The theories of the Universe

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Nope once again! You are focused on the theory part of scientific theory! The gravitational waves observation actually confirmed einstein's theory of general relativity albeit cast doubt with the echos on how efficient it is at describing the event horizon of a blackhole! That doesn't mean his theory is a work in progress or open to change and revision, it just means it is incomplete... Just like Newton's laws broke down and were incomplete but are still true on earth!

People who cast doubts on scientific theories without understanding the definition of the word theory when it comes to science and argue as you did that the big bang model is somehow false or that global warming is not influenced by humans without having observation or evidence backing up their claims and insisting on being correct despite being proven wrong repeatedly are on the other hand at least slightly dumb! What would you call someone who insists on being right despite all evidence and logic?
Honestly, the creation story in the Bible sounds more rational than the Big Bang theory.

• Advertisement
  • Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Honestly, the creation story in the Bible sounds more rational than the Big Bang theory.
    To you, someone who - by his own admission - does not have sufficient scientific knowledge to go into such debates, sure!

Care to cast doubts on the theory of evolution next? Walla you just have issues with physics ?

NiceV

NiceV

To you, someone who - by his own admission - does not have sufficient scientific knowledge to go into such debates, sure!

Care to cast doubts on the theory of evolution next? Walla you just have issues with physics ?
    The Big Bang show the limitations of science
    Evolution theory is mostly rabish
    Until today
    The link between ? and human is missing
    Religious interpretations of the Big Bang theory - Wikipedia
    Modern Physics can’t explain the creation of the Universe
    So only Jesus can do it
    The link between Apes and human is missing
    So evolution theory mostly rubish

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    The link between Apes and human is missing
    So evolution theory mostly rubish
    At the November 22, 1951, opening meeting of the Pontifical Academy of Sciences, Pope Pius XII declared that the Big Bang theory does not conflict with the Catholic concept of creation.[28][29] Some Conservative ProtestantChristian denominations have also welcomed the Big Bang theory as supporting a historical interpretation of the doctrine of creation;[30]however, adherents of Young Earth creationism, who advocate a very literal interpretation of the Book of Genesis, reject the theory.

Read your own Wikipedia link -.-!

Catholic schools everywhere on the planet teach the theory of evolution and the big bang theory as part of their program... It's commonly held as truth in the Vatican!

But then again you seem to worship trump more than you do god or value being a Catholic lol! So I don't think the catholic church's teachings on the subject of evolution, the big bang theory or climate change matter much to you! Hey you even said yourself that the pope is wrong on climate change just to keep supporting trump! So is the catholic church also wrong on their position regarding the big bang theory or evolution?

You just want to keep writing your nonsense in peace, have at it, but stop quoting me! I

NiceV

NiceV

At the November 22, 1951, opening meeting of the Pontifical Academy of Sciences, Pope Pius XII declared that the Big Bang theory does not conflict with the Catholic concept of creation.[28][29] Some Conservative ProtestantChristian denominations have also welcomed the Big Bang theory as supporting a historical interpretation of the doctrine of creation;[30]however, adherents of Young Earth creationism, who advocate a very literal interpretation of the Book of Genesis, reject the theory.

Read your own Wikipedia link -.-!

Catholic schools everywhere on the planet teach the theory of evolution and the big bang theory as part of their program... It's commonly held as truth in the Vatican!

But then again you seem to worship trump more than you do god or value being a Catholic lol! So I don't think the catholic church's teachings on the subject of evolution, the big bang theory or climate change matter much to you! Hey you even said yourself that the pope is wrong on climate change just to keep supporting trump! So is the catholic church also wrong on their position regarding the big bang theory or evolution?

You just want to keep writing your nonsense in peace, have at it, but stop quoting me! I
    Religious find the Big Bang as supporting religions I agree with that
    Second about evolution I accept some of it I already said it
    But not the parties involving human coming from apes
    There is no link between apes and homosapiens

AtheistForYeezus

AtheistForYeezus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter

Do you know how many scientific theories were once accepted, only to be debunked later?

Evolution is a well-supported theory, and one I tend to believe in, but it's not without its discrepancies. What if scientists discover new findings that challenge everything we know about evolution?

