The Q/A thread

Orion

Orion

Hello everyone.

This will be the official thread for any questions or help needed related to technical issues. Instead of opening a thread each time there is a new question, you can post all your questions and ask for advise in here. This way we can lump all the advises in one thread and the search for help will be easier.

Enjoy!
The Community Forums Moderation Team

• Advertisement
  • Ana3arabi!

Ana3arabi!

Nokia phone/MTC Magic Mobile Internet question

Salam all,
    I'm having a problem.. I just heard that MTC have added the mobile internet service to pre-paid magic lines, which is what i have. I signed up for an account on the website in order to get the settings for it. They have a place where you can click & it sends the settings directly to your phone & i did that. I got the settings but as soon as I got it and clicked on "save", I got a box on my phone saying: "Enter settings' pin". I don't know what pin number that requires? I tried the pin numbers that came with the SIM card but they didn't work (it gives me the error "verification failed. try again") & after 3 attempts the internet settings were discarded. i don't know if the problem is with the phone or MTC.

Has anyone had this problem ?
    Can anyone tell me where I get the PIN from ?
    My phone model is Nokia 3600 slide & i had disabled the PIN number request in my phone..
    Thanks a lot.

Ana3arabi!

Ana3arabi!

thanks, i will try that. the problem is that now it's not allowing me to send the settings anymore for the next 24 hrs cos i did it a few times today. :thumbdown: :dunno: so have to wait another day.

michom

michom

you can enter them manually in case you can find them on mtc's website or if someone you know already got it working on their cell. Call 111, they will send you the settings and tell you what to do exactly.

freedom4ever

freedom4ever

Domain Name!!!!!!

I know its a bit stupid

But this what happened to me.

It has been 3 days and i am trying to renew my domain registration, but i was facing problem with my credit card, due that i am trying to pay with a lebanese card and i am living abroad.

So yesterday when i informed someone from lebanon to do the payment.
    My hosting account was locked for 24 hours and i was unable to renew.

Today i wanted to renew after that 24 hours, i discovered that it has been removed from my account and i have no more control on it

Is there is any other way so that i can get back the domain name?

Mar1K

Mar1K

I know its a bit stupid

But this what happened to me.

It has been 3 days and i am trying to renew my domain registration, but i was facing problem with my credit card, due that i am trying to pay with a lebanese card and i am living abroad.

So yesterday when i informed someone from lebanon to do the payment.
    My hosting account was locked for 24 hours and i was unable to renew.

Today i wanted to renew after that 24 hours, i discovered that it has been removed from my account and i have no more control on it

Is there is any other way so that i can get back the domain name?
    Who is your registrar?

Did you provide your friend that renewed your domain with your username and password or has the domain expired and was available on the market?

Best option is call your registrar asap so figure this out.

freedom4ever

freedom4ever

Who is your registrar?

Did you provide your friend that renewed your domain with your username and password or has the domain expired and was available on the market?

Best option is call your registrar asap so figure this out.
    It is Solved Now.
    Well i bought the domain,from beiruthost.
    I mailed them they lock it until i achieve my payments.

This time i wont forget to set it to autorenew

R

RedWolf6

capturing from TV

Hello ,

I have a laptop and a satelitte (Receiver) I'd like to capture some videos and pics from TV to my laptop how can i do that ? do i need a Tv tunner ? or do i need something else?

Thanks

Boris®

Boris®

yea i guess you need a tv tuner, you hook the cable coming from the receiver to the tuner and with the tuner comes a software you install on your PC that allows you to watch/record/tune/take snapshot/....

freedom4ever

freedom4ever

Just get A hard disk recorder ull save urself from much of trouble.

Philips/sony/nokia

Lots of them available and ther are cheap

Venom

Venom

Legendary Member
    any computer geek around :(

I have my Laptop and it is running really slow(browsing, applications, etc etc) , I tried many solutions to make it go back to normal, is there any efficient solution other than formatting?

thanks in advance

suomynona

suomynona

I have my Laptop and it is running really slow(browsing, applications, etc etc) , I tried many solutions to make it go back to normal, is there any efficient solution other than formatting?

thanks in advance
    Hi Venom,

The first step is always to defragment the hard disk. You can do that by going to the System Tools -> Disk Defragmenter.

If the problem persists, you might want to delete some programs that you don't need and then defragment again.

If after all these efforts, things are still slow, you should try to disable programs that run automatically when you boot your machine. Usually it's stuff like anti-virus software and stuff like that (you may want to keep the anti-virus software though). Do a ctrl+alt+delete to see the list of programs running when you log in to windows and this could help identify the programs that use a lot of CPU and/or a lot of memory.

They key in making your machine fast again is to try to identify why it's slow. Is the hard drive led constantly blinking? This could indicate a memory trashing problem caused by using too much memory, causing some data to constantly move between the disk and the RAM (tons of applications running at the same time can cause this). If not, it might be a CPU problem (do you always hear the fan of your computer going crazy?). In either case, disabling apps can make thing a lot better.

Good luck.

orange infection

orange infection

you might wanna tell us what kind of laptops you have + the specs , and what kind of heavy softwares you have installed
    and if there's any specific date where the laptop became slow ( possible virus) , or if it became slower by time (due to the heavy load of your pc)

if u ask me , whatever the problem is , formatting is still the best solution : it will take less than 30 mins , ye3neh less than the time you need to wait for our replies or advices :)

freedom4ever

freedom4ever

Nothing will solve it

1-Just format
    2-install kaspersky before u install any software
    3-connect to the internet,
    4-Update ur KAV/KIS database
    5-Install the rest of the softwares
    6-enjoy

Venom

Venom

Legendary Member
    The basic details:

HP Vista

Memory 1GB
    Processor 1.6 GHz

I think the only solution is formatting for I have done most of the solutions suggested...

thx

Frisbeetarian

Frisbeetarian

Legendary Member
    The basic details:

HP Vista

Memory 1GB
    Processor 1.6 GHz

I think the only solution is formatting for I have done most of the solutions suggested...

thx
    Dude you need 2gb with Vista. And that cpu isnt helping at all. You need to upgrade to 2gigs, because even if you format, the os's gonna act sluggishly again after a while of use.

And....why do u have Vista on such a machine? Im guessing you formatted your xp and installed Vista?

Venom

Venom

Legendary Member
    Dude you need 2gb with Vista. And that cpu isnt helping at all. You need to upgrade to 2gigs, because even if you format, the os's gonna act sluggishly again after a while of use.

And....why do u have Vista on such a machine? Im guessing you formatted your xp and installed Vista?
    that's how i bought it 2 years back....

am afraid norton is making my system slow

Danny Z

Danny Z

Legendary Member
    that's how i bought it 2 years back....

am afraid norton is making my system slow
    After 2 years whatever OS i have, i end up finding that the best solution is reformatting. It wastes a day but it is worth it.