The Q/A thread

fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
It's a software bug.

What laptop and what OS version do you own?

You need to restart a certain process or restart the whole system for this issue to be resolved. Meanwhile you have to report this bug to the respective manufacturer you bought your PC from.

If you provide the above information I may help locate that process.
Thanks FM, it's an HP pavilion DV6, running win7.

The machine is still under warranty but the HP people will eventually keep it at their shop for a couple of days. I's appreciate it if you can help me out in this one.

• Advertisement
  • F

false Morel

Thanks FM, it's an HP pavilion DV6, running win7.

The machine is still under warranty but the HP people will eventually keep it at their shop for a couple of days. I's appreciate it if you can help me out in this one.
    Ok tried to search for something but maybe you could provide me with the info: do you usually have any audio managing software starting up with Windows? There should be in this case an icon for it at the task bar on the right side along with other icons.. Something like Realtek HD Audio Manager for instance.. Or if you go to the control panel you should also find there under Hardware and Sound an entry for it..

If not, state please the specific model number of your laptop..

fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Ok tried to search for something but maybe you could provide me with the info: do you usually have any audio managing software starting up with Windows? There should be in this case an icon for it at the task bar on the right side along with other icons.. Something like Realtek HD Audio Manager for instance.. Or if you go to the control panel you should also find there under Hardware and Sound an entry for it..

If not, state please the specific model number of your laptop..
    I appreciate you are taking time to help, but i have to warn you that i'm caveman level in tech support. I'll do my best though.
    I don't know if they're audio managing software, but there's Beats Audio installed, and nothing in the control panel under Hard & Sound.

i just noticed though that the sound works perfectly fine on startup, only to disappear a minute later.

I wouldn't know where to look for the model number. :09:

F

false Morel

I appreciate you are taking time to help, but i have to warn you that i'm caveman level in tech support. I'll do my best though.
    I don't know if they're audio managing software, but there's Beats Audio installed, and nothing in the control panel under Hard & Sound.

i just noticed though that the sound works perfectly fine on startup, only to disappear a minute later.

I wouldn't know where to look for the model number. :09:
    Ok, first of all must inform you that you need to do it yourself. Sine sending it to HP will bring nothing but let them do a step which would take few minutes for you to do it yourself..

The model number should be on the laptop's case. Most probably it's located on the bottom back side of the laptop..
    You should find something like this one: Pavilion dv6-6b55sg

Meanwhile, just check if you have any icons on the bottom right corner next to the clock that has anything to do with audio.. There should be an arrow up there as well, check that if it has any relative icon..

For any further step I need the model number..

fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Ok, first of all must inform you that you need to do it yourself. Sine sending it to HP will bring nothing but let them do a step which would take few minutes for you to do it yourself..

The model number should be on the laptop's case. Most probably it's located on the bottom back side of the laptop..
    You should find something like this one: Pavilion dv6-6b55sg

Meanwhile, just check if you have any icons on the bottom right corner next to the clock that has anything to do with audio.. There should be an arrow up there as well, check that if it has any relative icon..

For any further step I need the model number..

Ok got it: DV6-6180ee
    There's nothing down there that has anything to do with audio except the Beats Audio, and that came built-in.

F

false Morel

Ok got it: DV6-6180ee
    There's nothing down there that has anything to do with audio except the Beats Audio, and that came built-in.
    Ok, here's a link for latest drivers.. Download and install.. then restart..

But first, can you open that Beats Audio application? And if it opens what options you have in there?

fidelio

fidelio

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Ok, here's a link for latest drivers.. Download and install.. then restart..

But first, can you open that Beats Audio application? And if it opens what options you have in there?
    It looks like Here, and Here. Nothing too complicated, just audio controls and some tweeks. It's the first time i opened this window tbh.

Downloading the driver now. I'll let you know as soon as. Thanks :yo:

EDIT: Installed and restarted, nothing changed.

F

false Morel

It looks like Here, and Here. Nothing too complicated, just audio controls and some tweeks. It's the first time i opened this window tbh.

Downloading the driver now. I'll let you know as soon as. Thanks :yo:

EDIT: Installed and restarted, nothing changed.
    Ok, let's do it this time the complete correct way. We will have to uninstall the audio driver, restart, install the downloaded drives, and restart.

Go to: start >> type "Computer Management" and click on it when it comes out >> Device Manager >> and expand the Audio entry and tell me what do get there..

Meanwhile, right click on the task bar (anywhere in the middle between the icons at right side next to the clock and docked apps on the left side) then click on task manager, click the process panel, and search for any background process running that has to do with Audio..

Booyakasha

Booyakasha

Legendary Member
    Hey guys,

I have an urgent question. Would the Nexus 7 4G work in Europe?