It's not a settled science like the "earth orbits the sun".

And technically speaking, @LVV is right. We haven't found the missing link between humans and apes.
    Check out the article below.
    20170517-we-have-still-not-found-the-missing-link-between-us-and-apes

Maybe you don't think BBC is credible enough?
    Are you a biology expert too? :rolleyes:

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Religious find the Big Bang as supporting religions I agree with that
    Second about evolution I accept some of it I already said it
    But not the parties involving human coming from apes
    There is no link between apes and homosapiens
    Chu salad bar m3allim?

Either you take a theiry for what it is and accept how it works or you try to disprove it with some counter findings.

Mwasaw el karaz kholis :)

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    So we agree that a scientific theory by nature is not settled. It's a work in progress, open to change and revision.
    Hence, people who cast doubts on some scientific theories aren't necessarily dumb.
    Thank you for proving my point :)
    Do you know how many scientific theories were once accepted, only to be debunked later?

Evolution is a well-supported theory, and one I tend to believe in, but it's not without its discrepancies. What if scientists discover new findings that challenge everything we know about evolution?

And technically speaking, @LVV is right. We haven't found the missing link between humans and apes.

Thats the beauty about scientific theory dude, it adapts and evolves as new findings are made. Its not a bloc of ice stuck in a two state eternal war.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter

In order to be debunked, a scientific theory has to conflict with empirical evidence, until that point it is held true! The big bang theory is true for now, it's a settled debate! So is evolution actually! If new findings are made to complete both theories then they will be expanded upon however all indications point to the fact that they are both true!

You think "the missing link" debate proves human beings and apes don't have a common ancestor somewhere in the distant past when every single biologist, more precisely geneticist, thinks so? Because technically speaking lvv said "the link between human and ape is missing so evolution theory mostly rubbish" do you think your linked article proves him right? Ye3ne are you starting to read the articles you link at least Walla still skim through them?

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    So we agree that a scientific theory by nature is not settled. It's a work in progress, open to change and revision.
    Hence, people who cast doubts on some scientific theories aren't necessarily dumb.
    Thank you for proving my point :)
    Casting doubt on scientific theories is not the problem.
    Scientists do it all the time.

What you are presenting can best be described as crackpottery and scientific denial. Do not confuse skepticism with denial.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    That's not what anyone claimed ms strawman and no one denied Lemaitre's contribution to the big bang theory!

As for global warming please take it up with the pope!
    Neither the universe nor my posts revolve around you.

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Chu salad bar m3allim?

Either you take a theiry for what it is and accept how it works or you try to disprove it with some counter findings.

Mwasaw el karaz kholis :)
    Thats the beauty about scientific theory dude, it adapts and evolves as new findings are made. Its not a bloc of ice stuck in a two state eternal war.
    Contradiction much? :p

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Neither the universe nor my posts revolve around you.
    Aww you must be so proud of this silly little jab of yours, too bad my point stands ms strawman!

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Contradiction much? :p
    Not at all, i take a scientific theory as is untill new evidence comes up and disproved/upgrades parts of it, but i dont cherry pick the oarts that suit me and forgo the rest

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Not at all, i take a scientific theory as is untill new evidence comes up and disproved/upgrades parts of it, but i dont cherry pick the oarts that suit me and forgo the rest
    If you acknowledge that parts of a scientific theory can be disproved, then there is nothing wrong with LVV finding parts of evolution theory more credible than others. Especially if the less credible parts have missing links.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Yea cool article i read a similar study too, here’s how i see it, from everything i watched/read around the subject:
    - most of the stories of the OT are geologically and historically traceable, and noah’s flood is dated to around 8000 years BC when the great canada/Greenland ice lake burst and destroyed many low lands based civilizations.
    Massive Canadian melt may have triggered flood of biblical proportions
    PS: not the link i was looking for but it gives u an idea.

- the study in ur article points more to a lack of diversity in our genome than a single binary source of human dna. But let me ask you anotjer question, if we follow the genesis theory of creation, do you think that our species would hav survived and thrived through vast amounts of really close in-breeding?