• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

The US Abuse of Lebanon's Financial Institutions

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
جمال تراست بنك: اضطررنا الى التصفية الذاتية على ضوء قرار الخزانة الأميركية
الخمي

allah ma3koun next!!

You're happy? You know America wants us to suck Israeli balls?

!Aoune32

You're happy? You know America wants us to suck Israeli balls?

if the banks in Lebanon just due to sanctions from the US just close heike then allah ma3oun chou badna fiyoun?? fe chi 3anjad ghalat. they liquidated in like a month. no one can bear the consequences of the US sanctions it seems in any country not only in Lebanon. maba3ref to me something doesnt look right. these sanctions, israeli agents, bank closed, the economy in Lebanon. we can even see the israeli elections. as u said i think israel with the help of the US are itching for a war.

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
if the banks in Lebanon just due to sanctions from the US just close heike then allah ma3oun chou badna fiyoun?? fe chi 3anjad ghalat. they liquidated in like a month. no one can bear the consequences of the US sanctions it seems in any country not only in Lebanon. maba3ref to me something doesnt look right. these sanctions, israeli agents, bank closed, the economy in Lebanon. we can even see the israeli elections. as u said i think israel with the help of the US are itching for a war.

If the US has its way, they would make us buy oil and gas from Israel.

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
النشرة: القاضي الفيدرالي الاميركي يعلن براءة البنك اللبناني الكندي من اتهامات بتمويل حزب الله
السبت ٢١ أيلول ٢٠١٩ 17:35سياسة

علمت النشرة أن المحكمة الفيدرالية الأميركية قد أعلنت براءة المصرف اللبناني الكندي من اتهامات وُجهت اليه من قبل أشخاص من ضمنهم أميركية اصيبت عام 2006 في حرب تموز جراء سقوط صواريخ من حزب الله على اسرائيل، وتتضمن اتهامات للمصرف بتسهيل حصول حزب الله على الأموال.
وكان المصرف اللبناني الكندي قد صفى موجوداته وبيعت لمصرف سوسيتيه جنرال عام 2011، بسبب ادّعاء وزارة الخزانة الأميركية عليه بتهمة تبييض أموال حزب الله.

Phoenicianfairy

No one wants your support. Khallek inta bi amerka []. You're not only standing against your country, you're also supporting a foreign power to abuse your country. The state appears weak and vulnerable in the face of such abuse by a foreign power. And you want to convince others to drop down their weapons and lower their guard and depend on the very vulnerable state that can be violated, stripped naked and raped by a foreign power. You're a joker.
Your profile picture is literally a puppet to iran and you talking about “abuse by foreigner power”? Hypocrisy. The state appears weak and weak because of an iranian militia ruling this country.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Your profile picture is literally a puppet to iran and you talking about “abuse by foreigner power”? Hypocrisy. The state appears weak and weak because of an iranian militia ruling this country.

You lie. You are against our existence as a country. The problem is not an Iranian backed group in Lebanon. The problem is apartheid Israehell and it's thirst to annex and occupy lands that dont belong to it. For as long as that thirst is not checked by the US and guaranties are not given or made, the US has no excuse to complain about Hezballah. In fact Hezballah is a necessity that we cannot do without as a country. That is the necessity the President understands fully well to have signed an MoU with Hezballah. A country like the US that always speaks about the "right to self defense" for the bully has no right to tell us we should not have good relations with Iran. That is blackmail and we reject it. We won't submit to US blackmail, financial terrorism and intimidation as a country. The government can continue acting disabled and the "good guy" toward the US as diplomacy and circumstances would dictate. We dont tell the US what weapons it is supposed to supply to its apartheid colony of imported people in Palestine. The US has no business trying to intimidate us into stripping off our defenses to please the monstrous bully down south. We thank Iran for preserving our country. If you dont like the sound of that gratitude, you can feel free to literally commit suicide.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
النشرة: القاضي الفيدرالي الاميركي يعلن براءة البنك اللبناني الكندي من اتهامات بتمويل حزب الله
السبت ٢١ أيلول ٢٠١٩ 17:35
سياسة

علمت النشرة أن المحكمة الفيدرالية الأميركية قد أعلنت براءة المصرف اللبناني الكندي من اتهامات وُجهت اليه من قبل أشخاص من ضمنهم أميركية اصيبت عام 2006 في حرب تموز جراء سقوط صواريخ من حزب الله على اسرائيل، وتتضمن اتهامات للمصرف بتسهيل حصول حزب الله على الأموال.
وكان المصرف اللبناني الكندي قد صفى موجوداته وبيعت لمصرف سوسيتيه جنرال عام 2011، بسبب ادّعاء وزارة الخزانة الأميركية عليه بتهمة تبييض أموال حزب الله.

