• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

The Way to Building a Secular Lebanon and Secular Constitution and System

Rafidi

Legendary Member
Exactly. You dont want to blame him because he is from your sect. Cool :) The system will stay. Learn to live with it.

Learn to live with Berri. Berri is part of the system. Stop complaining on what you can't change. He has immunity from prosecution.

You just said you're not part of the FPM but you support the president. Your type distinguishes between what is corruption and what is not corruption depending on who is from your religion. Aoun is Christian... that mean he is a good man! Berri not Christian...that means he is corrupt and bad man. Do you really like anyone outside your religion and party? I doubt it. And it is such rubbish and menace of sectarian prejudice and bias we need as a nation to undo. To get rid of.

!Aoune32

Learn to live with Berri. Berri is part of the system. Stop complaining on what you can't change. He has immunity from prosecution.

You just said you're not part of the FPM but you support the president. Your type distinguishes between what is corruption and what is not corruption depending on who is from your religion. Aoun is Christian... that mean he is a good man! Berri not Christian...that means he is corrupt and bad man. Do you really like anyone outside your religion and party? I doubt it. And it is such rubbish and menace of sectarian prejudice and bias we need as a nation to undo. To get rid of.

I like many that are not christian. Your just a Berri parrot. Mfakar fik teda7ak 3alayne with a few opening of threads? Ma7ada stupid and especiallly those in Lebanon.

!Aoune32

Instead of antagonizing and demeaning muslims, had you been less bigoted and more civil, then perhaps Rachel Corrie could give you his point of view unfiltered. First, purify your mind of all the hatred you posses for muslims. Then, clean your own house before acting holier than thou and leveling accusations from the mud pit.

I have no doubt Berri is corrupt in a country crawling with corrupt political figures, regardless of sects. Geagea, Jumblatt, Berri, Bassil, Hariri, Sanioura and the list is endless... But you're not going to change anything when your objective is to devolve the country into pre-civil war era. A time when Christians dominated the political spectrum and marginalized muslims. They made a right mess of it.

Look buddy ekher hamme enta w yeh. I dont care what you guys think. Enta your just probably one of those dhimmi christians who support HA and hate the christians, sorry secular LOL. What a joke.
He or any other shia will never be against Berri or any of his leaders. He votes for the same freaks and then complains about the situation in Lebanon. Then he votes for them again. The people were at fault, currently at fault and will forever be at fault. Live with it. Hypocrisy much!
Go see what HA has done to Baalbeck nothing but they seem to keep voting for the party. Let them vote for poorness and no jobs, nothing. Thats what they deserve.

Dynamite Joe

Look buddy ekher hamme enta w yeh. I dont care what you guys think. Enta your just probably one of those dhimmi christians who support HA and hate the christians, sorry secular LOL. What a joke.
He or any other shia will never be against Berri or any of his leaders. He votes for the same freaks and then complains about the situation in Lebanon. Then he votes for them again. The people were at fault, currently at fault and will forever be at fault. Live with it. Hypocrisy much!
Go see what HA has done to Baalbeck nothing but they seem to keep voting for the party. Let them vote for poorness and no jobs, nothing. Thats what they deserve.

No different than christians voting for the same freaks. LFers are led by the biggest motherfer. A christian voting for Geagea's party is virtually shooting himself in the foot. Sectarianism cuts both ways.

!Aoune32

No different than christians voting for the same freaks. LFers are led by the biggest motherfer. A christian voting for Geagea's party is virtually shooting himself in the foot. Sectarianism cuts both ways.

I am talking about Berri here not Geagea or any other freak. Making excuses for them is not the answer. Let them go blame their own politicians for the [email protected]@ they got themselves into not the country or the regime. Mch kel marra bisir chi bi2elak houwe l nizam.

Dynamite Joe

I am talking about Berri here not Geagea or any other freak. Making excuses for them is not the answer. Let them go blame their own politicians for the [email protected]@ they got themselves into not the country or the regime. Mch kel marra bisir chi bi2elak houwe l nizam.

Sure you are talking about Berri. But you make it sound as if only muslims vote for contemptible leaders. This is simply untrue. That's why I brought up LFers led by Geagea, among other christian leaders who should be fruit pickers instead of state officials and political leaders.

Not surprising that in a sectarian system, the electorate votes with a sectarian cast of mind first, rather than who is the best leader that can improve my country and community.

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Hell will freeze over before you get secularism in Lebanon. People should deal.with the reality: we are a very tribal people who will murder each other over parliamentary seats.
Let's do like many other diverse countries and decentralize.

