The State of the Lebanese Pound [$ @ 27,500]

shadow1

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Sounds like too much trouble for a banknote that is worth less than 50 cents
why not introduce larger bills instead
perhaps 1,000,000; 5,000,000 and 10,000,000

i know @shadow1 would love to see this becoming a reality
Not sure about the 10M LL note. The others will be in circulation within one year IMO economic modelling. Not that it will have much difference to much purchasing power but it will save on printing cost and hence help the environment. What is worrying me the most nowadays is not how the dollar is faring against the lebo lira but the scarcity or rain this year. Do you think we should blame Aoun for precipitation a third of its normal yearly average? he'd love that thinking it's not only the universe who is against him but God too. So much for trying to present himself as the new Messiah.

Aegon

They should probably wait for things to stabilize because in the near future, the 100,000LL can become a contender for the new
1000LL.

especially if the same pile of crap leaders continue to govern the country.

I hope his excellency Aoun is proud of himself. He held out on a government for more than 1 year to get more power in a government that does not even meet. All the while the Lira continued to crash due to the instability and political vacuum. His closest allies are the ones obstructing this government of shame. His ally in the government, through the culture minister *****ed him out in the last session, and ever since then there has been no government sessions. Aoun, Hizballah and allies have brought nothing but crisis after crisis after crisis which has destroyed the confidence in the country which is one of the early on reasons investors began pulling out their cash until the economy crashed into shi.t.

I expect a new tsunami to wipe out the aounists this time around, with only a few left hanging onto debris in the water.

shadow1

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
especially if the same pile of crap leaders continue to govern the country.

I expect a new tsunami to wipe out the aounists this time around, with only a few left hanging onto debris in the water.
If The Christians dont do that allah la yriddon. Let them suffer for eternity.

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
If The Christians dont do that allah la yriddon. Let them suffer for eternity.
The lebanese will fight a rat infestation by releasing thousands of snakes. It works but now you have the snakes to deal with.

shadow1

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
The lebanese will fight a rat infestation by releasing thousands of snakes. It works but now you have the snakes to deal with.
Are you suggesting the lebanese try to find a solution to a problem albeit by creating a worse one? In a society that equates talking about a problem to tackling it one has to study the psychology behind their behaviour. Why will they re-elect the very people that led them to perdition and destroyed their lives as they most certainly will? Take the Shia community for example. It adores the party that turned them into beggars long before begging became the norm for every community. It gave them hollow feeling of pride coupled with misery. It sends their men to death with a promise of a heavenly reward in some fictitious universe so their leader could claim empty glory.

Why aren't people in the street with nothing left for them to lose but the vestiges of dignity some still cling to? Why? Had I been a part of the october 17 carnival I would have established a committee to analyse the minds of the people, their social schizophrenia and duplicities, their total detachment from reality and tried to rectify the problem. Is it their inherent servility like all the Arabs? Is it hopelessness? Of is it what I think the main reason is : their hatred for each other supersedes their love of their own good and why is that so? Fear or just plain evil? I would never know. yet on the surface they look normal.

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
Shia community for example. It adores the party that turned them into beggars long before begging became the norm for every community. It gave them hollow feeling of pride coupled with misery. It send their men to death with a promise of a heavenly reward in some fictitious universe. so their leader could claim empty glory.
A prime example of replacing rats with snakes. And now we have to deal with HA instead of integrating the shiia community in the lebanese decisionsn since day 1. Harboured frustration over years and the idea of no one cares about us here in the south lets do things ourselves. Now the issue is bigger.

Why aren't people in the street with nothing left for them to lose but the vestiges of dignity some still cling to? Why?
They should be but instead they are looking at the snakes and idayoun bi may berde because they have the solution!!! Do not get me wrong the rats are bad but the snakes are as bad if not worse (if you consider the time we will waste...again).

Is it their inherent servility like all the Arabs? Is it hopelessness? Of is it what I think the main reason is : their hatred for each other supersedes their love of their own good and why is that so? Fear or just plain evil? I would never know. yet on the surface they look normal.
Answer is simple ...whoever figured this out gave up and either left or is leaving (with a minority biting their fingers and licking their wounds and unsure what is next as they are stuck). As for the rest they are still playing the "bayye a2wa men bayyak" game and thinking their whole lives will change by the magic trick called the elections when they will succeed in switching 6 seats in the parliament that will have 0 impact as the lebanese parliament is devoid of any substance with the sectarian lords doing as they please.

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member

أصدر مصرف لبنان بياناً، قال فيه: "إلى حين وضـع خطة حكومية متكاملة وشـاملة تتوافق مع المبادئ الإقتصـادية والإصـلاحية ومتطلبات صندوق النقد الدولي بما يسمح بإعادة تفعيل ونمو الإقتصاد المحلي وإصلاح القطاع المالي للتوصل إلى حلول عادلة ومتوازنة تحفظ حقوق المودعين وتشكل أساسا لإعادة الثقة، وبانتظار الخطة الحكومية التي تسمح بتوحيد أسـعار الصرف وحماية للإستقرار الإجتماعي والإقتصـادي والحد من خسائر المودعين، قرر مصـرف لبنان ولمن يرغب من الإستفادة من التعميم رقم 151 ، رفع سعر صرف الدولار الأميركي من / 3900 / ل.ل . إلى /8000 / ل.ل ، على أنه ، وللحدّ من نموّ الكتلة النقدية وتأثيرها على نسبة التضخم، يُحدّد سقف السحوبات الشهرية بحدّ أقصاه / 3000/ د أ. للحساب الواحد".

