The State of the Lebanese Pound [$ below 25,000]

agnostic

Legendary Member
Can you tell us the name of these companies?
And who installed those blood-sucker monopoly companies?
I have no names but let's not playing 7ansane. It is publically notorious that monopoly companies have existed for several decades and that they have been blood sucking the country.

The first monopoly companies are oil companies who lately openly discriminated providing gas to Shia towns. The second are pharmacy products who had no shame to impose a profit margin of 10 times the prices they paid. Many of them were discovered cheating in hiding the medicines they paid with a low rate of USD, after having got a raid by the police and the ministry of health. As far as I remember most of them were in Matn.

agnostic

Legendary Member
2ensa Yemen w Bahrain w rakkez 3a dabdabet ze3ranak...
You have the ministry of Justice. You have the president who is the first magistrate. Yet you did and you keep doing nothing to stop the corruption. You have Alloushe blessings to arrest and hang Berri and his 2azlem for their corruption and stealing of public money.

PS: Wein sar 'l 2ibra2 'l musta7il?

Nonan

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
You have Alloushe blessings to arrest and hang Berri and his 2azlem for their corruption and stealing of public money.
we can’t even arrest Ali F…ing Khalil despite a judiciary mandate against him…

agnostic

Legendary Member
we can’t even arrest Ali F…ing Khalil despite a judiciary mandate against him…
It wasn't an arrest mandate for his corruption but for having received a mail that speaks about the ammonium nitrate, while several judges and army officers has much more responsibilities and got nothing.

Anyway, my post you quoted clearly indicates corruption:
"You have Alloushe blessings to arrest and hang Berri and his 2azlem for their corruption and stealing of public money."

Nonan

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
It wasn't an arrest mandate for his corruption but for having received a mail that speaks about the ammonium nitrate, while several judges and army officers has much more responsibilities and got nothing.

Anyway, my post you quoted clearly indicates corruption:
"You have Alloushe blessings to arrest and hang Berri and his 2azlem for their corruption and stealing of public money."
Ah, ma twakhezna. I don’t even know why I bothered responding to you. You have a narrative in your head and want all this to be a conspiracy somehow while the main culprits are in front of you and you clap for them day in and day out because they are Shiites (along with others from the rest of the communities).
Good luck

agnostic

Legendary Member
Ah, ma twakhezna. I don’t even know why I bothered responding to you. You have a narrative in your head and want all this to be a conspiracy somehow while the main culprits are in front of you and you clap for them day in and day out because they are Shiites (along with others from the rest of the communities).
Good luck
Let's separate the 2 issues:
1. Corruption of the state
2. Investigations on Port explosion

I don't contest your point of view on the first issue. Berri and Ali Hassan Khalil deserve to be hanged.

On the 2nd issue, my pov is that Bitar has the open support and lobbying of the Americans and has done nothing to seek the truth. Ali Hassan Khalil role is minor specially compared to the judges who ordered that the Nitrate to be unloaded in the port and rejected the demands that the Nitrate be taken away from the port, or the Army officers who refused to take away this thicking bomb under the pretext that "they are not interested in these products and that may be Shammas company coulb be interested"

Rockies

Let's separate the 2 issues:
1. Corruption of the state
2. Investigations on Port explosion

I don't contest your point of view on the first issue. Berri and Ali Hassan Khalil deserve to be hanged.

On the 2nd issue, my pov is that Bitar has the open support and lobbying of the Americans and has done nothing to seek the truth. Ali Hassan Khalil role is minor specially compared to the judges who ordered that the Nitrate to be unloaded in the port and rejected the demands that the Nitrate be taken away from the port, or the Army officers who refused to take away this thicking bomb under the pretext that "they are not interested in these products and that may be Shammas company coulb be interested"
Best thing is when u start wrong

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
I heard saret el man2oushe b za3tar b 60.000.
Can someone help me figure out how an average citizen, a family father with no financial backbone in the diaspora, is managing to feed his family, pay rent, medicines, electricity, and transportations?
For how long can army soldiers and policemen sustain the hardships before they go nuts and start own rob'n steal gangs?

Rockies

I heard saret el man2oushe b za3tar b 60.000.
Can someone help me figure out how an average citizen, a family father with no financial backbone in the diaspora, is managing to feed his family, pay rent, medicines, electricity, and transportations?
For how long can army soldiers and policemen sustain the hardships before they go nuts and start own rob'n steal gangs?
Don't think a lot. The system is based on 3tini ta a3tik.

shadow1

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
What's amazing is the fact that the dollar is still at this level in a country where people obsessed with re-electing the same dunces who ran the country aground. Those politicians have been tested and tried for decades and yet they still have the support of the majority of people. It boggles the mind.
Like you can do nothing with a suicide bomber hell bent on blowing himself up, the same goes for the Lebanese people who have chosen collective suicide over changing their leaders.

Think of it, the day after the election, all partisans will claim victory and in the case of FPM it will be a divine victory and for the following few years nothing will be done to tackle the problems for the simple reason that finding solutions is not part of the political narrative in a country when man died and the spirit gutted.

Next year when you look at the dollar at 32K you will say to yourself could it have really been so low.
Short of a bloody revolution on a massive scale nothing will change in Lebanon. The politicians have got the people to their last final dying breath.

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
FIz0vV-WYAUeAxz