@Phoenicianfairy I hope you can read Arabic and understand the above. A bank sent into nonexistence based on unsubstantiated suspicion of supporting Hezballah. I hope that bank will sue the US government in international courts and milk them to the last penny. And it is the duty of our handicapped government to stand by the Lebanese Canadian Bank. If we are going to continue to accept the US abuse of our financial institutions, then the US officials will continue acting on impulse and destroy our economy based on suspicion and rumors, that would later prove to be baseless like the above example.

Phoenicianfairy

You lie. You are against our existence as a country. The problem is not an Iranian backed group in Lebanon. The problem is apartheid Israehell and it's thirst to annex and occupy lands that dont belong to it. For as long as that thirst is not checked by the US and guaranties are not given or made, the US has no excuse to complain about Hezballah. In fact Hezballah is a necessity that we cannot do without as a country. That is the necessity the President understands fully well to have signed an MoU with Hezballah. A country like the US that always speaks about the "right to self defense" for the bully has no right to tell us we should not have good relations with Iran. That is blackmail and we reject it. We won't submit to US blackmail, financial terrorism and intimidation as a country. The government can continue acting disabled and the "good guy" toward the US as diplomacy and circumstances would dictate. We dont tell the US what weapons it is supposed to supply to its apartheid colony of imported people in Palestine. The US has no business trying to intimidate us into stripping off our defenses to please the monstrous bully down south. We thank Iran for preserving our country. If you dont like the sound of that gratitude, you can feel free to literally commit suicide.
Wow the level of entitlement! Who are you to tell me i am against the existence of my country??? I care about my dignity and sovereignty unlike u. YOU support an iranian militia operating in Lebanon and controlling our country. Hassan nasrallah in all of his speeches reminds us that he is a good puppet and that he works for iran and khameinei. Even in iran, watch their news and listen to their politicians they literally talk about a big islamic state including lebanona nd other countries. Rhey literally say that iran is not just iran iran is south of lebanon, iran is hebzollah. We are literally occupied and people like u will be remembered as the trash of historY. Just like those who sided with any other occupation. Traitors.
How stupid you have to be to not see their propaganda. They make you focus on one enemy while they are also the enemy.
Thy claim to be anti imperialism but they are imperialist too .
Dont be stupid enough to believe lebanons interests come before irans for hezbollah lol
He would pass his arms to weapons to the army but noo
If u dare to tell him that he will show his true terror face like in 2008
We cant have a country with people like u who have no knowledge of how a state should be
A state should have the rule of law/sovereignty
Not an iranian militia countroling it and breaking half of the laws in our constitution and destroying our international relations.
(After destroying our economy, along with his allies)
Iran is not spending 800m$ on hezbollah for no reason.Try to use ur mind once instead of repeating propaganda
People like u lack critical thinking.
I hope all the hezbollah supporters get banned from the free world. Study/travel to iran not the west, stick to ur hezbollah values u hypocrites?.
Justice will prevail enjoy this short time of corrupted power.
Good bye i dont spend too much time debating hezbollah sheeps like u.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Wow the level of entitlement! Who are you to tell me i am against the existence of my country??? I care about my dignity and sovereignty unlike u. YOU support an iranian militia operating in Lebanon and controlling our country. Hassan nasrallah in all of his speeches reminds us that he is a good puppet and that he works for iran and khameinei.

Your hypocrisy stinks. Our state cannot protect us. Our state refused to send its army to the South because it didn't want to defend its sovereign territory from a strong enemy. When the people did, you want them to strip naked again and hand over what they use to defend themselves. You, therefore, like many others do not understand that Lebanon doesn't behind and end at your doorstep. You wouldn't mind a Lebanon without a big portion of its land. If I meet in real life and you make such statement, I'd consider you moronic and not worthy to be in your presence.

Even in iran, watch their news and listen to their politicians they literally talk about a big islamic state including lebanona nd other countries.

