The State of the Lebanese Pound [$ @ 22,500]

Rockies

الاسمر: لعدم المس بالاحتياط الإلزامي واحتياط الذهب وأصول الدولة​

i think with Amal w Berri taro .
And anyway, it is a percentage of total debt if assuming they are still 100% there.

Rockies

No she7adin only with "sharaf" we dont need zionist money!
On a serious note it is an opportunity for israel to inch closer to one of the most valuable peace deals they can do.
Lebanon is not a danger to Israel but a big annoying nuisance on the northern border but unfortunately a large chunk of the population believes in eternal war + let's not kid ourselves it is either an empty gesture for PR or the conditions will mirror our situation..nothing is ever free.
Zionist or not and accept or not. The harm done by the politicians and their parties are worse than what Israel did in 2006.

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
Zionist or not and accept or not. The harm done by the politicians and their parties are worse than what Israel did in 2006.
for the record : "No she7adin only with "sharaf" we dont need zionist money!" was not serious :lol:

I agree the damage is done but now we need any help we get.

Skairipa

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
No she7adin only with "sharaf" we dont need zionist money!
On a serious note it is an opportunity for israel to inch closer to one of the most valuable peace deals they can do.
Lebanon is not a danger to Israel but a big annoying nuisance on the northern border but unfortunately a large chunk of the population believes in eternal war + let's not kid ourselves it is either an empty gesture for PR or the conditions will mirror our situation..nothing is ever free.
What the population believes is not the hurdle. The hurdle is Lebanon being ruled by medieval religious gang subservient to Iran. Such a nation does not even have the sovereignty to negotiate peace with Israel, let alone reach a deal.

!Aoune32

for the record : "No she7adin only with "sharaf" we dont need zionist money!" was not serious :lol:

I agree the damage is done but now we need any help we get.

why would anyone help the Lebanese when some in Lebanon spit on the international community? the foreign policy of our country needs to change.

!Aoune32

What the population believes is not the hurdle. The hurdle is Lebanon being ruled by medieval religious gang subservient to Iran. Such a nation does not even have the sovereignty to negotiate peace with Israel, let alone reach a deal.

Lebanon is a state ruled by militias. what is the point of me going to fight in Syria, Yemen or Iraq and I am not even able to fight corruption at home? not even able to feed the mouths at home? my foreign policy and international relations in tatters?

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
we as expats help our country to our families being there or the emotional link we have I am talking about countries.
But we cannot buy oil tankers nor bring medicine ...shortages and the black market is raging

LEBANESE-CIA

Legendary Member
Let any country who wants to help without ulterior motives to help, be it china saudi arabia iran qatar russia europe, We dont have to be
waiting for the american to say yes or no, it is like shooting yourself in the foot.
what usa can do more then what we already subjected too (sanctions?) .
we need a wake up call from all sides to look for the benefit of the people not the countries!!!

Bandar

Orange Room Supporter
tourism in lebanon is finished. the arabs see it as another yemen/iraq at this point. no westerners will come here. the level of arabs/westerners visiting lebanon will be drastically reduced from here moving forward, even if the current crisis is solved.

the banking sector is finished as it is now obvious to everyone that they were running a legalized ponzi scheme with the 10-12% return rates paid with other people's deposits. trust will be even more damaged once it is clear to more and more people that large sums of money were moved abroad once the big players caught wind of what was going to happen.

lebanon's medical sector and engineering sector is also irrecoverably damaged as the vast majority of educated people will seek to leave the country as they can make 10x the salary available here even in eastern europe or south america. the pedigree of future doctors/engineers will slowly erode as AUB falls to HA dominance/influence. USJ will hang on for a small while but will also fall to the same thing. Both universities will likely lose their western accreditation as the country sinks more into poverty and chaos.

let me tell you guys something about lebanese people. if the AC doesn't work, you turn on the fan. the fan breaks so you use an old fashioned fan, the one you hold, and when that breaks you sit in front of a window waiting for a breeze to hit your face every once in a while. it never occurred to them to figure out what's wrong with the AC, who is responsible, and how to fix it. through some combination of social and demographic factors, one thing or another, this population now has an IQ that rests somewhere along with haiti, congo, etc. it will not be long before people here forget how electricity and running water even work, or that these things were ever important in the first place. a society like this one needs vast amounts of oil, and western benefactors to extract the oil, in order to enjoy any semblance of comfort. lebanon does not have this.

so stop talking about tourism, and designer clothes, and which mercedes you want to buy. if you have half a brain, leave this place and let the animals fight over who gets to own the villa near that garbage pile and who gets to own the villa next to the open sewers. who gets to have electricity for 5 hours a day and who gets 10 hours. this place is finished so go start knocking on embassy doors until one of them opens.

Bandar

Orange Room Supporter
is anyone able to recharge their 4g on alfa? balashna with the 4g huh... so now i can't even work when the electricity is down, which is several hours per day. i hope this country rots.