وأكّد مصـرف لبنان في بيانه، أنّ "إنصـاف المودعين والحفاظ على أموالهم لا يمكن أن يتم إلا من خلال وضـع الخطة المنوه عنها أعلاه وتنفيذها، ويؤكد أيضًـا على ضـرورة ملاقاته من خلال اتخاذ الإجراءات المناسبة والمبادرات الأساسية لدعم الإقتصاد وحمايته من زيادة نسبة التضخم ووضع السياسات الإقتصادية لسحب الكتلة النقدية عن طريق تفعيل الجباية وتوسيع قاعدة الشمول الضرائبي".

33-334.JPG

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member

أبو سليمان: تعميم مصرف لبنان أتى بعد اجتماع سياسي والخوف أن المستفيد منه البنك المركزي والمصارف

الخميس 09 كانون الأول 2021 20:05 سياسة

لفت الخبير الاقتصادي وليد أبو سليمان، تعليقًا على تعميم مصرف لبنان للراغبين بالاستفادة من التعميم رقم 151، ورفع سعر صرف الدولار الأميركي من 3900 ليرة لبنانيّة إلى 8000 ليرة، إلى أن التعميم "أتى بعد اجتماع سياسي، وهو ليس تعميم علمي، وكان قد صرح حاكم مصرف لبنان رياض سلامة بالفم الملآن، أن سعر صرف الدولار سيرتفع"، مشيرًا إلى ان "المواطن ستتآكل قدرته الشرائية، وما نخاف منه اليوم، أن المستفيد الأول من هذا التعميم، هو المصرف المركزي والمصارف".

وأوضح، في حديث تلفزيوني، أن "الكتلة النقدية، إن لم نزيدها، سيكون هناك تقنين"، معتبرًا أن "انصاف المودعين يكون عبر اعطائهم الدولارات من أموالهم، وعند اعطاء المودع بسعر موازي للدولار لما هو عليه، يكون هناك انصاف لهم"، ذاكرًا أنه "حين تكون الوديعة بالدولار، فهو دَين على المصارف، والمصارف هي المستفيد لأنها تخفف من الدَين".

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member

أصدر "مصرف لبنان" بياناً أعلن فيه أنّه "بدعوة من دولة رئيس مجلس الوزراء عقد اجتماع في السراي الحكومي حضره وزير المالية الدكتور يوسف الخليل وحاكم مصرف لبنان الاستاذ رياض سلامة، جرى التداول فيه في السبل العائلة للجم تدهور سعر صرف الليرة اللبنانية، وعلى اثر ذلك اتخذ مصرف لبنان التدابير التالية:

• سيقوم مصرف لبنان بتزويد المصارف العاملة بحصتها النقدية لما تبقى من هذا الشهر بالدولار الأميركي النقدي بدلاً من الليرة اللبنانية، وذلك على سعر صرف منصة صيرفة.
وسوف يطلب مصرف لبنان من المصارف بيع الدولارات المشتراة على سعر صيرفة كاملة الى مختلف عملائها عوضاً عن الليرات اللبنانية التي كانت مرصودة لدفعها بالليرة اللبنانية.

• سوف يقوم مصرف لبنان بتنظيم سداد القروض التجارية بالعملات الاجنبية نقداً بالليرة اللبنانية على السعر المحدد في التعميم 151 أي 8000 ل.ل. حالياً، ما يساعد على خفض الطلب على الدولار ويزيد الطلب على الليرة اللبنانية في الأسواق".

Are you suggesting the lebanese try to find a solution to a problem albeit by creating a worse one? In a society that equates talking about a problem to tackling it one has to study the psychology behind their behaviour. Why will they re-elect the very people that led them to perdition and destroyed their lives as they most certainly will? Take the Shia community for example. It adores the party that turned them into beggars long before begging became the norm for every community. It gave them hollow feeling of pride coupled with misery. It sends their men to death with a promise of a heavenly reward in some fictitious universe so their leader could claim empty glory.

Why aren't people in the street with nothing left for them to lose but the vestiges of dignity some still cling to? Why? Had I been a part of the october 17 carnival I would have established a committee to analyse the minds of the people, their social schizophrenia and duplicities, their total detachment from reality and tried to rectify the problem. Is it their inherent servility like all the Arabs? Is it hopelessness? Of is it what I think the main reason is : their hatred for each other supersedes their love of their own good and why is that so? Fear or just plain evil? I would never know. yet on the surface they look normal.

لو بتخفّفلنا مواضيع انشاء و بتبعت فرش دولار بكون أحسن​

Danny Z

Legendary Member
Just noticed I can send money in whatsapp using NOVI which is also onwed by Meta, if a person in Lebanon receives the transfer, does anybody know if they are able to cash it in USD?