• Hello Guest

Please bear with us! The Orange Room is being restructured.

The scary case of Article 50 of the 2018 budget

LVV

The key word here is "should".
I think that you and I agree that this government has shown a propensity to breaking laws without a single care in the world.
In your very sentence you mention how we are beyond that cap, which means the IS already broken.....why would the government stop now???

How did we even to the point of this very important law to be broken?
Doesn't that scare you?
Shut up liar
كنعان: الاقامة ليست تجنيسا... الا لمن يريدها قميصاً
Didn’t your F.....civil lists supported refugees rights in Lebanon
Hypocrites

• Advertisement
  • The Jade

Legendary Member
    Shut up liar
    كنعان: الاقامة ليست تجنيسا... الا لمن يريدها قميصاً
    Didn’t your F.....civil lists supported refugees rights in Lebanon
    Hypocrites
    Show me one place where Watani pushed for any refugee rights that gives them permanent residency.
    Or are you going to lie again just like your empty accusations of them defrauding the Lebanese state through "fake NGOs" ??

If you represent the best of FPM, eh mabrouk 3alayoun.
    @walidos @JB81 @Jo does this guy represent the FPM?

LVV

Show me one place where Watani pushed for any refugee rights that gives them permanent residency.
    Or are you going to lie again just like your empty accusations of them defrauding the Lebanese state through "fake NGOs" ??

If you represent the best of FPM, eh mabrouk 3alayoun.
    @walidos @JB81 @Jo does this guy represent the FPM?
    Let’s see tomorrow May 6 how much the Lebanese people trust you and how many deputies you will have
    Yes you love FPM you wish us the best

The Jade

Legendary Member
    Let’s see tomorrow May 6 how much the Lebanese people trust you and how many deputies you will have
    Yes you love FPM you wish us the best
    I have no doubt that a lot of idiots and misinformed people will fall for the lies and propaganda that the likes of you and LVV2 spew here and around them.
    No problem though, there's a lot of Lebanese who stopped falling for these fake stories.
    The others, we'll just have to spend more time opening their eyes that you have spent decades keeping closed.

JB81

Legendary Member
    I have no doubt that a lot of idiots and misinformed people will fall for the lies and propaganda that the likes of you and LVV2 spew here and around them.
    No problem though, there's a lot of Lebanese who stopped falling for these fake stories.
    The others, we'll just have to spend more time opening their eyes that you have spent decades keeping closed.
    You are very delusional with your watani and moujtama3 reked wara kerseh people.

They don't even have political program, just basic bla bla bla of fighting corruption that have no realistic road plan.

The Jade

Legendary Member
    You are very delusional with your watani and moujtama3 reked wara kerseh people.

They don't even have political program, just basic bla bla bla of fighting corruption that have no realistic road plan.
    They do have a program which I posted here so many times.
    They have a very realistic roadmap which I also posted here so many times.

Care to show me FPM's political program and roadmap?
    What about their allies?
    Care to show me how the FPM will fight corruption along with its allies: FM, AMAL and Jamaa Islamiyya?

The problem is that people like LVV and LVV2, if Kanaan or Aoun tells them that the sky is red, they will believe it and come here to tell us how we're not being realistic.
    Are you an LVV too?

LVV

Ok so you just have to win 4/5 deputies to be credible about a beginning of change
    Or else you will not be trusted
    You treat most Lebanese idiots because they don’t trust your lies
    You are the idiot liar

The Jade

Legendary Member
    Ok so you just have to win 4/5 deputies to be credible about a beginning of change
    You are the idiot liar
    Seriously dude, no one is waiting for your opinion to decide whether they are trustworthy or not.
    Not even FPMers....

Have you realised that you're the only FPMer here who gets criticised by both FPMers and non-FPMers????
    Doesn't that tell you something?

JB81

Legendary Member
    They do have a program which I posted here so many times.
    They have a very realistic roadmap which I also posted here so many times.

Care to show me FPM's political program and roadmap?
    What about their allies?
    Care to show me how the FPM will fight corruption along with its allies: FM, AMAL and Jamaa Islamiyya?

The problem is that people like LVV and LVV2, if Kanaan or Aoun tells them that the sky is red, they will believe it and come here to tell us how we're not being realistic.
    Are you an LVV too?
    Let me see, I watched one of them couple days ago, when asked she said we are not here to oppose and take politicians to court for corruption , but to work with the political class because they have people who elects them... lol heard that from FPM... do they have anything else to offer than copying FPM? Why can't they be honest with people and tell them that we can't do a thing we promise?

LVV

Seriously dude, no one is waiting for your opinion to decide whether they are trustworthy or not.
    Not even FPMers....

Have you realised that you're the only FPMer here who gets criticised by both FPMers and non-FPMers????
    Doesn't that tell you something?
    It is not important what People feel about me or you
    Lebanese people don’t trust you in general and may 6 will prove it
    Because you are sectarian who said
    Kouloun Wayne kouloun

The Jade

Legendary Member
    Let me see, I watched one of them couple days ago, when asked she said we are not here to oppose and take politicians to court for corruption , but to work with the political class because they have people who elects them... lol heard that from FPM... do they have anything else to offer than copying FPM? Why can't they be honest with people and tell them that we can't do a thing we promise?
    Please do send me the link of this interview.

Also, why do you want others to come and tell you that they can't do a thing they promise, when the party you support does the exact opposite?
    Why do you want others to be holier than thou while you guys can lie through your teeth?

Just like this article in the budget which will lead to an invasion of foreigners and will benefit only real estate companies and owners of several flats (i.e: rich people and politicians). Your guys are still lying about it, they're still minimising its impact, they're still telling you it's fine, nothing will happen.....and you still believe them.