Please let them talk. There is freedom of speech. That is the least of my worries because Iran has sent no warship to our port; you know who did last week. Imagine if it was an Iranian ship that landed at our port. Half of the government might have resigned and the US would have been sad and consider sanctions. But the US docked a warship, even though for show, and no one is worried Lebanon is increasingly looking like Puerto Rico. The US is fingering our banks and many are not worried. You have no sense of sovereignty or dignity. To you and your likes in government, you are ready to bow to the highest bidder. If the Persians are a world power, you will equally bow and let them dock their warship. You are complaining about Iran because you're scared of the US. Not because Iran has harmed you, used you or threatened your country anymore than the US has or can. You bow to the highest bidder to protect your wealth. Its a shame that the shamelessl preach!

Rhey literally say that iran is not just iran iran is south of lebanon, iran is hebzollah. We are literally occupied and people like u will be remembered as the trash of historY. Just like those who sided with any other occupation. Traitors.
How stupid you have to be to not see their propaganda. They make you focus on one enemy while they are also the enemy.
Thy claim to be anti imperialism but they are imperialist too .
Dont be stupid enough to believe lebanons interests come before irans for hezbollah lol
He would pass his arms to weapons to the army but noo
If u dare to tell him that he will show his true terror face like in 2008
We cant have a country with people like u who have no knowledge of how a state should be
A state should have the rule of law/sovereignty
Not an iranian militia countroling it and breaking half of the laws in our constitution and destroying our international relations.
(After destroying our economy, along with his allies)
Iran is not spending 800m$ on hezbollah for no reason.Try to use ur mind once instead of repeating propaganda
People like u lack critical thinking.
I hope all the hezbollah supporters get banned from the free world. Study/travel to iran not the west, stick to ur hezbollah values u hypocrites?.
Justice will prevail enjoy this short time of corrupted power.
Good bye i dont spend too much time debating hezbollah sheeps like u.

I wouldn't mind making Iran a part of Lebanon? How about that? We succeeded in proselytizing and giving them Shia Islam. Iran owes us. So be less worried about what you "think" and be concerned about the reality. You can't have a country with people like me...well, that is a great sense of entitlement because this country doesn't belong to you alone. We are more in the position to tell your treachery @$$holes, we can't have a country with traitors. But we have a high sense of tolerance. You may really have to go hard and choose all out confrontation to make the country only yours and then stand the chance of losing it all. Ask Saad. He tried it for years and he is now a reformed good guy. He has given up and his Saudi masters are not happy with him.

Gyounis

Your hypocrisy stinks. Our state cannot protect us. Our state refused to send its army to the South because it didn't want to defend its sovereign territory from a strong enemy. When the people did, you want them to strip naked again and hand over what they use to defend themselves. You, therefore, like many others do not understand that Lebanon doesn't behind and end at your doorstep. You wouldn't mind a Lebanon without a big portion of its land. If I meet in real life and you make such statement, I'd consider you moronic and not worthy to be in your presence.
This is no longer simple protection. Not many would argue about the resistance when Israel was occupying the south, but it seems that Iran used a righteous cause to plant its seeds and now its roots are sinking deeper and deeper into the Shiite population. Come on man, Iran, the country suffering under sanctions, would spend millions on militias because it is just so altruistic and doesn't want anything in return as Nasrallah claims. The shiites of Lebanon should be the first to oppose this as they are being bred and raised for the sole purpose of war and martyrdom and obeying their dear leader, this martyrdom is being pictured as the ultimate goal in life while the leaders making these claims hide in their bunkers.

Please let them talk. There is freedom of speech. That is the least of my worries because Iran has sent no warship to our port; you know who did last week. Imagine if it was an Iranian ship that landed at our port. Half of the government might have resigned and the US would have been sad and consider sanctions. But the US docked a warship, even though for show, and no one is worried Lebanon is increasingly looking like Puerto Rico. The US is fingering our banks and many are not worried. You have no sense of sovereignty or dignity. To you and your likes in government, you are ready to bow to the highest bidder. If the Persians are a world power, you will equally bow and let them dock their warship. You are complaining about Iran because you're scared of the US. Not because Iran has harmed you, used you or threatened your country anymore than the US has or can. You bow to the highest bidder to protect your wealth. Its a shame that the shamelessl preach!
When Iran is the world leader then by all means let it send 2 warships not just one. But it is currently not, and it's under sanctions on top. Some people are just too headstrong and proud that they would destroy the country if the decision was up to them because they can't see the truth. As it stands, the US is the strongest nation and is considered as the world leader. You wanna try and fight it? as a tiny country our only option is to 'play by the rules' and you act like we can change them.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
This is no longer simple protection. Not many would argue about the resistance when Israel was occupying the south, but it seems that Iran used a righteous cause to plant its seeds and now its roots are sinking deeper and deeper into the Shiite population. Come on man, Iran, the country suffering under sanctions, would spend millions on militias because it is just so altruistic and doesn't want anything in return as Nasrallah claims. The shiites of Lebanon should be the first to oppose this as they are being bred and raised for the sole purpose of war and martyrdom and obeying their dear leader, this martyrdom is being pictured as the ultimate goal in life while the leaders making these claims hide in their bunkers.