Here's what they say on this link

In terms of data connections, the Nexus 7 4G supports HSPA+ up to 21Mbps. It can also work with GSM/EDGE/GPRS (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz) and 3G (850, 900, 1700, 1900, 2100 MHz). That's the same set of connections you get with the Nexus 4, meaning pretty much anything other than CDMA/LTE is fair game. (It is worth noting that while the Nexus 4 supports HSPA+ speeds up to 42Mbps -- speeds achievable only on T-Mobile's network in the U.S. -- the Nexus 7 maxes out at 21Mbps, which is as high as AT&T's HSPA+ network can go.)

http://blogs.computerworld.com/android/21399/google-nexus-7-4g

But this is closer to Chinese than English to me. So any help is appreciated!

Thanks

a59

a59

I haven't found an answer for this elsewhere so here goes nothing.

I want Mission Control to remember my windows arrangement in strict order even after i reboot.. example Desktop 1 for browsing, Desktop 2 for iTunes and Twitter app, Desktop 3 for VLC full screen, and Desktop 4 dedicated for various Folder, text editing tasks. It all works fine until reboot the desktops are shuffled and i'd have to rearrange them all over again, is it a common occurrence? I'm on ML 10.8.3

A

Applepie

Hey guys, I urgently need to set up my university's e-mail to my iPhone mail, I have tried to figure it out but I can't seem to get it to work.

I only know my e-mail address (ex: [email protected]) and my password. And the webmail is https://webmail.ndu.edu.lb and the domain name is ndu.edu.lb obviously.

I guess it's provided by Microsoft exchange server 2003. I got it to verify once and set up through Microsoft Exchange on the iPhone mail app but still it says that it cannot connects to the server so I am not receiving any e-mails.

I don't know much about this stuff.

If you can help, it would be very much appreciated. Thanks !

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Hey guys, I urgently need to set up my university's e-mail to my iPhone mail, I have tried to figure it out but I can't seem to get it to work.

I only know my e-mail address (ex: [email protected]) and my password. And the webmail is https://webmail.ndu.edu.lb and the domain name is ndu.edu.lb obviously.

I guess it's provided by Microsoft exchange server 2003. I got it to verify once and set up through Microsoft Exchange on the iPhone mail app but still it says that it cannot connects to the server so I am not receiving any e-mails.

I don't know much about this stuff.

If you can help, it would be very much appreciated. Thanks !
    make sure that you have SSL enabled on the iphone account settings. sometimes the university blocks mobile access for some reason.

as a temp solution you can forward your edu account to GMAIL or any other account you have, until you get to verify the university mail settings.

N

nepathyanbt

Hi, this is nepathyanbt...I got a problem in my PC that is when I work in browser safari it goes of at the middle of work, I got vista home premium. What other browser would you suggest?

Hi, I have a kindle touch which is gifted from my brother, there are certain numbers of books which are boring too. Actually I would like to read some new arrival novels and interesting stories, does any one know how can I get them in to my kindle, and any idea to to store my own documents.

Can I get any free online pc securities, if yes, recommend links plzzzzz

Last edited by a moderator:
    H

Huzz3in

Pay with text message or call?

Hello, do someone here know any serious, safe and good way to take payment by text messaging or calling by phone? That do support all phones in Lebanon? Thank you,

Booyakasha

Booyakasha

Legendary Member
    Hey guys

I have a macbook pro with OS X Mavericks.

Every time I open it back from sleep the wifi disconnects and starts searching for the connection again. Tried several 'solutions' outlined online but none seem to work.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

A

Applepie

Hello guys, I need to download Microsoft Project 2003 urgently, does anyone know where I can download it from for free ? Thanks.

EuroMode

EuroMode

I got a new laptop and it included win 8.1 without the ProductId, so i had to check how to get it in case in the future i needed to format.

so i am sharing it with you guys just in case someone had this problem also.

Basically you download a program called Belarc from Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit, for software, hardware and security configuration information on your computer. Software license management, IT asset management, cyber security audits, and more. , its a free one.

It will scan your computer and give you all serial numbers. Including windows ProductId.

Walidos

Walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Tayyeb my folks' internet is a f...g nightmare! The phone line is from Naher Beirut, we have ADSL from Sodetel however it's the 1.5Mbps with unlimited traffic... it's soooooo sow mush ma32oul!!! I called sodetel and they said that darn central doesn't support higher speed, that hey could increase the speed and charge us but it would be useless... so: i am looking for an alternate solution where we can still stream a decent amount at accepatable speeds, that won't cost a tricking fortune. Any ideas?

FPM4EVER

FPM4EVER

Legendary Member
    Hello guys ,

i need help with My ogero DSl internet connection

i need to change the password for my router and ogero is not helping so much , and it seems that we cannot connect to the modem

is there any way i can change the password ???