The State of the Lebanese Pound [$ @ 22,500]

!Aoune32

For me its about the political profiteering that is being done. It is pathetic a bit.
They talk about "siyede" and being independent of any foreign influence and then we are running to KSA from one side and to Iran the other. (please dont tell me that is any different because it is not)

That is what the Yemenis did. Look how it ended up!! celebrating someone having a new(old) foreign master is just ridiculous as both KSA and Iran care about their regional influence more than our population. Remember we want iran to f-off not the Saudis to come aswell. Anyway LFers cannot preach "siyede" anymore than HA and other parties can. Riz2allah 3a iyyem el "7iyed" they gave up very fast. Get ready for more confrontation if someone agreed to fund it.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

for me i just compare the 2 terrorist countries KSA and Iran and see which one benefits me more. Iran has given us nothing and due to the Iranian hold on our country it has collapsed. KSA there are 300K people working there, billions being sent home and trade between the 2 countries. I am against any interference in our affairs and this is not about escaping a country and replacing it with another.

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
for me i just compare the 2 terrorist countries KSA and Iran and see which one benefits me more. Iran has given us nothing and due to the Iranian hold on our country it has collapsed. KSA there are 300K people working there, billions being sent home and trade between the 2 countries. I am against any interference in our affairs and this is not about escaping a country and replacing it with another.
It is very naive to think there is no interference. It is the price to pay either we accept it or not. You cannot split the package because unfortunately it is not a lebanese choice.
Anyway hope we dont end up like Yemen for me this is the path we are on. Getting into a regional battle that was lost for the Saudis against Iran at the expense of the Yemeni population and now opening another "jabha" that starts like...help to buy loyalty and i think this is the main reason KSA did not sign a peace deal with israel... unfinished business in lebanon and maybe syria and it would be harder to make public friends (private is easy) here. That peace deal is there but not signed publicly. (opinion and hearsay from my side nothing more)

Rockies

KSA is not terrorist country . The people there have their traditions (like corruption in Lebanon is a tradition).
Islam is everywhere u go there and if that bothers u just don't visit.
Saudis like to talk with Lebanese and at many occasions ordinary people from whom I use to buy from the market once they know I am from Lebanon they make discounts.
Probably u r eluding to the extremists but don't forget even KSA was their target at one period.

I don't know anything about Iran but KSA is an advanced country and it respects their citizens something also u don't find in Lebanon

!Aoune32

KSA is not terrorist country . The people there have their traditions (like corruption in Lebanon is a tradition).
Islam is everywhere u go there and if that bothers u just don't visit.
Saudis like to talk with Lebanese and at many occasions ordinary people from whom I use to buy from the market once they know I am from Lebanon they make discounts.
Probably u r eluding to the extremists but don't forget even KSA was their target at one period.

I don't know anything about Iran but KSA is an advanced country and it respects their citizens something also u don't find in Lebanon

Both countries I do not think highly of but I do benefit from one and not the other.

!Aoune32

It is very naive to think there is no interference. It is the price to pay either we accept it or not. You cannot split the package because unfortunately it is not a lebanese choice.
Anyway hope we dont end up like Yemen for me this is the path we are on. Getting into a regional battle that was lost for the Saudis against Iran at the expense of the Yemeni population and now opening another "jabha" that starts like...help to buy loyalty and i think this is the main reason KSA did not sign a peace deal with israel... unfinished business in lebanon and maybe syria and it would be harder to make public friends (private is easy) here. That peace deal is there but not signed publicly. (opinion and hearsay from my side nothing more)

I think the Saudis have given up on Lebanon for a while. Even you can see tension with Hariri and KSA. Iran brought us hell and the Lebanese people are paying the price for 1) Iran taking control of the country 2) HA having the majority in Parliament.

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
E6chlkOWQAouxh7

Bandar

Orange Room Supporter
"rich" iraqis don't have 10% of what saudi and emirati and kuwaiti were bringing into the country. a lot of iraqis come to lebanon because we have become shitty enough for them to afford it. the fact that $200 is mentioned as if that is a big number... wow.

dyyyy

It's not stolen :
1- Anyone with common sense who has dollars transfers them abroad (I even do this for a much smaller amount) because who dares to keep dollars in a bank not knowing which they tell him you can't retrieve them

2- A big part of the tourist money is going to the subsidies (The fuel that tourists use cost more than what they pay, same for some foods ... )

3- The money doesn't trickle down, the waiters are still payed the same wages as before so are all employees, so it's just more money to the people who already have a lot of money and won't contribute more to the economy.