• Hello Guest

Please bear with us! The Orange Room is being restructured.

The scary case of Article 50 of the 2018 budget

Aoune32!

It is not important what People feel about me or you
Lebanese people don’t trust you in general and may 6 will prove it
Because you are sectarian who said
Kouloun Wayne kouloun
Lebanese people are stupid and sectarian hence they keep on voting for the same people. Ma byes2alo 7aloun lech ba3ad 25-30 years the country ba3da backwards??
Tene chi lebanese they rather wledoun yetla3o la barra than voting for a different party. People are corrupt not the politicians. The politics is a mirror image of the people of the country. People suck!!

• Advertisement
  • Aoune32!

Whoever created this article should be hanged by the balls. The article 50 needs to removed immediately. What a charade this country is. The politicians just sold the country to the highest bidder. No one will get PR from having property and at the fore front of attacking this article is the Patriarch in which people fully support.

walidos

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    It’s not true that he averageis 500$

Whats not true exactly?
    4500 a couple is like maybe 2-5% of the population earn that is lebanon. It is definetely not the majority. I have friends and family in leb from al mina to hadath-beirut and they certainly do not earn 2200 and they have been 8 years working. Bye2bado masalan 1700-1800.

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    DaprEvjXUAAvZwN.jpg

@Indie here's the text of the law....
    Thoughts?
    Thoughts...well...

I'm opposed to this law and I will always oppose such laws. Lebanon is not, like America, a land of "immigration and opportunity." Places like America were built by attracting foreigners looking for opportunities. The dynamics in Lebanon are totally different.

That being said, I have seen improvements in Lebanese politics and hope for Christians, since FPM got more power and President Aoun got elected. I also believe that they would achieve much more if they were not obligated to compromise with the other established parties. But they have to...they have no choice...and to blame them for something they have no choice in is not fair.

That being said, there is always the worry that, even in FPM, some MPs could get complacent and err on the wrong path. This is something all voters should be on the lookout for, no matter how clean they think a party is.

Saying that FPM is better than other established parties is not the same as saying they are perfect. No one is perfect.

This includes the "civil society" candidates. It's your right to support them, but sometimes you talk as if they are angels that can do no wrong, and as if they won't have to deal with parties like LF, FM, Amal, etc.

You want to give them a chance, and that is also your right. My worry is that supporters of LF, FM, Amal, will continue to support their party, while the civil society list will only take votes away from FPM.

For someone like Hariri, it doesn't matter so much if his list loses in a district like Beirut 1. Even if he is allied with FPM elsewhere, it is more beneficial for him to have a Paula Yacoubian elected in Beirut 1, rather than somone from FPM / Tashnag.

You can ally with someone for elections purposes, but that does not mean you will have the same objectives once in parliament.

As a Christian in Lebanon, while I would love to focus more on social and environmental issues, there is a reality that we have to deal with and which takes precedence: our survival. It is unfortunate that this is the case...but it is what it is.

With FPM, the Christians finally have a say again...and they push for social reforms where they can. I cannot give that up for the overly idealistic social reform promisses of candidates who are linked to the likes of Hariri, whose party's decisions would have turned Lebanon into a Saudi province, and Lebanese Christians into dhimmis.

Sorry if this turns out to be incoherent rambling. I have the flu and difficulty focusing. Hope it makes some sense.

The Jade

Legendary Member
    Thoughts...well...

I'm opposed to this law and I will always oppose such laws. Lebanon is not, like America, a land of "immigration and opportunity." Places like America were built by attracting foreigners looking for opportunities. The dynamics in Lebanon are totally different.

That being said, I have seen improvements in Lebanese politics and hope for Christians, since FPM got more power and President Aoun got elected. I also believe that they would achieve much more if they were not obligated to compromise with the other established parties. But they have to...they have no choice...and to blame them for something they have no choice in is not fair.

That being said, there is always the worry that, even in FPM, some MPs could get complacent and err on the wrong path. This is something all voters should be on the lookout for, no matter how clean they think a party is.

Saying that FPM is better than other established parties is not the same as saying they are perfect. No one is perfect.

This includes the "civil society" candidates. It's your right to support them, but sometimes you talk as if they are angels that can do no wrong, and as if they won't have to deal with parties like LF, FM, Amal, etc.

