The Q/A thread

Tsunami67

Tsunami67

I have a modified wii, it was working full color in Lebanon. a parent of mine is living in the states he took the wii with him, colors r in black n white. any idea how to fix it?

• Advertisement
  • A

Applepie

Guys I am getting a new laptop.
    I just got into uni and I am doing Computer science focused in graphics and animation.
    I was wondering if I should get a Mac or a normal PC and which one would be good for my major.
    Any recommendations would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

a59

a59

I just got into uni and I am doing Computer science focused in graphics and animation.
    I was wondering if I should get a Mac or a normal PC and which one would be good for my major.
    Thanks.
    When it comes to Graphics Macs are way ahead of PC, you need something easy to use, fast in processing and handling graphics. No diss to PCs but Macs have always been known as designer friendly, the price factor might be a drawback, you didn't tell us your budget.

As for applications, the most known ones run smoothly on both platforms so this should be your least worry when comparing.

Leb_Rebel

Leb_Rebel

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Thanks.
    You won't probably need the heavy usage of a laptop until your 2nd-3rd year.
    So my advice is that if you really need a laptop now, get something decent ( windows with basic specs) then get a macbook pro when you really need the graphics/animation
    Or just wait a year to get it.

Bare in mind that any macbook pro won't cost below 1800-2000$

AngryGuy

AngryGuy

Thanks.
    You will not take Computer Graphics courses in the first two semesters in the university as a Computer Science major (check your university catalogue).

So the best thing to do in the mean time, is buying a normal laptop to use it in your ordinary university studies...

In the second year (or even in the third, depends on your schedule), I suggest that you build your own PC, then you can pay on hardware as much as you need (you may need to buy a Nvidia Quadro graphic card).

A

Applepie

Thanks all.
    The first courses in the first year in CSC I have are program design and data abstraction.
    So the best thing to do now is to buy a normal windows laptop ? In my second year or third year will I need a mac for sure or not necessarily ?
    I will have courses like ( Software Packages for Computer Graphics I and II, Character animation, computer games design, C++)
    I don't have a specific budget but I need something to comfortably work on in my later years.

Fadi007

Fadi007

how much it will cost me if i want to connect a battery ( the one of a car i guess) and a UPS for my system (that have approx 5 Amperes of power consumption) , i don't want something fancy just something to handle them for an hour or two and to make sure there's no more cut in power especially if someone is doing a firmware update to his ps3 :rolleyes: ... thanks

NMA

NMA

Prepaid or Postpaid ?

Hello

I have an MTC Prepaid line I am thinking of switching to Postpaid.

I normally recharge my line twice a month ( 22$ each ),so I think Postpaid is much better.

My question is can i track my received/dialled number from MTC touch website ?

:D

Kumari

Kumari

Blackberry help..

Hi,

If you buy a used Blackberry , you can use the Blackberry service, without the original owner releasing its pin ...is that true?

i was told that if you didn't use the service for more than 1 month , you don't need to release the pin.. Is that true too

:dunno:

freedom4ever

freedom4ever

ok i know it should work but its not,

i activated the WAP service from alfa today hoping that i can get my email on my E72

im able to browse but not able to aquire my email via E72 email application

so help needed :D

anyone has an idea how to make it work

i called 111 their superb suggestion was that i should wait 24 hours in order to wait the sevice to be fully activated.

is it possible that i should GPRS instead of WAP?
    as i understood from them that email should work on both

FBM

FBM

hehehe email doesn't work on WAP you need GPRS (Tsabet khatak)

freedom4ever

freedom4ever

hehehe email doesn't work on WAP you need GPRS (Tsabet khatak)
    LOL Khatte msabbat when i was activating the service they were clear lol that if im not interested in using my phone on pc it will work, anyways ill upgrade it tomorrow

FBM

FBM

LOL Khatte msabbat when i was activating the service they were clear lol that if im not interested in using my phone on pc it will work, anyways ill upgrade it tomorrow
    I asked the MTC guys a couple of weeks ago the same thing, they said that the e-mail service only works on GPRS, but the thing I really wanted was EDGE but the [email protected] limited the EDGE service to Blackberries :mad: Which brings me to my questions do you guys think that if I register for the BB service on my non BB phone will I be able to get the EDGE service?

freedom4ever

freedom4ever

I asked the MTC guys a couple of weeks ago the same thing, they said that the e-mail service only works on GPRS, but the thing I really wanted was EDGE but the [email protected] limited the EDGE service to Blackberries :mad: Which brings me to my questions do you guys think that if I register for the BB service on my non BB phone will I be able to get the EDGE service?
    i called them to upgrade they will charge me the 5$ Wap + 10$ GPRS what a stupid system, they dont upgrade the service, i have to wait 1 month in order for the WAP to be dis-activated so i dont have to pay 15$ for a service upgrade

FBM

FBM

i called them to upgrade they will charge me the 5$ Wap + 10$ GPRS what a stupid system, they dont upgrade the service, i have to wait 1 month in order for the WAP to be dis-activated so i dont have to pay 15$ for a service upgrade

But will you have both?! You can always use up the 25 MB of the WAP now....

Rexus

Rexus

Best videogame shop in Lebanon?

I'm mostly talking in terms of game collection. All shops I've been to only keep the newest games. If you wanted an older game, you would have had to buy it back when it was considered new. Do you know of any shops that have huge game collections?

And I'm not talking originals :)

for:

Wii
    Xbox360
    GameCube
    Dreamcast (old console I got; would be lovely to find something for it)

Thank you all

FBM

FBM

Where do you live? In every street there are like 10 DVD shops that sell those goods though you won't find games for the dreamcast and you'll have trouble with finding games for the gamecube.... If you want try this address Beirut Istiklal st (not the one in achrafieh) like 50 meters above from a stationary called Alwan there is a good games store (called gamesland) that has what you need, and if you don't find what you need ask anyone on the street where nino is, it's good but I hate the owner so I stick to gamesland

M|ch

M|ch

UPS issue

recently bought a new tv , sony bravia ex500 46 inch with a power consumption of 195 to 240W, and i have a PCE ups xp pro 1200 va / 720W. now this same ups i used to have on it a ps3 40gb alone or a bravia V series 40 inch and they used to work very well. however when i plug the new tv the ex500 the ups which is 720 W isnt handeling this Tv, the UPS doesnt goes off , because i have a router around 20 W on it and it keeps working but the TV only goes off, when electricity switches.

Also the v series 40 inch is around 160 to 200 W and works on a 480 W ups, while when i plug the 46 inch on a 480 W ups , the ups turns off directly.

so any advice, is this tv really like they said 195 to 240 W , and isnt it 720 W enough for that kind of tv. is my ups messed ? or should i upgrade to a bigger one?

also in my ups theres a normal ups output outlet and a surge outlet , which one should i use ?

another question, if i dont the tv on a ups , and when electricity goes off and on will this harm the tv ?

10x in advance

dyyyy

dyyyy

Getting a public IP

Hi,
    Can anyone plz tell me how can i get a public IP in lebanon, and at what price?

thank youu