• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

The US Abuse of Lebanon's Financial Institutions

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Where is this champion of yours, who looks like a hungry teddy bear, when the US government and Treasury are literally using their middle finger to violate our banking institutions? Where is the independence of our financial institutions and our banks? Where is our sovereignty? He wouldn't care because he wants money by all means and wants to protect his fortune in banks and swallow more money.

There is a segment of Lebanese whose existence was and is under threat and they stood up to successfully defend themselves thanks to Iran, at a period the state neglected them. Lebanon is intact today thanks to Iran. Not thanks to the US or the UN. The US is complicit in all the crimes Israehell commits in the Middle East. Let us don't fool ourselves that the US and Israehell are mutually exclusive. They are not. They are one. Israehell is an American state in the heart of the ME. It is their colonial project.

The hungry bear doesn't care about others or their existence and survival. All the stances and policies the US is taking in Lebanon have to do with supporting Israehell to violate our sovereignty and continue to pose a threat to our lives and properties. We also have a right to self defense. Neither sanctions nor any financial threats will make Lebanon, and in particular the Lebanese facing Zionist threats, to surrender or bend over even a millimeter.

Mr Hungry Bear should advise his American friends to recognize the right of Lebanese to self defense. He should ask America to respect Lebanon's sovereignty and stop abusing our financial institutions and our central bank. It is so shameful and disheartening that many Lebanese find nothing wrong with such humiliation coming from the Americans. Our country is being humiliated through American interference in our financial institutions. And this interference is not going to give the US the expected results. Quite to the contrary, it is only presenting the US govt as a rapist of Lebanese sovereignty and independence. The Americans are harming their country and harming its stooges in the process. Those that America thinks it is harming can bring the American influence, presence and interference to a complete halt in Lebanon, if they wish to and if they choose to escalate tensions and damn the consequences. The Lebanese are not powerless at all. So America is not winning any battle in Lebanon. It is only wasting its time. The sooner the Americans accept Lebanon's right to defend its sovereignty, the right of Lebanese to be independent and accept mutual relations based on respect, the better for all of us.

If I may add, Saad Hariri declared after returning to Lebanon from the US that he wants the truce between Lebanon and Israehell to become a permanent ceasefire. What was the response from Israehell? What was the response from the US? Obviously, they either did not take Hariri serious or they are not interested in any permanent ceasefire because Israehell doesn't want peace with us and Israehell still has ambitions to take over our country and what belongs to our country. This is the sad reality we are facing as Lebanese collectively. Our country is being abused, humiliated and taken advantage of by a pro Zionist American govt and some Lebanese are clapping or completely blind to the reality. Can our PM or president stop the American violations of our financial institutions?

!Aoune32

When you support a foreign policy outside Lebanon consensus
You can’t ask us for solidarity

Let them use something else than the $
ahsan man. One bank is nearly broke and probably the central bank will buy it or bail it out. They could not bail it out the same as they did with Intra.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
When you support a foreign policy outside Lebanon consensus
You can’t ask us for solidarity

No one wants your support. Khallek inta bi amerka []. You're not only standing against your country, you're also supporting a foreign power to abuse your country. The state appears weak and vulnerable in the face of such abuse by a foreign power. And you want to convince others to drop down their weapons and lower their guard and depend on the very vulnerable state that can be violated, stripped naked and raped by a foreign power. You're a joker.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rafidi

Legendary Member
The US is not imposing sanctions on Lebanon. It's imposing sanctions on Hizbullah, in order to free Lebanon from the grip of Iran.
Jammal Trust Bank has only got itself to blame, if it's financing a terrorist organization.

"If"? So you're not sure. JTB is only being used as a scapegoat to intimidate other banks.

Thawra # Furoshima

No one wants your support. Khallek inta bi amerka []. You're not only standing against your country, you're also supporting a foreign power to abuse your country. The state appears weak and vulnerable in the face of such abuse by a foreign power. And you want to convince others to drop down their weapons and lower their guard and depend on the very vulnerable state that can be violated, stripped naked and raped by a foreign power. You're a joker.
"If"? So you're not sure. JTB is only being used as a scapegoat to intimidate other banks.
Look Corrie I m in Lebanon ??
Ok
And I have 70 Christians banks
You still have 3 Shia banks
Don’t be stupid to lose them
Already 2 are on the watching list
Nobody could save them here no bank in the world can operate outside us sanctions
So you are not the country
You are a minority in the country Sunni Christianity and Druze have their representation
You are armed that’s the difference
You tied yourself to Iran assume alone the consequences
Trying to resist will only sink the country with you and sink you more economically
That the truth Corrie girl ?
It is biting I told you before the operation
Yesterday your guy was arrested in Ethiopia
You are cut financially from Shia in Africa
You can’t win against America in economy
Iran economy is collapsing
China economy is collapsing

Last edited by a moderator:

!Aoune32

Ok
Nobody could save them here no bank in the world can operate outside us sanctions
You are a minority in the country Sunni Christianity and Druze have their representation
Trying to resist will only sink the country with you and sink you more economically

Man they are 80% of the population in Lebanon, walaw!
For him everyone is outside Lebanon 2ella houwe. yel3an ekhet hal zaman li wselnelo!

