The Way to Building a Secular Lebanon and Secular Constitution and System

Patriot

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
You can hardly say indirectly when they were being armed and getting ample military support by these powers.

To your other point, Christians standing against HA will be a failure either way. If HA is eliminated, you end up with a sunni dominated country with unfettered power. If you look around at other sunni countries in the area, you should be alarmed. If HA remains which is the likely outcome, then you've alienated the shia community for decades to come. Don't be short sighted.

What are you talking about ?
You talk like it’s the Christians declaring the war. If anything the Christians will be on the defensive.

What are you saying, we shouldn’t stand against them and let them in with open arms ?
What kind of stupid logic is that?

Your secularism is nothing but a surrender.
No thanks, i’d rather see a war torn country before we let that happen.

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Ironic that Geagea is spokesman of the House of Saud in Lebanon. Some of the younger folks here don't know that LF under Geagea joined the Syrian army when they invaded areas under Aoun's control. Of course, in the LF areas they met no resistance, but had the red carpet laid out for them.

I know one thing, if LF under the leadership of the clown Geagea possessed the same power and support HA has now, muslims would be slaughtered left and right.

That's true. LF's political discourse has always been about eliminating others.
Bachir and Geagea set a precedent by making it "halal" to kill civilians from other sects and nationalities. You'll find a lot in common between their speeches and those of Hitler.

HA and Amal might not be perfect, but you'd never hear their supporters saying they want to get rid of Christians or Palestinians.
If you hear what goes on in closed LF meetings, you'll be shocked. The level of hatred and dormant sectarian radicalism is sickening. The genocidal mentality hasn't disappeared.

That's what @HannaTheCrusader and @Aoune32! fail to notice when they put LF and HA/Amal supporters in the same basket.

The irony is that those same Christians who cry persecution, are the same ones who idolize Christian war criminals and justify their massacres.

flag-waver

What they did to Assyrians is what they wish to do to us. Assyrians were never like Syrian Christians, who are proud dhimmis, they were fierce warriors who fought for their lands and always dreamed of self determination. But historically they only shared their lands with Kurds, that's why Saddam settled hundreds of thousands of those backwards Bedouin in the Nineveh: to kill them. Now Assyrians had two enemies in their lands, Arabs and Kurds, both of whom continued to persecute them and made almost all of them leave. But with ISIS, the remainders had to choose a side, and since all Arabs in their lands and Mosul supported ISIS they sided with Kurds and fought the Islamic State. Only to shortly after ISIS was defeated in Iraq, Kurds attacked and expelled the rest of Assyrians. That's who they are.

The Assyrians I know are warriors. The majority of their population is still in the ME just not in their homeland Iraq. There are about 300K in Iraq and the rest displaced between Jordan, Syria and Lebanon. A huge Assyrian population went to Syria before the Syrian war. where are they are now? Allah wahdo bya3ref.
All sects in Lebanon are not happy about the situation. When you have out of 40K that went outside 2018 18K shia, 8K sunni and 2 or so K druze. So you have approx 28K out of the 40K that went out were Islam. No one is happy with the situation but we will not place our necks out for anyone. We will break the hand that touches us.

flag-waver

That's true. LF's political discourse has always been about eliminating others.
Bachir and Geagea set a precedent by making it "halal" to kill civilians from other sects and nationalities. You'll find a lot in common between their speeches and those of Hitler.

HA and Amal might not be perfect, but you'd never hear their supporters saying they want to get rid of Christians or Palestinians.
If you hear what goes on in closed LF meetings, you'll be shocked. The level of hatred and dormant sectarian radicalism is sickening. The genocidal mentality hasn't disappeared.

That's what @HannaTheCrusader and @Aoune32! fail to notice when they put LF and HA/Amal supporters in the same basket.

The irony is that those same Christians who cry persecution, are the same ones who idolize Christian war criminals and justify their massacres.

They are in the same basket 7abboub. That is what you fail to understand. Amal and PSP were fighting min in the war? They fought the christians and they fought the palos. Amal kicked the palos asses from the south and the war of the camps. they killed in the camps more than the LF killed in the camps. You want to discuss something open your eyes and discuss it with an open heart. No one is stupid. Amal does kill the christians.. You know how politically. They kill them politically by taking ministries taking out the christians from the ministry and installing shia in the ministry. In the end of it Amal and co dont care about the system at hand all they care is they stay in power. chou fer2ane ma3o a islamic system, syrian system or Taef. l mouhem he is in power.

