The Orange Room Etiquette (ORIQUETTE)

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Help and Feedback' started by Jo, Apr 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jo

Jo Administrator
    Master Penguin

100%
    ORIQUETTE is an informal expression of the values of many members. They are found in most forums and discussion boards, i would like to introduce them here.

Please abide by it the best you can.

Please do,

. Remember the human. When you communicate online, all you see is a computer screen. When talking to someone you might want to ask yourself "Would I say it to the person's face?" or "Would I get jumped if I said this to a buddy?"

. Get involved more in the community forums, we will get to know you better there, life is not always so serious :)

. Adhere to the same standards of behavior online that you follow in real life.

. Read the rules before making a submission. These are found here

. Moderate based on quality, not opinion. Well written and interesting content can be worthwhile, even if you disagree with it.

. Use proper grammar and spelling. Intelligent discourse requires a standard system of communication. Be open for gentle corrections.

. Look for the original source of content, and submit that. Often, a blog will reference another blog, which references another, and so on with everyone displaying ads along the way. Dig through those references and submit a link to the creator, who actually deserves the traffic.

. Report any disrespectful post you find.

In short, Be nice, don't harass and don't insult

Thanks,
    The administration

• Like Like x 33
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.