You want to give them a chance, and that is also your right. My worry is that supporters of LF, FM, Amal, will continue to support their party, while the civil society list will only take votes away from FPM.

For someone like Hariri, it doesn't matter so much if his list loses in a district like Beirut 1. Even if he is allied with FPM elsewhere, it is more beneficial for him to have a Paula Yacoubian elected in Beirut 1, rather than somone from FPM / Tashnag.

You can ally with someone for elections purposes, but that does not mean you will have the same objectives once in parliament.

As a Christian in Lebanon, while I would love to focus more on social and environmental issues, there is a reality that we have to deal with and which takes precedence: our survival. It is unfortunate that this is the case...but it is what it is.

With FPM, the Christians finally have a say again...and they push for social reforms where they can. I cannot give that up for the overly idealistic social reform promisses of candidates who are linked to the likes of Hariri, whose party's decisions would have turned Lebanon into a Saudi province, and Lebanese Christians into dhimmis.

Sorry if this turns out to be incoherent rambling. I have the flu and difficulty focusing. Hope it makes some sense.
    You make a few good points here.

Though it's a bit weird that you mention the case of Christians, and how they have a better say now.....knowing full well that such a law is disastrous to christians in particular and middle to low income families in general (which are mainly made up of christians).

Christians may have a say, but soon, they won't have a place to live and afford.
    What good does it make if you have a say, which is carried out by the same people who signed your death sentence?

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    You make a few good points here.

Though it's a bit weird that you mention the case of Christians, and how they have a better say now.....knowing full well that such a law is disastrous to christians in particular and middle to low income families in general (which are mainly made up of christians).

Christians may have a say, but soon, they won't have a place to live and afford.
    What good does it make if you have a say, which is carried out by the same people who signed your death sentence?
    True...but without FPM, things for Christians would be much worse. I think they are doing what is humanly possible with the cards we are dealt with.

The Jade

Legendary Member
    True...but without FPM, things for Christians would be much worse. I think they are doing what is humanly possible with the cards we are dealt with.
    I think we're going around in circles here, so I'll make a last comment about this.
    While I do agree that the FPM gave a better voice/representation to christians, they've gradually lost their way.

There would be a bit of logic if the FPM accepted this clause but got something else in return.
    I may not accept it, but I can see that there indeed bargaining.

However, in this case, the clause is not only inducing forced migration (tehjir) of Lebanese by making them unable to afford housing in their own country, it is also opening doors for foreign employment when 30% to 40% of Lebanese have no jobs and last but not least, it's stepping stone to full naturalisation.
    The latter won't happen tomorrow, but it's a milestone we never thought would be possible.

All this is happening with the FPM's seal of approval on it.
    The very people the FPM is claiming to protect are the ones who are being hurt the most.
    And we're not talking about a few families here and there and a small hit on their bank account to say that it's a necessary little evil.
    We're talking about being refugees in our own country!

Did you ask yourself what did the FPM trade to sign the death warrant of the largest chunk of the Lebanese population? (Christians as well as middle and lower class).
    Or are you giving them your blind trust? (They know better than you. Bassil know best, etc....)
    We definitely do not agree on almost everything, but I think we can agree that you're not an LVV and would not put your fate in some politician's hands without asking the right questions.

In other posts, you point out how Paula Yacoubian lacks good judgment for something that will barely make a dent in people's life.

How come people are not as harsh with the FPM and their disastrous position?

Aoune32!

I think we're going around in circles here, so I'll make a last comment about this.
    While I do agree that the FPM gave a better voice/representation to christians, they've gradually lost their way.

There would be a bit of logic if the FPM accepted this clause but got something else in return.
    I may not accept it, but I can see that there indeed bargaining.

However, in this case, the clause is not only inducing forced migration (tehjir) of Lebanese by making them unable to afford housing in their own country, it is also opening doors for foreign employment when 30% to 40% of Lebanese have no jobs and last but not least, it's stepping stone to full naturalisation.
    The latter won't happen tomorrow, but it's a milestone we never thought would be possible.

