The Q/A thread

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Hello guys ,

i need help with My ogero DSl internet connection

i need to change the password for my router and ogero is not helping so much , and it seems that we cannot connect to the modem

is there any way i can change the password ???
Look up the model of your router and google its default IP number and if there's a default password for it (you may need to reset it).

• Advertisement
  • Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    Hello guys ,

i need help with My ogero DSl internet connection

i need to change the password for my router and ogero is not helping so much , and it seems that we cannot connect to the modem

is there any way i can change the password ???
    Look up the model of your router and google its default IP number and if there's a default password for it (you may need to reset it).
    i ran into a similar problem several years ago, it turned out that "retarded" ogero actually changes the passwords and login to the DSL routers prior to installing them so that people cannot modify the specified DNS servers.. customer service have no clue, you need to request to talk to someone from technical support, and even then i think they will be quite reluctant to give you administrative access to your own router. go figure. for ogero, Lebanese only use the internet only to comment on facebook..

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    i ran into a similar problem several years ago, it turned out that "retarded" ogero actually changes the passwords and login to the DSL routers prior to installing them so that people cannot modify the specified DNS servers.. customer service have no clue, you need to request to talk to someone from technical support, and even then i think they will be quite reluctant to give you administrative access to your own router. go figure. for ogero, Lebanese only use the internet only to comment on facebook..
    OK. Idiots. But you mean that the default password is still not reset after a manual reset of the router?

Dark Angel

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    OK. Idiots. But you mean that the default password is still not reset after a manual reset of the router?
    it has been a while, but if memory serves me right, i had to call them after a reset to reactivate something on their end. it was such a terrible experience, they even had a quota on a supposedly open account that resets its self once a month, so even if you are paying for the additional utilization, it would limit your speed once you go above a certain GB number.. it took me a while to figure out what was happening, cause they simply do not tell you about that even though they can fix it from their end, so when i finally figured it out and told them i am paying for the extra bandwidth, and i shouldn't be subjected to such silly rules, they reverted to the usual "monsieur ne7na ma khasna, baddak te7ke ma3 el idara" ... te3tir..

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    it has been a while, but if memory serves me right, i had to call them after a reset to reactivate something on their end. it was such a terrible experience, they even had a quota on a supposedly open account that resets its self once a month, so even if you are paying for the additional utilization, it would limit your speed once you go above a certain GB number.. it took me a while to figure out what was happening, cause they simply do not tell you about that even though they can fix it from their end, so when i finally figured it out and told them i am paying for the extra bandwidth, and i shouldn't be subjected to such silly rules, they reverted to the usual "monsieur ne7na ma khasna, baddak te7ke ma3 el idara" ... te3tir..
    yes, kteer third world, they think giving you access to basic functions in your router is like handing you the keys to their safety box filled with their chinese faux bijoux.

420weblazeit

420weblazeit

Hi, going to Lebanon soon

What is the cheapest/best way to have data on phone? The more the better

Also, what areas in Lebanon have electricity on for more hours of the day, and have the best internet

Sorry, noob question

Jo

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    Hi, going to Lebanon soon
    What is the cheapest/best way to have data on phone? The more the better
    There are 2 ways, you can either go with Alfa or with Touch . Both have the same prices, however, depending on the area you are in, coverage might differ. Where i am, Touch is much better.

Also, what areas in Lebanon have electricity on for more hours of the day, and have the best internet
    You wont notice the electricity cuts as most areas have generators backup.
    ADSL is better in Beirut in general or areas close to the "central"

Enjoy your stay :)