You dont love us and care about us more than Nasrallah does. Neither does America. America hasn't done anything for us other than supplying Israehell with lethal weapons that would be used to burn our skin, like in Qana, twice. You're not a reliable or credible source of advice therefore. Israehell withdrew doesn't mean Israehell has ceased to be a threat.

When Iran is the world leader then by all means let it send 2 warships not just one. But it is currently not, and it's under sanctions on top. Some people are just too headstrong and proud that they would destroy the country if the decision was up to them because they can't see the truth. As it stands, the US is the strongest nation and is considered as the world leader. You wanna try and fight it? as a tiny country our only option is to 'play by the rules' and you act like we can change them.

It means you're a coward. You have implied it in the above. And I want you to be honest and say "yes, I am a coward". Dont add the title of dishonesty to your title of being a coward.

No one wants to fight the US. That doesn't mean we should be humiliated slaves who'd get slapped and not utter a word. Perhaps if I was the president of a small country, I'd think like you do. But Nasrallah is not the president and he is not a coward. If you are a coward, at least give credit to the brave ones who have stood up and laid their lives in the path of self defense and sacrifice so that others would be preserved in their ancestral land. We haven't said we want to fight America. We haven't said we hate America. At least not all of us do. I'm saying that sincerely. But that doesn't mean America should support our enemy to eliminate us and when the enemy fails through the use of force, America wants to use nonlethal methods to eliminate us. That is evil. And where force did not succeed, nonviolent methods shouldn't be allowed to either and will not. America needs to reflect on its Middle East policies, especially its maltreatment of Lebanon and abuse of Lebanese institutions. It should not give Israehell a blank check when it comes to Lebanon. That blank check of always regurgitating that a monster like Israehell has the "right to self defense" will only make the victims diehard. Might is not always right. The US excesses and abuses led to a revolution in Iran and they are still grappling with its repercussions after forty years. Such excesses and abuses dont always work. And in that line, I must give credit to Trump for not being a warmonger like his predecessors and for pushing for diplomacy to succeed. We may hate Trump and mock him all we like. But he is not the mad man in real life we imagine him to be on social media. Let's hope he continues to explore channels of diplomacy and dialogue and not war.

Thawra # Furoshima

Shia live
You dont love us and care about us more than Nasrallah does. Neither does America. America hasn't done anything for us other than supplying Israehell with lethal weapons that would be used to burn our skin, like in Qana twice. You're not a reliable or credible source of advice. Israehell withdrew doesn't mean Israehell has ceased to be a threat.

It means you're a coward. You have implied it in the above. And I want you to be honest and say "yes, I am a coward". Dont add the title dishonesty to your title of being a coward. No one wants to fight the US. That doesn't mean we should be humiliated slaves who'd get slapped and not utter a word. Perhaps if I was the president of a small country, I'd think like you do. But Nasrallah is not the president and he is not a coward. If you are a coward, at least give credit to the brave ones who have stood up and laid their lives in the path of self defense and sacrifice so that others would be preserved. We haven't said we want to fight America. We haven't said we hate America. At least not all of us dl. I'm saying that sincerely. But that doesn't mean America should support our enemy to eliminate us and when the enemy fails through the use of force, America wants to use nonlethal methods to eliminate us. That is evil. And where force did not succeed, nonviolent methods shouldn't be allowed to either and will not. America needs to reflect on its Middle East policies, especially its maltreatment of Lebanon and abuse of Lebanese institutions. It should not give Israehell a blank check when it comes to Lebanon. That blank check of always regurgitating that a monster like Israehell has the "right to self defense" will only make the victims diehard. Might is not always right. The US excesses and abuses led to a revolution in Iran and they are still grappling with its repercussions. Such excesses and abuses dont always work. And in that line, I must give credit to Trump for not being a warmonger like his predecessors and for pushing for diplomacy to succeed. We may hate Trump and mock him all we like. But he is not the mad man in real life we imagine him to be on social media. Let's hope he continues to explore channels of diplomacy and dialogue and not war.
You give credit to Trump
Good
??????

