and is more accurate :)

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
Forums cannot be "first and foremost about reading experience" if the only thing people are reading is what forumers who contribute write :)
Forums are first and foremost about content, and those who contribute create the content :)
Without vibrant contributors there is no content and there is no forum and there are no readers, and there is no need for moderators.

What I wrote is easier to read, and is more accurate :)
if you only think about content creators you will end up with 4 people circle jerking themselves for 50 other regular readers.

quality content is an integral part of a smooth reading experience, thats why moderators may take actions that would alienate som contributors :)

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
if you only think about content creators you will end up with 4 people circle jerking themselves for 50 other regular readers.

quality content is an integral part of a smooth reading experience, thats why moderators may take actions that would alienate som contributors :)

This was not my point. In the end you will have elections and the best moderators will win and moderate to their hearts content and to the betterment of the forum. I am discussing on who gets a vote.

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
The "Pea Chick" sounds cooler ;) (a wordplay on chick pea, geddit?)

I like Miss Bean better a wordplay on Mr. Bean
:lol:
Miss-Bean--83764.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.