The Q/A thread

• Advertisement
  • insensible

insensible

Xbox 360 250GB + Kinect Shipping To Lebanon?

I am interested in buying the following:
    Amazon.com: Xbox 360 250GB Console with Kinect: Video Games for 399$

I have few questions:
    1- Which is best to ship to Lebanon? Aramex or Netshopper? and do you know any other sites where it can directly ship to Lebanon?
    2- How much should it cost, did you ship ps3 or xbox to Lebanon before?
    3- Customs are 5%, what else will I pay?
    4- Concerning play-asia.com, anyone bought games from them recently.
    Just checking an old topic, someone stated they delivered games directly to his home without customs. Any other similar sites?

E

elchebib

1- It all depends. I never had any issue with Aramex but I didn't try NetShopper so I can't tell.
    2- When I subscribed to Aramex they told that they don't ship "big" stuff and anything above 400 USD won't go through them. I guess they're concerned with handling issues and what not. Call them to confirm before ordering your stuff.
    3- To my knowledge, full customs are 15%. Customs 5% and the 10% is the VAT.
    4- I did buy a long time games from play-asia.com but you need to have a P.O. box to qualify for their free shipping. If you want them to ship to your address by hand, you'll have to pay more.

My best solution for your Xbox needs:
    Get one from Virgin when they arrive. It'll be expensive but you can rest assure that its surely in one piece and you get it immediately instead.
    For your games, you can order through Amazon UK and have them delivered through Aramex Shop and Ship service.
    For your Xbox Live needs, you can choose between 2 routes. Either go with Amazon UK, or use a local (SOFTWARE). PC and Parts deliver to you by hand through Aramex.

E

Elie Saab

Help please

Hello guys,
    while merging C:\ and D:\ Drives in windows XP,
    all the files in D:\ got corrupted(They are all 0 bytes!)
    I really need all these files(Word,Pst,...),very importants files for me!!
    I tried to startup my windows using Knopix maybe i can see them and retrieve them but nothing!
    I tried O&O Disk recovery but same thing happend! nothing!
    Please i need help
    thanks

michom

michom

Hello guys,
    I tried to startup my windows using Knopix maybe i can see them and retrieve them but nothing!
    Please i need help
    thanks
    open the console as administrator and try chkdsk /F D:

AngryGuy

AngryGuy

Hello guys,
    Please i need help
    thanks
    Boot up your computer using a Linux Live CD, and search your hard disk for the files...

You can download lightweight Linux distributions form the Internet, like Puppy Linux and DamnSmall Linux.

michom

michom

Boot up your computer using a Linux Live CD, and search your hard disk for the files...

You can download lightweight Linux distributions form the Internet, like Puppy Linux and DamnSmall Linux.
    He already tried knoppix...

dyyyy

dyyyy

GPRS on BlackBerry

Hi, do you know if you can subscribe to GPRS on blackberry
    i mean can we pay 10$ to subscribe to GPRS if we're not interested in the Blackberry service?

Boris®

Boris®

.mkv to multiple DVDs

Hello,

I have a simple question, can anyone give a software name that takes .mkv file video and makes it multiple video-DVDs ? Since making it to 1 DVD would incur too much loss of quality (I have a 13GB .mkv file that I want to burn on multiple video DVDs, I don't want to manually convert it to multiple .vobs...)

10x,

orange infection

orange infection

how to access facebook if it's blocked?

if someone have facebook blocked where he works , the connection type is DSL and i don't know if this block came from the provider (based on the employer's request) , or a trick made by an IT . so is there any tricks worth trying ?

FBM

FBM

alienproxy.com

faceyourbook.com

any other proxy...

Its not my fault if anything happens to your account though

Salmoun

Salmoun

You just install a proxy server on your personnal PC and access through it !

Ana

Ana

uhh... get a blackberry, iphone or some other smartphone and use it to access facebook. It's costly, but LEGAL!

Fadi007

Fadi007

when you are manually editing channels in ur reciever , what is "MBaud" and "Qam mode " ? how can i get maximum channels that my provider is giving me from my search ?

T

the_hitman_9

Fixed IP for gaming

I was wondering if it's worth upgrading my 512 DSL connection to a fixed IP to get better pings.

I have been trying to play FIFA 11 with a couple of friends and it is worth than the 2 seconds delay i used to have on WoW like 4 years ago.

So I called Sodetel and asked them what is the best option and they told me that most games use a fixed IP.

Question is, anyone here have a fixed 512 DSL IP (Preferably with Sodetel) and does it make the online experience actually livable (Less than 0.5 second delay at least) ?

Thanks.

Shev

Shev

anyone tried Chrome OS yet? I'm planning on installing it as a virtual machine (via Parallels Desktop 6.0).

Shev

Shev

anyone tried Chrome OS yet? I'm planning on installing it as a virtual machine (via Parallels Desktop 6.0).
    apparently not :sneaky2:. anyways, I installed it (it's quite small - about 315 MB) and you log in to the OS using your own gmail account. It's really basic and light. Here's what you can call the "desktop"

W

whyamiinlebanon

Help regarding internet

Hey

So Im back in Lebanon as usual during the holidays, and as usual its the same old story. I feel like Im back in the stone age. Its like there is no advancement whenever I come back, well with the exception of real estate prices.
    My parents have sodetel internet and its supposedly 512kbps. I say supposedly because it doesnt run at all close to 512kbps. In fact dialup seems much quicker than this. I ran a speedtest which I found from one of the other threads on here and I got something of the order of 0.01 or something which is absolutely ridiculous. I intend to call them tomorrow so I can ask them whats the deal with this "high speed" internet, but I also wanted to ask people here if high traffic has anything to do with connection speed? Or do people have dedicated internet connections? Also what is the best provider, regardless of price. Any news on when internet may be getting better? Ive been to many countries in the world and I can assure you that internet in Iraq is better than lebanon, I actually read in another thread that average speed in palestine is twice that of lebanon. I mean you have to be kidding me!

Shev

Shev

what I did last time when I was in Lebanon (given that I had to be online for long hours), I got the 3months + modem deal from mobi (the internet on the go service - you can use it almost anywhere) for $199 +TVA. The speed was almost 512 kbps, you have a 2.5 GB quota per month - free after midnight (and still I was able to consume 50% of my quota in just like few days :biggrin:). overall, it wasn't bad. It's really fast compared to ANY other internet service -DSL, Cable, WiFi min 3ind l jiran, internet cafe shops,... and it's pretty reliable as you can use it anywhere.

The catch is, I asked the retailer if he can buy it back off me before I leave, he said he'll buy the modem for $70 (its original price is $80) and he'll see what he pays for what's left of te quota. Before leaving, I had exactly a bandwidth of 2.5GB left (a one month value); he paid me back $100. Typically, it's $50 to recharge for this service per month.

see if you can do the same.