Patriot

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

Haide latché la ele
It’s about Hobeika

I admire the man’s intellect, i will not deny that.
However i in no way justify his massacres nor endorse them.
Hobeika only cared about himself, Hobeika destroyed and weakened the christians.

Hobeika successfully played all sides, granted his techniques were unorthodox, but doesn’t change the fact that the guy was extremely smart to gain someone’s admiration.

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
They are in the same basket 7abboub. That is what you fail to understand. Amal and PSP were fighting min in the war? They fought the christians and they fought the palos. Amal kicked the palos asses from the south and the war of the camps. they killed in the camps more than the LF killed in the camps. You want to discuss something open your eyes and discuss it with an open heart. No one is stupid. Amal does kill the christians.. You know how politically. They kill them politically by taking ministries taking out the christians from the ministry and installing shia in the ministry. In the end of it Amal and co dont care about the system at hand all they care is they stay in power. chou fer2ane ma3o a islamic system, syrian system or Taef. l mouhem he is in power.

Although Amal fought against Palestinians, today you'd never hear an Amal supporter saying "I wish all Palestinians were dead".
Do you know how many times I heard an LFer say something similar?

Shiites differentiate between PLO and Palestinian civilians.

LFers have not abandoned their sectarian thinking.

flag-waver

Although Amal fought against Palestinians, today you'd never hear an Amal supporter saying "I wish all Palestinians were dead".
Do you know how many times I heard an LFer say something similar?

Shiites differentiate between PLO and Palestinian civilians.

LFers have not abandoned their sectarian thinking.

maybe that is the case but that is because we as christians suffered the most and our country suffered due to the palestinians. ma7ada fer2ano ma3o their cause buddy. henne ekher hammoun their cause. where are the jarabs aslan?? mas2ouleiye mch 3a leb... let them go get their act together and form their mini state. ma7ada badoun yehon houne and they will continue to live as they are living. I fully support a palo state. let them go and get it.

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Haide latché la ele
It’s about Hobeika

I admire the man’s intellect, i will not deny that.
However i in no way justify his massacres nor endorse them.
Hobeika only cared about himself, Hobeika destroyed and weakened the christians.

Hobeika successfully played all sides, granted his techniques were unorthodox, but doesn’t change the fact that the guy was extremely smart to gain someone’s admiration.

No you did say he was a great man and wished that he rests in peace. Your post is still there.

You represent a large percentage of Lebanese Christians who still glorify war criminals and defend genocide.

Lebanese Muslims don't idolize the men who took part in the Damour or Aishiyeh massacre. No Lebanese Muslim speaks fondly of Yasser Arafat or Walid Joumblat.

This level of moral corruption is alien to the Lebanese Muslim society.

flag-waver

No you did say he was a great man and wished that he rests in peace. Your post is still there.

You represent a large percentage of Lebanese Christians who still glorify war criminals and defend genocide.

Lebanese Muslims don't idolize the men who took part in the Damour or Aishiyeh massacre. No Lebanese Muslim speaks fondly of Yasser Arafat or Walid Joumblat.

eh mazbout the word corruption is alien to the muslim community in Lebanon. chou hal maskhar wlo!
You corrupted the whole state since the 90's. Installing your men in state institutions who guess what? soon wont get paid LOL

Patriot

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

Alright since you really wanted to know :)
My first post in that thread was a a troll attempt that kind of backfired.
I’ll confess to that.

But my admiration to his intelligence is geniune.
Probably you’re not, but in case you’re interested to know about Hobeika and how dirty he was, read Cobra’s book.
It was a hell of a read.

Now for ‘the level of moral corruption is alien to the Lebanese Muslim society.’
I know you’re trolling bass La2 haide sma7le fiya.
Muslims destroyed the country after Taef and alienated the Christian population. And they still do.
There’s nothing morally right about that.

Ice Tea

The Assyrians I know are warriors. The majority of their population is still in the ME just not in their homeland Iraq. There are about 300K in Iraq and the rest displaced between Jordan, Syria and Lebanon. A huge Assyrian population went to Syria before the Syrian war. where are they are now? Allah wahdo bya3ref.
All sects in Lebanon are not happy about the situation. When you have out of 40K that went outside 2018 18K shia, 8K sunni and 2 or so K druze. So you have approx 28K out of the 40K that went out were Islam. No one is happy with the situation but we will not place our necks out for anyone. We will break the hand that touches us.

That's good news. Another good news is that the Palestinian population dwindled from 450k to less than 170k, they are leaving at unprecedented rates. It's a sign that the way they are treated is working. The problem is the Syrians, they are roaming freely in our areas. They need to get kicked out asap! Honestly they are a bigger threat than the Palestinians ever were.