All this is happening with the FPM's seal of approval on it.
    The very people the FPM is claiming to protect are the ones who are being hurt the most.
    And we're not talking about a few families here and there and a small hit on their bank account to say that it's a necessary little evil.
    We're talking about being refugees in our own country!

Did you ask yourself what did the FPM trade to sign the death warrant of the largest chunk of the Lebanese population? (Christians as well as middle and lower class).
    Or are you giving them your blind trust? (They know better than you. Bassil know best, etc....)
    We definitely do not agree on almost everything, but I think we can agree that you're not an LVV and would not put your fate in some politician's hands without asking the right questions.

In other posts, you point out how Paula Yacoubian lacks good judgment for something that will barely make a dent in people's life.

How come people are not as harsh with the FPM and their disastrous position?
    They are thinking in a different way. They are trying to do what Hariri Senior try to do in the 90s. They are trying to open up the economy as it is in dire straits and soon will be too late to do anything. They think if they can approve these bullshit incentives that everything will be OK. I really think GOD the Lebanese are not in charge of some country like Australia or Canada they would have really f**** it up.

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    بكركي تتجاوز محاولات تضليلها: مبروك إنجاز الموازنة وكل الإصلاحات

لشهور وشهور كان الوزير الكتائبي السابق سليم الصايغ يزور بكركي ساعات وساعات ليحاول تضليل سيد الصرح بأخبار وأخبار أدت أخيراً إلى صدور أكثر من موقف بطريركي يتناغم مع الأجندة الكتائبية. إلا أن معلومات www.elections18.com تفيد بأن رئيس لجنة المال والموازنة زار أخيراً الصرح البطريركي حاملاً معه كل الملفات الموثقة لا الأقاويل والإشاعات المضللة. وقال كنعان للبطريرك خلال اجتماعهما إنه يعتقد أن الجهد يجب أن يتركز اليوم على كيفية تسهيل تملك الشباب اللبناني للشقق السكنية في ظل الضغط المعيشي الكبير والقيود المصرفية، لكن هذا شيء والمشروع المحول من الحكومة إلى لجنة المال والموازنة شيء آخر. فالحكومة بإجماع أعضائها تريد تقديم محفزات للأجانب من أجل ضخ بعض السيولة في قطاع البناء دون المس من قريب أو بعيد بالقوانين الخاصة بمنح الجنسية اللبنانية، وتمعن البطريرك بالمستندات التي لا تترك مجالاً للشك ليتأكد أن غالبية ما قيل له ما لم يكن كله غير صحيح. الإقامة شيء والجنسية شيء آخر، أولاً. وهناك الكثير الكثير من القوانين اللبنانية التي تسهل الحصول على الإقامة دون أن يكون لذلك أية علاقة بالتجنيس. وعليه، اقتنع البطريرك وهو أشار خلال عظته يوم الأحد الماضي إلى جهود لجنة المال والموازنة، مهنئاً اللبنانيين بإقرار الموازنة التي ضبطت الانفاق المتفلت وأنجزت عدة إصلاحات لازمة ومطلوبة لانتظام مالية الدولة.

LForever

Deaf to reason liar
    Kanaan suspended the law in his Comity but the majority restored it ( LF Amal Jumblat Harriri) during the Parliament General Session Meeting
    FPM voted for the budget but against the article
    Today they will try to change it
    All LF deputy didn’t vote for the 2018 budget...

LForever

All LF deputy didn’t vote for the 2018 budget...
    Deaf to reason liar
    Kanaan suspended the law in his Comity but the majority restored it ( LF Amal Jumblat Harriri) during the Parliament General Session Meeting
    FPM voted for the budget but against the article
    Today they will try to change it
    And stop your lies because the budget and this law are in the same text so you can not vote for the budget without voting for this law...

LVV

And stop your lies because the budget and this law are in the same text so you can not vote for the budget without voting for this law...
    Yes ignorant you can
    Budget Lesson
    First you vote on every article of the budget than on the whole budget
    Second LF supported the budget and the article and did not vow to revise it like Tayyar

Aoune32!

Yes ignorant you can
    Budget Lesson
    First you vote on every article of the budget than on the whole budget
    Second LF supported the budget and the article and did not vow to revise it like Tayyar
    The LF didn't vote for the budget LVV. I think you are mistaken.