!Aoune32

Sure you are talking about Berri. But you make it sound as if only muslims vote for contemptible leaders. This is simply untrue. That's why I brought up LFers led by Geagea, among other christian leaders who should be fruit pickers instead of state officials and political leaders.

Not surprising that in a sectarian system, the electorate votes with a sectarian cast of mind first, rather than who is the best leader that can improve my country and community.

eh 3youne but unlike Berri Geagea hasnt been in the state institutions since 1990 and raping our state. Geagea went out of prison in 05 and participated yemken in 3 governments. Berri does not equal Geagea in politics. Berri is like WJ eh.

The_FPMer

Alcohol is forbidden in some areas, but the problem is that Christians aren't LGBTQ-tolerant enough. You can't make this shit up.

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Decentralization/federalism will be based on cazas (geographic), not sects. Even Taef calls for decentralization.
The government in Beirut is too incompetent.

Also, even before the civil war, the government would only care about certain regions and ignore others (regardless of sects).

GrumpForTrump

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Alcohol is forbidden in some areas, but the problem is that Christians aren't LGBTQ-tolerant enough. You can't make this shit up.

Wasn't this ban overturned though? Did it see the light?

In any case, drinking alcohol in public places is forbidden in many Western countries. It looks like these Ammou3a cafés are out in the open?

GrumpForTrump

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
If they ban alcohol for good, the rate of car accidents would drop instantly.
So would Lebanon's healthcare bill.

31% of car accident deaths involve an alcohol-impaired driver.
I think the percentage in Lebanon is even higher.

Robin Hood

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Does anyone of you expect the Swiss to forgo their cultural/linguistic differences and build a unitary state?

Lebanese Pride

Orange Room Supporter
If you hear what goes on in closed LF meetings, you'll be shocked. The level of hatred and dormant sectarian radicalism is sickening. The genocidal mentality hasn't disappeared.

Ohhhhh I knew we had a spy in our weekly hatred and dormant sectarianism meetings.

Let me guess, the new guy, Abou Charbel is actually Ali from Dahieh correct?

Although Amal fought against Palestinians, today you'd never hear an Amal supporter saying "I wish all Palestinians were dead".
Do you know how many times I heard an LFer say something similar?

Shiites differentiate between PLO and Palestinian civilians.

LFers have not abandoned their sectarian thinking.

Ok what about jews or Israelis? do Shia differentiate between Israeli soldiers and Israeli civilians? I don't think so... Don't they have genocidal wishes concerning Israel?

What you fail to understand is that for LF supporters the Palestinians are the same as Israelis are for you guys!

Do not forget how many Christian lives were lost in fighting Palestinians.

Anyway time has changed; the PLO and LF political leaders are on good terms; don't expect for the average LF supporter to follow though.
35 years have passed since PLO were expelled from Lebanon in another 35 years the war generation would be gone and the speech would change.

GrumpForTrump

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Ok what about jews or Israelis? do Shia differentiate between Israeli soldiers and Israeli civilians? I don't think so... Don't they have genocidal wishes concerning Israel?

What you fail to understand is that for LF supporters the Palestinians are the same as Israelis are for you guys!

Do not forget how many Christian lives were lost in fighting Palestinians.

Anyway time has changed; the PLO and LF political leaders are on good terms; don't expect for the average LF supporter to follow though.
35 years have passed since PLO were expelled from Lebanon in another 35 years the war generation would be gone and the speech would change.

Not true at all.
Hizbullah calls for a state where both Jews and Muslims can coexist. They fought Israeli soldiers and their proxies when they were in Lebanon. They didn't round Lahd's families in a camp and butchered them. I think most Lebanese militias can learn a bit from Hizbullah's self-restraint and humanity in times of war.

Nasrallah has made it clear that he doesn't endrose Bin Laden's methods of targetting innocent civilians. Most Israeli civilians who died in 2006, died from heat attack.

I think your analogy is terribly flawed.
When did Hizbullah gather Jews in a camp and butchered them as LF did to Palestinians?

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
If they ban alcohol for good, the rate of car accidents would drop instantly.
So would Lebanon's healthcare bill.

31% of car accident deaths involve an alcohol-impaired driver.
I think the percentage in Lebanon is even higher.
Why stop there: we should ban driving altogether, 100% of car accidents involve a person driving a car...

GrumpForTrump

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Why stop there: we should ban driving altogether, 100% of car accidents involve a person driving a car...

Not your smartest argument on this forum.

Driving responsibly (within reasonable speed and not under the influence) doesn't lead to accidents.

Ya reit it tastes good. Der General is more drinkable than vodka.

But what do I know? People don't know how to have a great time without making fools of themselves and puking on each other.