1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Orange Room Etiquette (ORIQUETTE)

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Help and Feedback' started by Jo, Apr 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jo

Jo Administrator
    Master Penguin

100%
    ORIQUETTE is an informal expression of the values of many members. They are found in most forums and discussion boards, i would like to introduce them here.

Please abide by it the best you can.

Please do,

. Remember the human. When you communicate online, all you see is a computer screen. When talking to someone you might want to ask yourself "Would I say it to the person's face?" or "Would I get jumped if I said this to a buddy?"

. Get involved more in the community forums, we will get to know you better there, life is not always so serious :)

. Adhere to the same standards of behavior online that you follow in real life.

. Read the rules before making a submission. These are found here

. Moderate based on quality, not opinion. Well written and interesting content can be worthwhile, even if you disagree with it.

. Use proper grammar and spelling. Intelligent discourse requires a standard system of communication. Be open for gentle corrections.

. Look for the original source of content, and submit that. Often, a blog will reference another blog, which references another, and so on with everyone displaying ads along the way. Dig through those references and submit a link to the creator, who actually deserves the traffic.

. Report any disrespectful post you find.

In short, Be nice, don't harass and don't insult

Thanks,
    The administration

• Like Like x 33
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.