The State of the Lebanese Pound

Viral

And they are all still sitting around without any capital control, so they can still siphon whatever is left. What does it take to remove Salameh short of people storming his house, who can fire him?
Ironically, when Bassil asked for an approved and defined capital control law back when the banks started imposing their illegal version of capitol control on the average depositors while the mafias were transferring their looted money offshore even when banks were closed to the public, con-man Berri shot against Bassil and made Bassil look like the evil guy trying co confiscate the peoples deposits and many cheered up to Berri and had no idea that Berri opposed capital control to give himself time to smuggle his own money out of the country.

That say how stupid the people are when they attack their savior and protected their baltagi.

Bassil repeated his request for capital control and forensic audit during his last speech and as you see the dumb masses still didn’t get it instead they kept attacking Bassil's character and parroting what they hear on Jadeed and MTV…

How can you save dumb masses who insist on crucifying their savior and committing suicide...

The_FPMer

Ironically, when Bassil asked for an approved and defined capital control law back when the banks started imposing their illegal version of capitol control on the average depositors while the mafias were transferring their looted money offshore even when banks were closed to the public, con-man Berri shot against Bassil and made Bassil look like the evil guy trying co confiscate the peoples deposits and many cheered up to Berri and had no idea that Berri opposed capital control to give himself time to smuggle his own money out of the country.

That say how stupid the people are when they attack their savior and protected their baltagi.

Bassil repeated his request for capital control and forensic audit during his last speech and as you see the dumb masses still didn’t get it instead they kept attacking Bassil's character and parroting what they hear on Jadeed and MTV…

How can you save dumb masses who insist on crucifying their savior and committing suicide...
I agree here, but many people were voicing support for capital control including Sami Gemayel but did anyone (including Bassil) present a bill and try to pass it? I'm genuinely asking because I don't remember any party doing that. I remember the guy who owns Master who broke off with FPM after the protests repeatedly making tweets and speeches asking for capital control.

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
I agree here, but many people were voicing support for capital control including Sami Gemayel but did anyone (including Bassil) present a bill and try to pass it? I'm genuinely asking because I don't remember any party doing that. I remember the guy who owns Master who broke off with FPM after the protests repeatedly making tweets and speeches asking for capital control.
FPM presented a capital control law to the parliament - bil jaroor ma7toot.

The_FPMer

FPM presented a capital control law to the parliament - bil jaroor ma7toot.
Got a link? So far all I got is this:

And this:

الأولوية لدى التيار العوني هي لكيفية الاستفادة من الوضع الحالي لخفض الفوائد

الوضع مختلف لدى التيار الوطني الحرّ؛ فرغم أنّ مقدّم اقتراح قانون الضوابط على رأس المال ينتمي إلى «تكتل لبنان القوي»، إلا أنّ الحزب لم «يحدّد موقفاً، لا سلبياً ولا إيجابياً، من الكابيتال كونترول». الأولوية في ميرنا الشالوحي لنقطة أخرى، «وهي كيفية الاستفادة من الوضع الحالي لخفض الفوائد إلى الحدود الدنيا»

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
Bro, khalli hayda bi his conspiracy world taba3o, 3ayesh bi kawkab tene.
Wait, what? I didn't read the thread, but Naomi Klein's The Shock Doctrine is absolutely not a conspiracy theory. It's deeply researched and substantiated. I don't think a single book is more applicable to Lebanon's post-war economy.

Wait, what? I didn't read the thread, but Naomi Klein's The Shock Doctrine is absolutely not a conspiracy theory. It's deeply researched and substantiated. I don't think a single book is more applicable to Lebanon's post-war economy.

I wasn't talking about the book.

I was talking about @Viral 's conspiracy world view of American imperialism and foreign interference in Lebanese affairs.

It's America's fault that the lira is 15000 to 1 USD.

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

It's a banner, dude...an advertisement. It's meant to attract Lebanese customers who represent a portion of the clientele. Doesn't mean Lebanon was one of the leading nations in the 60s. What a load of bollocks.

Jordan's currency is stronger than the USD (1 JOD=1.4 USD), yet its GDP per capita is lower than Lebanon's and is one of the poorest countries in the Middle East.

The_FPMer

It's a banner, dude...an advertisement. It's meant to attract Lebanese customers who represent a portion of the clientele. Doesn't mean Lebanon was one of the leading nations in the 60s. What a load of bollocks.

Jordan's currency is stronger than the USD (1 JOD=1.4 USD), yet its GDP per capita is lower than Lebanon's and is one of the poorest countries in the Middle East.
Mesh zabta ma3ak because we had one of the highest GDP growth in the entire Mediterranean.

don't jinx Jordan.

Their official rate is pegged to the USD just as ours.

But Jordan has less political problems than us and don't get into unnecessary conflicts with their neighbors.

Picasso

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Just simple questions, what is he still doing in Baabda? and do people eat rockets or bread?

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Just simple questions, what is he still doing in Baabda? and do people eat rockets or bread?

Will any other president be able to stand up to Hariri or the Shiite duo?
How will Aoun's departure improve things?

Venom

Legendary Member
The sky is the limit for the devaluation of the lira till it reaches its real value for a country that doesn’t have a solid economy.

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
The sky is the limit for the devaluation of the lira till it reaches its real value for a country that doesn’t have a solid economy.

Wanna bet on a number? Yalleh byekhsar byedfa3 lal teneh $100 el at the given rate.

Bandar

Orange Room Supporter
i think $1 to LL100,000 soon.

i hope the farms and natural water sources in this country will be enough. i think imports will completely shut soon.