Theory of evolution.

Libnene Qu7

Libnene Qu7

Super Ultra Senior Member
Orange Room Supporter
Mathematics and genetics are precisely the two sciences that disprove the theory of evolution.

lol...It's funny how you guys are serious and religious about this...hahaha
Let me break it down for you in few words: The theory of evolution?...errr...It's just a theory. No scientific proofs to sustain it. I guess they missed reminding you that little detail at school.

I'll make it simple on you: The theory of evolution supposes an increase in both quality and quantity of genes and genetic package. Both of which never happened and will never happen...And mutation is only an alteration (usually to the worse) of an already existing gene.

So how again did that fish get out of the sea to become a walking monkey? By enchantment?...lol
:wideyed:
Bro, seriously? You think the theory of evolution is untrue?

• Advertisement
  • Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    :wideyed:
    Bro, seriously? You think the theory of evolution is untrue?

Of course. That's why it's called "theory". And it will stay a "theory" and will never be called "The Law of Evolution". Why is that so strange?

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    No science has actual hard proof that evolution happened! It's called a theory just like the theory of general relativity or the theory of gravity! It's not a theory in the sense that it needs more proof to become a law, scientific theories differ from the classic explanation of a theory in that theories have an alternative, whereas scientific theories are the only explanation! They may be incomplete and no theory is ever complete, but that does not mean they are not true! And evolution is as true as gravity!

But yeah creationism is well childish to say the least lol
    Of course. That's why it's called "theory". And it will stay a "theory" and will never be called "The Law of Evolution". Why is that so strange?
    But what is - in your opinion - the alternative explanation to evolution?

Is god upgrading the software of living beings every couple of thousands of years and discontinuing the old model?

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    But what is - in your opinion - the alternative explanation to evolution?

Is god upgrading the software of living beings every couple of thousands of years and discontinuing the old model?
    I don't ask myself too many of these questions, to be frank. And I sure do not try to judge one theory, in light of the other.

Now don't get me wrong, I have my beliefs, but I do not have preconceived ideas, and I am the kind who doesn't mind starting everything from scratch.
    But truth is that however "logical" and/or "appealing" the theory of evolution can appear, I have seen no science nor evidence to sustain it. Quite the opposite actually.

But I'm still baffled to see people mistakingly taking this "theory" for a "proven law" , while Darwin himself recognised while exposing it, that it is just a theory, and nothing much exists to sustain it.

J

JeanLeCroisé

This is pretty dumb, I don't know if you're scientifically illiterate or just trolling.

Einstein THEORY of General Relativity is superior to Newton LAW of universal gravity in terms of accuracy and range of applications.

Laws in general are based on observations, Newton just observed the effects of gravity, body motion and came up with the laws (bodies in motion stay in motion etc), he didn't theorize shit about gravity and its origin he didn't explain how it works. You come up with one counter example and your laws go to trash.

Theories usually offer an explanation, you observe how bodies in motion remain in motion, you observe the effects of planets on each other and you try to come up with a model that explains your observations and you constantly update the model based on new observations.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    I don't ask myself too many of these questions, to be frank. And I sure do not try to judge one theory, in light of the other.

Now don't get me wrong, I have my beliefs, but I do not have preconceived ideas, and I am the kind who doesn't mind starting everything from scratch.
    But truth is that however "logical" and/or "appealing" the theory of evolution can appear, I have seen no science nor evidence to sustain it. Quite the opposite actually.

But I'm still baffled to see people mistakingly taking this "theory" for a "proven law" , while Darwin himself recognised while exposing it, that it is just a theory, and nothing much exists to sustain it.
    Abou sandal it is a fact! There's an entire field of study dedicated to it: evolutionary biology! It has been proven in numerous and totally independent fields of studies that life does indeed evolve! To name a few: genetics, you share a lot of your genes with lots of other species currently on earth and when I say a lot I mean a lot, 80% of your genes exist in cows, this does not mean that human beings evolved from cows though, only that humans and cows have had a common ancestor in the past- notice I avoided chimpanzees even though 96% of our genes are identical :p ! Embryology: in that initial state of life, human beings, snakes, fish, dogs etc. All begin to form exactly the same way! Fossil records actually showing evolution, you can literally see it with your own eyes!
    Heck even modern medicine has provided proof for evolution in antibiotic resistant bacteria! And yes if we keep taking antibiotics the way we do we are apparently likely to die from some evolved form of bacteria in the future :p

You can even see proof of evolution on your own body!

Now I get that you want to ignore an overwhelming amount of evidence that suggests natural selection, survival of the fittest, genetic mutations over multiple generations, adaptation to the environment, and evolution are real.. but please do not suggest that it is non existent!

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    This is pretty dumb, I don't know if you're scientifically illiterate or just trolling.
    I will ask you to keep your disrespectful yet nontheless ignorant remarks out of this discussion. If you can't act like mature persons, then don't mingle with them.

J

JeanLeCroisé

I will ask you to keep your disrespectful yet nontheless ignorant remarks out of this discussion. If you can't act like mature persons, then don't mingle with them.
    Agreed, I apologize for being rude. Now do you have anything to say about the second part?