Ice Tea

The 'Lebanese' Muslims are already the criminals themselves.

flag-waver

That's good news. Another good news is that the Palestinian population dwindled from 450k to less than 170k, they are leaving at unprecedented rates. It's a sign that the way they are treated is working. The problem is the Syrians, they are roaming freely in our areas. They need to get kicked out asap! Honestly they are a bigger threat than the Palestinians ever were.

They will go bro :)
2019 is very promising. Hundreds just went out like 2 days ago. In 2018 100K left.
I dont know if it is karma or not but did you see in the elections in zahle? Hariri couldn't even get a second MP there eventhough in the registered it says that the sunni sect is higher. It means they probably left the country or left Syria altogether or died. LOL
Karma bro.

Patriot

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Kharma bro.

Kharma ?
6b5ec580-3a3c-434b-a54c-a3e0eae7ae13-jpeg.11646

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
The same as homosexuality. This is my own opinion. After all different secular countries have different outlook on things and laws.

Both homosexuality and polygamy will be decriminalized, but have no legal status. Demo criminalized but not legalized. It is kind of a neutral outlook. Government should be sin-blind.

For example, gay unions do not have legal status. However, if a citizen chooses that path, he would not be discriminated against but also his union would not be recognized under the law. Discriminating against a Lebanese on any basis, including sexual preference should be against the law. Gay union or marriage is a privilege that can be campaigned for and later be granted or not granted.

As for polygamy, the law will regard only the first registered wedding. Subsequent wives cannot be married legally in a civil court or under common law.

This is a tribal practice. It is simply murder. Perpetrators would be killed for killing, if we continue having capital punishment, or they can face life imprisonment for murder.

A non issue in my opinion. Many so called Muslims drink. Even in their areas or in their homes. It should be a private choice and freedom granted to those who want to drink or deal with alcohol. If the people are truly holy and observant of their faith, they require no one to compel them to drink or not to drink. After all, we are taught "Let there be no compulsion in religion. Truth has been made manifest from falsehood". I have come across staunch Christians and atheists who do not drink. And ironically, I have come across Muslims who drink. They even stop praying under the excuse that they can't stop drinking "for now". We are not holy as a nation as we pretend to be. We have transformed religion into a vehicle to promote division and evil and not a vehicle to promote spirituality and virtue and charity. Personally, even if you drop me into an ocean of alcohol and cigarettes, I will NEVER drink or smoke. I even detest smoking more than drinking. I see them as unhealthy habits and expending to poison one's own health.
Absolutely unacceptable!
First off comparing gay marriage to polygamy is unacceptable. One is a civil union between two consenting adults the other is a humiliating, degrading exploitative form of human trafficking of mostly child brides for a couple of bucks.
Polygamy is a crime in anyway you want to put it, so no it wont be decriminalized.

Second, homor killing are a religious right, how are going to enforce on people who hav been practicing it for decades? Just saying no its a crime wont fix it, any merely relgious folks will fight for it because its a divine right, god gave it after all, somehow in dom mysteriois way..

I was expecting this answer from you, as i have from many muslim folks. Alcohol is just a front, it symbolizes any service, product or activities that is permissable under civil law but banned under religious law. So unless you can give me a practical solution of how i can preserve my civil rights from som religious crazed people we dont have a deal.

flag-waver

Absolutely unacceptable!
First off comparing gay marriage to polygamy is unacceptable. One is a civil union between two consenting adults the other is a humiliating, degrading exploitative form of human trafficking of mostly child brides for a couple of bucks.
Polygamy is a crime in anyway you want to put it, so no it wont be decriminalized.

Second, homor killing are a religious right, how are going to enforce on people who hav been practicing it for decades? Just saying no its a crime wont fix it, any merely relgious folks will fight for it because its a divine right, god gave it after all, somehow in dom mysteriois way..

I was expecting this answer from you, as i have from many muslim folks. Alcohol is just a front, it symbolizes any service, product or activities that is permissable under civil law but banned under religious law. So unless you can give me a practical solution of how i can preserve my civil rights from som religious crazed people we dont have a deal.

that is a civil common law the mut3a way :)

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
Federalism will guarantee more division and petty wars for territory. Besides, the muslim majority would never go for it...

You cannot avoid it, the clauses suggested by the OP are the only way to go. Don't blame the added clauses, blame the people. You're one of them. So don't put it all on the muslims.

Had i not known u were lebanese i would have sworn u were the french government in ww2

So much defeatism is bad for the health man, read som tolkien it will lift up ur spirits :)