• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

The path of ODIN !

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
Hehe. I'm actually a theist. And a Druze Gnostic that knows more about religion than our lowly student "Jesus of Nazerth" which is your God. And I wouldn't say you're not ready for theology, you're not ready for rational discourse as a whole. You are an exoteric Christian. At the very surface of understanding and religious practice. Not even your renowned Christian historicans adopt your responses or take them seriously. And I can't but meet you with a pitiful smile and remember when the Hermetics of Europe said to you Christians "Milk for babes and meat for men."
the patterns that emerge from neo-atheists are really quite interesting. we have another forum member claiming to "know more about Christianity than all the popes and bishop combined", and here you are claiming to know more about religion than "our lowly student Jesus of Nazareth". though the depth of your knowledge, and even your perception of religion and faith, have been properly revealed by the caliber of your "ash wednesday" question.

but if you think you are all knowledgeable about theology, then answer me this, why do you think it is that you are so provoked and offended by Christ? i'll give you a hint, the answer should send shivers through your bones.

• Advertisement
  • VH Redux

VH Redux

the patterns that emerge from neo-atheists are really quite interesting. we have another forum member claiming to "know more about Christianity than all the popes and bishop combined", and here you are claiming to know more about religion than "our lowly student Jesus of Nazareth". though the depth of your knowledge, and even your perception of religion and faith, have been properly revealed by the caliber of your "ash wednesday" question.

but if you think you are all knowledgeable about theology, then answer me this, why do you think it is that you are so provoked and offended by Christ? i'll give you a hint, the answer should send shivers through your bones.
    answer his arguments with counter arguments not personal questions

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    answer his arguments with counter arguments not personal questions
    he raised no arguments to be countered. he manifested a state of being, the rest are mere symptoms.

that is all i am going to say about this whole subject, i have to tend to more pressing matters.

VH Redux

VH Redux

The Bible in modern translations mixed up all references to El and Baal and made them point to Yahweh. Even when that resulted in contradictions.

Exodus 6:2 :

Genesis 15:7(ESV): 'And he said to him [Abraham], "I am Yahweh who brought you out from Ur of the Chaldeans to give you this land to possess."'

The origin / location of the tribe is speculation. But EL being higher than Yahweh, and Yahweh being a foreign adoption is not. But agreed upon in Caananite/Jewish history.
    El means god .. not necessarily the canaanite God

el shaddai means the most high

yahweh reveals himself to the israelites in several moments in the torah

VH Redux

VH Redux

he raised no arguments to be countered. he manifested a state of being, the rest are mere symptoms.

that is all i am going to say about this whole subject.
    debunk the argument taht ash wednesday is pagan

SAVO

SAVO

1580598390870.png
    The Ledberg Stone is a Viking Runestone located in Ostergotland, Sweden. While partially damaged, it can still be seen to feature a man with his feet at the mouth of a large beast and below that is a helmeted man without legs. This is often thought to be a representation of Odin’s death by the wolf Fenrir at Ragnarok, the apocalyptic final battle in Norse mythology where various Gods and monsters meet their ends.

The final section of the stone has a rhyming charm or spell (a galdr, in Norse culture). Its reads:

þmk iii sss ttt iii lll

Which should be read as

þistil mistil kistil

The three words mean thistle, mistletoe, and casket respectively. While it’s not entirely clear what the charm is supposed to do, or why its present on this particular stone, it has been noted that the ancient Celts would gather mistletoe as a cure of infertility and sing that charm over the herbs. How they eventually combined with thistle and casket, however, is unclear.

SAVO

SAVO

BERSERKER !

He comes with the storm
    It devours, searing away
    All that would shield
    All that would protect
    From His fury.
    There is nowhere to hide.
    He is ecstasy, inspiration,
    And terror.
    We are the wine