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    i haven't read all the comments on this issue...
    and while i understand the fears and concerns of many, because the question of "naturalization" is a serious threat to Lebanon, I don't see this law as disastrous as many see it... i see many flaws in it, but i don't see it as equivalent or a step towards naturalization.

So here are my comments, the good and the bad, and i am happy to be proven wrong, as long as the discussions are DECENT and RESPECTFUL (unlike some of the posts above):

- on the face of it, it sounds normal to say: if you own a property, we will allow you a residence visa as long as you own the property for you and your family. Lebanon is a touristic country, and open to foreign investors, mainly from the gulf. This is not a PERMANENT residence per se, it is available as long as the property is owned. And i didn't read it as passing from generation to generation, it says to the owner, his wife and underage children.
    - concern #1: what is meant by "residence" ("ikama")? what is the definition in Lebanese law? is it like a permanent tourist visa? Is it a residence that allows the person to work? what rights are included in "residence"? cause that would make a huge difference
    - concern #2: what if the person commits a crime in Lebanon? can this visa be revoked and the person be deported?
    - concern #3: what are the rules/laws on inheritance... if the person dies, will his children inherit and become owners, and hence as adults be eligible for the visa?
    - concern #4: discrimination... once again, a law tailored to men giving rights to their wives and children, without equality... what if a woman buys the property?
    - concern #5: discrimination.. i understand they set a minimum property value, but are we saying only if you're rich you can get a visa? that said, this "discrimination" is common everywhere, even in the progressive western world where you have to show proof of $$$ before being awarded any kind of visa.
    - concern #6: in an overcrowded country where locals cannot afford or find residence, are we encouraging more foreigners to buy properties, which might push property prices even higher, and make it more difficult for the average Lebanese with a family to own a property?
    - concern #7: i am not sure why this has to be part of the BUDGET law! are there additional taxes attached to it, higher fees for the visa?

LVV

i haven't read all the comments on this issue...
    and while i understand the fears and concerns of many, because the question of "naturalization" is a serious threat to Lebanon, I don't see this law as disastrous as many see it... i see many flaws in it, but i don't see it as equivalent or a step towards naturalization.

So here are my comments, the good and the bad, and i am happy to be proven wrong, as long as the discussions are DECENT and RESPECTFUL (unlike some of the posts above):

- on the face of it, it sounds normal to say: if you own a property, we will allow you a residence visa as long as you own the property for you and your family. Lebanon is a touristic country, and open to foreign investors, mainly from the gulf. This is not a PERMANENT residence per se, it is available as long as the property is owned. And i didn't read it as passing from generation to generation, it says to the owner, his wife and underage children.
    - concern #1: what is meant by "residence" ("ikama")? what is the definition in Lebanese law? is it like a permanent tourist visa? Is it a residence that allows the person to work? what rights are included in "residence"? cause that would make a huge difference
    - concern #2: what if the person commits a crime in Lebanon? can this visa be revoked and the person be deported?
    - concern #3: what are the rules/laws on inheritance... if the person dies, will his children inherit and become owners, and hence as adults be eligible for the visa?
    - concern #4: discrimination... once again, a law tailored to men giving rights to their wives and children, without equality... what if a woman buys the property?
    - concern #5: discrimination.. i understand they set a minimum property value, but are we saying only if you're rich you can get a visa? that said, this "discrimination" is common everywhere, even in the progressive western world where you have to show proof of $$$ before being awarded any kind of visa.
    - concern #6: in an overcrowded country where locals cannot afford or find residence, are we encouraging more foreigners to buy properties, which might push property prices even higher, and make it more difficult for the average Lebanese with a family to own a property?
    - concern #7: i am not sure why this has to be part of the BUDGET law! are there additional taxes attached to it, higher fees for the visa?
    First Palestinians are not concerned by this
    Second Syrians can already buy houses
    80 percent of them are poor
    Hundreds of thousands of Syrians has momentary residence in Lebanon, they pay money for it every year
    Three this is not giving nationality
    Four FPM will change the law after the elections

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    Four FPM will change the law after the elections
    if the law is ok, why would they change it? why would they change it? and why didn't they change it now?
    question is: if there are concerns, why weren't they addressed now? and who insisted on the law as is

LVV

if the law is ok, why would they change it? why would they change it? and why didn't they change it now?
    question is: if there are concerns, why weren't they addressed now? and who insisted on the law as is
    Because the patriarch and some Christians are afraid
    They will try to change it

Aoune32!

You are the idiot liar
    If you were an LFers or someone who support Amal and spoke like that you would have been banned ages ago. Have some respect when you talk to people. People are not your slaves and simply they dont care about you or your language.

You are 40 something yrs old and thank god you are not a father of children. With this mentality they would have grown up metlak which we dont need more LVVs in society. Enta wehed sheep and no one takes you seriously aslan.. You dont think for yourself lal asaf and you have a brain size of a peanut.

Aoune32!

Not true... even I. Construction sites Syrian workers would get 4-6$ an hour for the worst possible paying jobs... at 10 hours a day, 6 days a week and 4 weeks, that’s 960$ a month... there are obviously some jobs that pay less but the average is not 500$

And 4500 a month is for the couple not the individual
    Whats not true exactly?
    4500 a couple is like maybe 2-5% of the population earn that is lebanon. It is definetely not the majority. I have friends and family in leb from al mina to hadath-beirut and they certainly do not earn 2200 and they have been 8 years working. Bye2bado masalan 1700-1800.