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Abou sandal it is a fact! There's an entire field of study dedicated to it: evolutionary biology! It has been proven in numerous and totally independent fields of studies that life does indeed evolve! To name a few: genetics, you share a lot of your genes with lots of other species currently on earth and when I say a lot I mean a lot, 80% of your genes exist in cows, this does not mean that human beings evolved from cows though, only that humans and cows have had a common ancestor in the past- notice I avoided chimpanzees even though 96% of our genes are identical :p ! Embryology: in that initial state of life, human beings, snakes, fish, dogs etc. All begin to form exactly the same way! Fossil records actually showing evolution, you can literally see it with your own eyes!
    Heck even modern medicine has provided proof for evolution in antibiotic resistant bacteria! And yes if we keep taking antibiotics the way we do we are apparently likely to die from some evolved form of bacteria in the future :p

You can even see proof of evolution on your own body!

Now I get that you want to ignore an overwhelming amount of evidence that suggests natural selection, survival of the fittest, genetic mutations over multiple generations, adaptation to the environment, and evolution are real.. but please do not suggest that it is non existent!
    Yeah we can turn around in circles and play with semantics all you want, you will bring me documentaries and articles and push me to bring you counter documents and studies...And it will be a huuuge waste of time.

Bottom line is this: Neither you nor anyone can convince me that the existence of mankind on Earth, started seeing the day when a fish crawled from the sea and transformed gradually into mammal which became gradually an Ape that gradually turned into human, without explaining to me by which scientific process this happened, then showing me substantial proofs of it.

Mighty Goat

Mighty Goat

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    To believe that evolution really happened is not any different than believing that creation really happened. In both cases one BELIEVES in something one does not know.

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    To believe that evolution really happened is not any different than believing that creation really happened. In both cases one BELIEVES in something one does not know.
    That's nonsense. Where's the evidence for creation? Creationism purports nontestable, nonfalsifiable assertions.

As soon as the evidence is as rigorous for creation as it is for evolution, then you can begin to equate the two.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Yeah we can turn around in circles and play with semantics all you want, you will bring me documentaries and articles and push me to bring you counter documents and studies...And it will be a huuuge waste of time.

Bottom line is this: Neither you nor anyone can convince me that the existence of mankind on Earth, started seeing the day when a fish crawled from the sea and transformed gradually into mammal which became gradually an Ape that gradually turned into human, without explaining to me by which scientific process this happened, then showing me substantial proofs of it.
    It's called adaptation! Brought on by a change in your environment or maybe the existence of a new predator, your genes mutate to be better equipped for survival!

Honestly I don't see why you have an issue with evolution! I mean unless you have proof of the contrary it's the only logical and elegant explanation regarding your existence on this planet!

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Even religious people have let go of creationism, way before Darwin actually! I don't see how you can equate a scientific theory to a bunch of parables!

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Agreed, I apologize for being rude. Now do you have anything to say about the second part?
    Let's not go into semantics, because this will take ages. And though the comparison between both is completely out of line, and the words used in those 2 fields mean completely different concepts and understandings, I will just tell you that the theory of relativity of Einstein stands because simply, no scientific formula could prove its impossibility.

And that is what differentiates it from the theory of evolution, which has been ultimately rejected by two major sciences: Mathematics and genetics.

Not to mention that there is no proof to sustain the theory of evolution, no matter how hard some paleontologists try to put words into some monkey's fossilized bone.

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    It's called adaptation! Brought on by a change in your environment or maybe the existence of a new predator, your genes mutate to be better equipped for survival!

Honestly I don't see why you have an issue with evolution! I mean unless you have proof of the contrary it's the only logical and elegant explanation regarding your existence on this planet!
    It does not matter what you call it or how you chose to imagine it.
    We're talking about science here. Therefore you need to prove your theory by a scientific process. And you still did not. Not to mention that you did not even bring a material proof to it.

You believe in it. Fine.
    I don't, and I have every reason to stand my ground, simply because you didn't bring scientific proof to your beliefs. But then again, just call it what it is, and I can respect that. No problem.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    It does not matter what you call it or how you chose to imagine it.
    We're talking about science here. Therefore you need to prove your theory by a scientific process. And you still did not. Not to mention that you did not even bring a material proof to it.

You believe in it. Fine.
    I don't, and I have every reason to stand my ground, simply because you didn't bring scientific proof to your beliefs. But then again, just call it what it is, and I can respect that. No problem.
    Abou sandal I brought ample proof of my "belief"! You brought nothing supporting your point of view! The only thing lacking in evolution is a mathematical equation and biology unlike physics or maybe chemistry cannot be described precisely using mathematical formulas, at least not right now! Regardless though evolution is real and there is ample proof that it is so!

Since you are arguing science here, a theory in science is thought of as true unless proven otherwise using experimentation... Much like a person is innocent until proven guilty! So unless you have actual proof that you are not related to a monkey, I believe you are at least based on your genes :p, and science is on my side, not yours!

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    No one can convince you of this because what you're describing is not evolution.

Also, there's no 'proof' in science; there's evidence.

Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Since you are arguing science here, a theory in science is thought of as true unless proven otherwise using experimentation...
    euuuuh?...God exists. Now prove the opposite using experimentation...lol :p
    You just made every single believer's day....hahaha

Last edited:
    Abou Sandal

Abou Sandal

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    No one can convince you of this because what you're describing is not evolution.

Also, there's no 'proof' in science; there's evidence.
    I believe in Einstein and Mendel's science. I like the idea of Darwin's theory, but I don't believe in it. Though creative, I still find Asimov much more talented and versed in science.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    euuuuh?...God exists. Now prove the opposite using experimentation...lol :p
    You just made every single believer's day....hahaha
    God existing or lack thereof is not an actual scientific theory in that it is not the most logical conclusion that can be drawn based on evidence