The truth about Noise - Beirut Municipality deal

Jo

Jo

Administrator
Master Penguin
I don't usually write this kind of articles but this issue is directly related to me and my business so here it is.

In the last few days stories emerged about Noise signing a contract worth 246M USD with Beirut Municipality. Rumors claimed that the company was owned by Mireille Hachem, others said Chantale and others Claudine Aoun. Basically, daughters of President Michel Aoun.

Here are a few facts:
  1. Noise founder and general manager is Georges Najm who is also a co-founder of Clementine (Founded by Claudine Aoun)
  2. Noise bid for the Beirut Municipality account last year (not this year) amongst fierce competition from national and international companies.
  3. Noise won the bid - The amount was 246,000 USD and not 246,000,000 USD which is a ridiculous amount, to say the least.
  4. Services and fees included Communication, advertising, marketing and event management - So just to say this again, the fees included the advertising and marketing fees for 1 year.
  5. The closest company in the bid presented a 600,000 USD contract - So effectively, Noise presented an offer 354,000 USD less than its competitors.
  6. The whole fiasco this year is being made on the contract renewal - (برضا الطرفين)
It's so sad to see an issue like this getting so much media attention, while efforts should be concentrated on many other places. However, stories like always should remind us of the many fronts we are fighting on and the amount of corruption there is.

Joe

Attachments

• Advertisement
  • Skunk

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    How does this issue relate to you and your business? :)

Also, i don’t really see the issue from your perspective
    This is merely another anti FPM Propaganda campaign.

Do we have the list of companies that participated in the bid ?
    How many Lebanese companies were there ?

Libnene Qu7

Libnene Qu7

Super Ultra Senior Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Come on Jo, what's a few zeroes between us?

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I don't usually write this kind of articles but this issue is directly related to me and my business so here it is.

In the last few days stories emerged about Noise signing a contract worth 246M USD with Beirut Municipality. Rumors claimed that the company was owned by Mireille Hachem, others said Chantale and others Claudine Aoun. Basically, daughters of President Michel Aoun.

Here are a few facts:
    1. Noise founder and general manager is Georges Najm who is also a co-founder of Clementine (Founded by Claudine Aoun)
    2. Noise bid for the Beirut Municipality account last year (not this year) amongst fierce competition from national and international companies.
    3. Noise won the bid - The amount was 246,000 USD and not 246,000,000 USD which is a ridiculous amount, to say the least.
    4. Services and fees included Communication, advertising, marketing and event management - So just to say this again, the fees included the advertising and marketing fees for 1 year.
    5. The closest company in the bid presented a 600,000 USD contract - So effectively, Noise presented an offer 354,000 USD less than its competitors.
    6. The whole fiasco this year is being made on the contract renewal - (برضا الطرفين)
    It's so sad to see an issue like this getting so much media attention, while efforts should be concentrated on many other places. However, stories like always should remind us of the many fronts we are fighting on and the amount of corruption there is.

Joe
    I don't have any idea about the story you are telling.
    But in a country full of corruption, everything is suspicious especially when the family of the ruler(s) are involved.
    I am not saying it is in this case, but since there is no real control in Lebanon I won't be surprised if it is.
    There are plenty of ways to say that the company won because of its low bid, while making money in other ways...
    The main issue is that there is no trust to say this is real or not

eLad

eLad

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Daaaamn i really hoped the noise company belonged to mireille and the contract was 246m

Double disappointment 😢

Nasser

Nasser

Staff member
    1. How is this related to your business?
    2. What is the project about?
    3. If Noise founder is co-founder of Clementine, means he is in good relation with PMA's family or at least have good connections with them... so it is normal that suspicions are raised.
    4. There are many loopholes that can be found in the contract, it is huge different between 246k USD and the nearest bid of 600k USD... I can only think of possible loopholes in the contract that Noise would eventually exploit and conduct "variance orders" to make up for this much difference. But then again, we don't know the contract specifications, so its just speculations.

Even after your article here, there are too much ambiguity regarding this. I understood nothing actually :D

Last edited:
    HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    meanwhile the same people making the fake noise
    have a look what they turned the main ministry into
    last year, those same mouyawemeen were raising chicken in the ministry of power

1549964423617.png

TayyarBeino

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member

Here are a few facts:

Joe
    I read the artice in the al-alkhbar this morning: The LF 3am bi hartiko...

«إعلام» بلدية بيروت يكلّف ربع مليون دولار... بالتراضي!

superduper703

superduper703

Whether the contract is fair or not is not the issue. The issue is the apparent conflict of interest. Since Noise is owned by Mireille's partner, they should have been immediately disqualified (doesn't matter if they're competent or not).

But having intimate knowledge of Clementine through an ex-employee of the company, I can say unequivocally that there's corruption involved.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Staff member
    Whether the contract is fair or not is not the issue. The issue is the apparent conflict of interest. Since Noise is owned by Mireille's partner, they should have been immediately disqualified (doesn't matter if they're competent or not).

But having intimate knowledge of Clementine through an ex-employee of the company, I can say unequivocally that there's corruption involved.
    So what u’re saying is, if one knows someone in government/public administration closely, they are automatically disqualified from bidding on any public project?

superduper703

superduper703

So what u’re saying is, if one knows someone in government/public administration closely, they are automatically disqualified from bidding on any public project?
    Not necessarily, but the president's daughter is a big disqualifier. Noise should not have even been allowed to bid, let alone win the contract with no bidding process.

Jo

Jo

Administrator
    Master Penguin
    Mireille has nothing to do with Noise.

superduper703

superduper703

Mireille has nothing to do with Noise.
    I understand but the guy is her partner. There is a big conflict of interest, especially with no bidding process.

Lebanese Pride

Lebanese Pride

Orange Room Supporter
    Can we see a list of the companies that bid for the companies that bid for the contract? The entire 350K cheaper bid seems fishy to me, other bidders seem to be unreasonably high.

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member

Here are a few facts:

Joe
    on number 6:
    The contract should go back again to a bidding process once it concludes, instead of "beltaradi" renewal. Right?
    No need for all the noise, no pun intended :)

Another question for you. Did Noise conduct all the work directly last year or subcontracted some of it to Tangerine? If so was Tangerine listed in the original bid or added later? If you want to determine if there was a connection, you have to look into a few more layers of details. Another question would be, who are the other investors in Noise?

one final note on "beltaradi" :) they are going against SHN's wishes, HA MPs should question this lol

Last edited: