The path of ODIN !

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
"Ash Wednesday originated from Nordic pagan religion where ashes were put above the brow to ensure protection of the Norse god, Odin "
@Dark Angel @kmarthe

Our Druze brother is claiming your faith is diluted paganism. What do you have to say?

• Advertisement
  • SAVO

SAVO

The Walhalla is a hall of fame that honours laudable and distinguished people in German history – "politicians, sovereigns, scientists and artists of the German tongue"; thus the celebrities honoured are drawn from Greater Germany, a wider area than today's Germany, and even as far away as Britain in the case of several Anglo-Saxons who are honoured. The hall is a neo-classicalbuilding above the Danube River, in Donaustauf, east of Regensburg in Bavaria.

The Walhalla is named for the Valhalla of Norse Paganism. It was conceived in 1807 by Crown Prince Ludwig in order to support the gathering momentum for the unification of the many German states. Following his accession to the throne of Bavaria, construction took place between 1830 and 1842 under the supervision of the architect Leo von Klenze. The memorial displays some 65 plaques and 130 busts covering 2,000 years of history, beginning with Arminius, victor at the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest in AD 9.

SAVO

SAVO

@Dark Angel @kmarthe

Our Druze brother is claiming your faith is diluted paganism. What do you have to say?

what myso is saying is true though ..do some google reserach if you re interested..
    many christian traditions have pagan roots not only these ..and here im talking about europe .

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    what myso is saying is true though ..do some google reserach if you re interested..
    many christian traditions have pagan roots not only these ..and here im talking about europe .
    I am not Christian. Let's wait for our Christian brothers and sisters to clarify how so. @Dark Angel @kmarthe @Indie

SAVO

SAVO

I am not Christian. Let's wait for our Christian brothers and sisters to clarify how so. @Dark Angel @kmarthe @Indie
    re u muslim ?

here there are some theories that islam was a jewish invention to counter the expansion of christianism..

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    re u muslim ?

here there are some theories that islam was a jewish invention to counter the expansion of christianism..
    I have heard too Islam was a Catholic creation to civilize the Arabians.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    we have been discussing these cases for years now, and we're not going to go about one god at a time, from osiris to now odin. the people who raise these arguments are usually in a world of their own. it goes without saying that there is a cultural overlay to religion, but go beyond that really defies the purpose. ash wednesday for instance is deeply rooted in jewish tradition, it is mentioned in more than 20 different locations in the bible, whenever the jews felt that they have angered God, they used to wear sackloth and put ashes on their hair and faces.

additionally, in the catholic faith, it is done as a reflection to "Remember that we are dust, and to dust we shall return".

so to make the argument that this tradition originated from nordic paganism where the norse folks placed ashes above their eyebrows to ensure the protection is odin, is at best uninformed and irrational, not to say misleading and dishonest.

our friend could have easily ran a 30 seconds google search to realize how far off his argument is from reality.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    we have been discussing these cases for years now, and we're not going to go about one god at a time, from osiris to now odin. the people who raise these arguments are usually in a world of their own. it goes without saying that there is a cultural overlay to religion, but go beyond that really defies the purpose. ash wednesday for instance is deeply rooted in jewish tradition, it is mentioned in more than 20 different locations in the bible, whenever the jews felt that they have angered God, they used to wear sackloth and put ashes on their hair and faces.

additionally, in the catholic faith, it is done as a reflection to "Remember that we are dust, and to dust we shall return".

so to make the argument that this tradition originated from nordic paganism where the norse folks placed ashes above their eyebrows to ensure the protection is odin, is at best uninformed and irrational, not to say misleading and dishonest.

our friend could have easily ran a 30 seconds google search to realize how far off his argument is from reality.
    @SAVO shu bet2ool? :lol:

𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

Orange Room Supporter
    @Lebmonage The Jews (500BCE) took it from the Indo-Iranian (2500BCE) who took it from the Old Norse Religion (even older and pretty much unknown as to when). But @Dark Angel has the timelines upside down and believes that the world is 6000 years old. And in Adam and Eve and the magical fruit. After he said that the NT is a logical continuation of the OT in another thread, I was sure he argues from emotions and is not fit for rational discourse.