Gyounis

You dont love us and care about us more than Nasrallah does. Neither does America. America hasn't done anything for us other than supplying Israehell with lethal weapons that would be used to burn our skin, like in Qana, twice. You're not a reliable or credible source of advice therefore. Israehell withdrew doesn't mean Israehell has ceased to be a threat.
I was sure that you'd call me a coward, just another word in your vast emotional dictionary that leaves no room for reason. I don't think being realistic is cowardice. Just like I'm not saying that we should be remote controlled slaves but act within a certain margin without overstepping our bounds.
I really wonder sometimes what Lebanon would have been like without all of us spineless cowards, where the population mostly consists of Hezbollah supporters. You probably think that your flag would have been flying over Jerusalem by now, or even the white house, we definitely wouldn't have ended up like those other shining examples of Iranian influence.

I'm not defending the US but our stance with the US . Half measures like when you say you don't wanna go to war with the US but we want this and that are not available. That's why our decision makers should have a brain to contain such situations and prevent or minimize further damage, and not zealots who attack head on while shouting allahu akbar. Shou ba3mel? The US can be a hypocrite and a bully but I'm not a god enforcing justice but someone trying to survive. If you think life is unfair try to file a complaint to your god.
And its not like Hezbollah cares about Lebanese sovereignty, They just want Iran and the khamenei to be our masters. What freedom and pride you talk about when you act worse than slaves to your leaders shouting labbaika this and that? The biggest red flag for me is when a population glorifies its leaders to the point of divinity.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
I was sure that you'd call me a coward, just another word in your vast emotional dictionary that leaves no room for reason. I don't think being realistic is cowardice. Just like I'm not saying that we should be remote controlled slaves but act within a certain margin without overstepping our bounds.
I really wonder sometimes what Lebanon would have been like without all of us spineless cowards, where the population mostly consists of Hezbollah supporters. You probably think that your flag would have been flying over Jerusalem by now, or even the white house, we definitely wouldn't have ended up like those other shining examples of Iranian influence.

I'm not defending the US but our stance with the US . Half measures like when you say you don't wanna go to war with the US but we want this and that are not available. That's why our decision makers should have a brain to contain such situations and prevent or minimize further damage, and not zealots who attack head on while shouting allahu akbar. Shou ba3mel? The US can be a hypocrite and a bully but I'm not a god enforcing justice but someone trying to survive. If you think life is unfair try to file a complaint to your god.
And its not like Hezbollah cares about Lebanese sovereignty, They just want Iran and the khamenei to be our masters. What freedom and pride you talk about when you act worse than slaves to your leaders shouting labbaika this and that? The biggest red flag for me is when a population glorifies its leaders to the point of divinity.

I really do not care about your personal tastes and dislikes. That's mostly what your point is about. The earth does not revolve around you.

As for your point, the most important in your entire post:

"Just like I'm not saying that we should be remote controlled slaves but act within a certain margin without overstepping our bounds."

please tell us what is "overstepping our bounds" and how is it different from "acting within a certain bound"?

Gyounis

I really do not care about your personal tastes and dislikes. That's mostly what your point is about. The earth does not revolve around you.

As for your point, the most important in your entire post:

"Just like I'm not saying that we should be remote controlled slaves but act within a certain margin without overstepping our bounds."

please tell us what is "overstepping our bounds" and how is it different from "acting within a certain bound"?
Ya3neh befriend Iran all you want but don't go acting like we can ignore the sanctions or welcome Iranian warships.

Weezy

Legendary Member
@Phoenicianfairy I hope you can read Arabic and understand the above. A bank sent into nonexistence based on unsubstantiated suspicion of supporting Hezballah. I hope that bank will sue the US government in international courts and milk them to the last penny. And it is the duty of our handicapped government to stand by the Lebanese Canadian Bank. If we are going to continue to accept the US abuse of our financial institutions, then the US officials will continue acting on impulse and destroy our economy based on suspicion and rumors, that would later prove to be baseless like the above example.

Jammal trust bank will milk the US government to the last penny? With the support of HA akid

Weezy

Legendary Member
HA is deemed as a terrorist organization in the Arab world and the international community. It's only natural for banks to be sanctioned if they work with HA.

Rafidi

Legendary Member
HA is deemed as a terrorist organization in the Arab world and the international community. It's only natural for banks to be sanctioned if they work with HA.

In your Saudi world! Get your facts straight. Does it really matter if a patriotic group with nationalist goals gets blackmailed with the terrorist label game?