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Ok

You're talking to me as if decision making is in my hands. :lol:

I am only telling you that your posts don't make sense.

!Aoune32

علمت «الأخبار» أن الهيئة المصرفية العليا ستجتمع اليوم برئاسة حاكم مصرف لبنان رياض سلامة، لبحث مصير «جمّال ترست بنك»، بعد فرض عقوبات أميركية عليه. وبحسب مصادر معنية، فإن الحلول المقترحة إما مخالفة للقانون، أو أنها في غير مصلحة البنك، وأبرزها:

أن يُدمَج بمصرف آخر، أو أن يشتريه مصرف لبنان بواسطة «بنك التمويل». ودون ذلك موافقة وزارة الخزانة الأميركية، مع ما يعنيه انتظار «إذنها» من تنازل إضافي عن السيادة اللبنانية.

أن يصفّي البنك نفسه، ما يعني حكماً خسارة مالكيه لرأس المال.

أن يُحال المصرف على محكمة الإفلاس، رغم عدم توافر شروط الإفلاس في حالته.

الاخبار

!Aoune32

The Jammal bank is gone. I suggest the central bank does not bail it out or it will face sanctions and aslan it won't be merged with any bank. The banks will be to scared to go close to it. LOL

Thawra # Furoshima

Not in your hand and not mine
I was simply responding to your complaints
Nobody could help you here
If the country and the state stood with you ; and this is possible or not
The whole country will sink
Let’s say FPM and the President support you here
They will be put under sanctions
Also banks
So no escape for anyone
We stood with you we are dead economically
My post simply state facts about economic powers of Christians banks ?
And the consequences of standing with you

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Not in your hand and not mine
I was simply responding to your complaints
Nobody could help you here
If the country and the state stood with you ; and this is possible or not
The whole country will sink
Let’s say FPM and the President support you here
They will be put under sanctions
Also banks
So no escape for anyone
We stood with you we are dead economically
My post simply state facts about economic powers of Christians banks ?
And the consequences of standing with you

Sanctions won't work with Lebanon. It will hurt everyone, including your likes who are of the view that we should surrender our country. And the sanctions are targeted at a group that war couldn't defeat. And you think sanctions will defeat them?

Thawra # Furoshima

Sanctions won't work with Lebanon. It will hurt everyone, including your likes who are of the view that we should surrender our country. And the sanctions are targeted at a group that war couldn't defeat. And you think sanctions will defeat them?
You are not reading me Corrie Girl ?
Believe it or not I m not happy you are sanctioned,
The whole country is affected
I only wish you enter a state project for us all
Here I’m telling you , it is beyond anybody in Lebanon to help you ; even if you destroy the country sanctions will remain;
So I hope no US /Iran war;
A Lebanese project here
Other than that we are spectators

Thawra # Furoshima

Read this
Berry was crying ? and begging in your name
400 Shia family in the streets plus sanctions
كما أن فرض عقوبات أميركية على "جمال ترست بنك" حضر بامتياز في لقاءات الرؤساء الثلاثة مع شينكر الذي رد على تساؤلاتهم بعودته إلى ما ورد في اللائحة التي أعدتها وزارة الخزانة الأميركية لجهة أن لدى هذا المصرف حسابات مالية لمؤسسات تابعة لحزب الله.

وكانت لرئيس البرلمان مداخلة انطلق فيها من أن البرلمان اللبناني قام بتعديل بعض القوانين الخاصة بمكافحة تبييض الأموال وقد لقيت ارتياحاً دولياً لأنها جاءت مطابقة للمعايير الدولية. واستغرب الرئيس بري - كما نُقل عنه - هذا الحجم من الضغط على الاقتصاد اللبناني والذي لا يستطيع الاقتصاد ولا القطاع المصرفي أن يتحمّله، ورأى أن فرض العقوبات على "جمال ترست بنك" ألحق الضرر بـ400 عائلة، فهل ندير ظهرنا لهؤلاء في ظل الوضع الذي نحن فيه؟

Rafidi

Legendary Member
You are not reading me Corrie Girl ?
Believe it or not I m not happy you are sanctioned,
The whole country is affected
I only wish you enter a state project for us all
Here I’m telling you , it is beyond anybody in Lebanon to help you ; even if you destroy the country sanctions will remain;
So I hope no US /Iran war;
A Lebanese project here
Other than that we are spectators

2ol please.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
I m not crying
You are complaining from Nasro yesterday to you today

We are complaining because we are the victims of oppression, and not the perpetrators. As for you and your likes, you want us to remain oppressed and not even to have the chance to defend our country and its people. You want our destruction and surrender. It isn't going to happen for as long as the enemy is unrelenting.