The State of the Lebanese Pound [$ back to 21,000]

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
E_Za8zOXMAAnTKd

flag-waver

إرتفع معدل التضخم السنوي في لبنان، الذي يعاني أزمة إقتصادية حادة، إلى أعلى معدل بين جميع دول العالم، متجاوزاً زيمبابوي وفنزويلا (اعتبرتا طويلا مثالا حيا على الانهيار المالي والتراجع الاقتصادي).

وإرتفع في لبنان مؤشر أسعار المستهلك بنسبة 137.8% عن العام السابق خلال آب، مقارنة بـ123.4% في تموز، بحسب بيانات إدارة الإحصاء المركزية اللبنانية، وهو أعلى معدل للتضخم بين جميع البلدان التي تتعقبها وكالة "بلومبيرغ".

VipModz

Maroun ツ |『マ』
Orange Room Supporter

shadow1

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I doubt the central bank can fix the currency without having all reserves depleted. The best and only way to do it is to float it entirely and let the market decide on the value of the Lira. Fixing the currency is quite a costly endeavour and it's the major reason why the country eventually collapsed. (Will it recover? I doubt it but who knows)

Eventually the market (assuming there is no civil war soon) will find some sort of balance. Overseas remittances from expats, tourism and our meagre exports should be able to offset a much diminished trade deficit. Eventually, some efficient management of the economy will help the lira appreciate without government support and intervention and that is how it ought to be.

I see the idea of fixing the currency as a short sighted trap. It has been tried and failed. In fact in a country so pervasively corrupt it can only offer the wealthy and the politician interchangeably the means to screw people too happy and too willing to be screwed.

P.S. It shouldnt take more than 30 years

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
I doubt the central bank can fix the currency without having all reserves depleted. The best and only way to do it is to float it entirely and let the market decide on the value of the Lira. Fixing the currency is quite a costly endeavour and it's the major reason why the country eventually collapsed. (Will it recover? I doubt it but who knows)

Eventually the market (assuming there is no civil war soon) will find some sort of balance. Overseas remittances from expats, tourism and our meagre exports should be able to offset a much diminished trade deficit. Eventually, some efficient management of the economy will help the lira appreciate without government support and intervention and that is how it ought to be.

I see the idea of fixing the currency as a short sighted trap. It has been tried and failed. In fact in a country so pervasively corrupt it can only offer the wealthy and the politician interchangeably the means to screw people too happy and too willing to be screwed.

P.S. It shouldnt take more than 30 years