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    @Lebmonage The Jews (500BCE) took it from the Indo-Iranian (2500BCE) who took it from the Old Norse Religion (even older and pretty much unknown as to when). But @Dark Angel has the timelines upside down and believes that the world is 6000 years old. And in Adam and Eve and the magical fruit. After he said that the NT is a logical continuation of the OT in another thread, I was sure he argues from emotions and is not fit for rational discourse.

refrain from misquoting me, express your own mind, and leave it to others to express theirs. is there nothing right about you? or cant you make the case for your own arguments without maiming those of others?

if i wanted to engage you in these discussions i would have already done so.

VH Redux

VH Redux

there are million ways to critique religion but this is straight out falsehood ma nig

𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

Orange Room Supporter
    refrain from misquoting me, express your own mind, and leave it to others to express theirs. is there nothing right about you? or cant you make the case for your own arguments without maiming those of others?

if i wanted to engage you in these discussions i would have already done so.
    I'm not interested in your emotional and village-idiot defense of Christianity in every thread either. The Lebanese civil war is over. You clearly don't know the simple historic timelines for religions and claim that everything that is pagan is okay if Jews had it. When Jews are the biggest thieves of Pagan religions to begin with.

And it all comes down to the fact that you're brainwashed with Christianity because of your personal problems and the fact that the church feasted on your weakness as a vulnerable person. You're like every other guy in a Christian hug group. And not worth my time or my charts and timelines.

𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

Orange Room Supporter
    there are million ways to critique religion but this is straight out falsehood ma nig
    This is academic, accepted history of religions. Where is the falsehood?

𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

Orange Room Supporter
    " Hall and Saggs also affirm the migration of highly civilized people from the Indus valley to Sumeria in the fourth millennium B.C. These people were called Sumerian because they derived their new name from Su-Meru, the Seat of gods. They were the mercantile people of the Indus Valley as mentioned in the Rigvedic literature. "

And the Odin rituals we mentioned were in the Indus Valley (now called Odin), and date back to before 3500BCE.
    Jews would emerge around 3000 years later. And steal Canaanite Gods, Bablonian mythology, Sumerian mythology and a lot of other things.

Even the story of Adam and Eve and the snake is stolen from Babylonian mythology, where the three of them are Gods.

VH Redux

VH Redux

" Hall and Saggs also affirm the migration of highly civilized people from the Indus valley to Sumeria in the fourth millennium B.C. These people were called Sumerian because they derived their new name from Su-Meru, the Seat of gods. They were the mercantile people of the Indus Valley as mentioned in the Rigvedic literature. "

And the Odin rituals we mentioned were in the Indus Valley (now called Odin), and date back to before 3500BCE.
    Jews would emerge around 3000 years later. And steal Canaanite Gods, Bablonian mythology, Sumerian mythology and a lot of other things.

Even the story of Adam and Eve and the snake is stolen from Babylonian mythology, where the three of them are Gods.
    jews borrowed some rituals from egypt and some texts from babylonians but the theology is very different from canaanite relgion and zoroastrianism

all ethnic groups have a genesis story thats not new

𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

Orange Room Supporter
    jews borrowed some rituals from egypt and some texts from babylonians but the theology is very different from canaanite relgion and zoroastrianism

all ethnic groups have a genesis story thats not new
    Well, let's say I accept that, my point still prevails that the Ash ritual is of pagan origin and "was borrowed".

𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

𓍝𓂀𓄃𓇼

Orange Room Supporter
    give me a source
    For online sources:

For academic sources: Any book about God Tammouz and Lent rituals (e.g Two Bablyons), any book about Seed of Agni and Indian Fire God and ash rituals (Hinduism and Indus Valley origin books), any book about Indus Valley civilization and Odin (which the above came from).