Opinion Time for MOU to wind down

The_FPMer

Let me tell you a secret. The only positive outcome I counted on with the MoU, was its attempt at indirectly reconciling the christian and shia communities, a "let's be friends, forget our past civil war wounds and hope for the best in some unknown future to come", a kind of ya rabbi tigi fi 3eno wishful thinking, mostly on the part of FPM. General guidelines, no practices to follow.

As for Hizbullah, I'm sure it had, and still has, no evil plans to eat christian and sunni babies for snacks and nor to islamize the country. They know they can't and therefore they won't; unless cornered to death, they're cautious and cunning enough not to engage in such a suicidal project. Post Syria withdrawal, Hizbullah has simply been working on the domination of the political scene from inside the on one-leg limping state, from behind the curtains w men ta7t la ta7t, in waiting for the Mahdi and his Wilayah. w ba3den allah beyefrouj. There never was a plan on their part to engage in any country building project, something I suspect FPM, deep down, knew won't happen, but may also genuinely hoped for, or so were they naive enough to fully believe in.
Takeovers don't happen in Lebanon like they do in the Middle East. They materialize slowly through demographics and land buying.

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Takeovers don't happen in Lebanon like they do in the Middle East. They materialize slowly through demographics and land buying.

When the involved know how the takeovers are made, then they should also know how to work to avoid them.

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Let me tell you a secret. The only positive outcome I counted on with the MoU, was its attempt at indirectly reconciling the christian and shia communities, a "let's be friends, forget our past civil war wounds and hope for the best in some unknown future to come", a kind of ya rabbi tigi fi 3eno wishful thinking, mostly on the part of FPM. General guidelines, no practices to follow.

As for Hizbullah, I'm sure it had, and still has, no evil plans to eat christian and sunni babies for snacks and nor to islamize the country. They know they can't and therefore they won't; unless cornered to death, they're cautious and cunning enough not to engage in such a suicidal project. Post Syria withdrawal, Hizbullah has simply been working on the domination of the political scene from inside the on one-leg limping state, from behind the curtains w men ta7t la ta7t, in waiting for the Mahdi and his Wilayah. w ba3den allah beyefrouj. There never was a plan on their part to engage in any country building project, something I suspect FPM, deep down, knew won't happen, but may also genuinely hoped for, or so were they naive enough to fully believe in.

Hizbullah doesn't believe in the idea of Lebanon, a multiconfessional state where everyone is treated equally under the law.
It was never enthusiastic about supporting projects of pursuing any reforms that can benefit the country as a whole. (Remember when they opposed the Selaata plant?)
It's only interested in empowering its community, hence why it built its own army, schools, hospitals and even an alternative banking system.
The deterioration of the Lebanese economy means very little to Hizbullah considering it's fully funded by Iran.
The weaker the Lebanese state, the stronger Hizbullah.

Sayyid Jewry

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Hizbullah doesn't believe in the idea of Lebanon, a multiconfessional state where everyone is treated equally under the law.
It was never enthusiastic about supporting projects of pursuing any reforms that can benefit the country as a whole. (Remember when they opposed the Selaata plant?)
It's only interested in empowering its community, hence why it built its own army, schools, hospitals and even an alternative banking system.
The deterioration of the Lebanese economy means very little to Hizbullah considering it's fully funded by Iran.
The weaker the Lebanese state, the stronger Hizbullah.
You didn't tell him that Aoun is an opportunist who #knew and kept his mouth shut because he benefitted. You let me down bro.

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
-‏يرى المجلس السياسي في ذكرى توقيع تفاهم مار مخايل بين التيار الوطني الحر وحزب الله مناسبة للتمعن في هذا التفاهم. فهو جنّب لبنان شرور الفتنة والانقسام وحماه من اعتداءات الخارج، فردع إسرائيل وصدّ الإرهاب، إلا أنه لم ينجح في مشروع بناء الدولة وسيادة القانون، ويعتبر المجلس أن تطوير هذا التفاهم بإتجاه فتح آفاق وآمال جديدة أمام اللبنانيين هو شرط لبقاء جدواه اذ تنتفي الحاجة إليه إذا لم ينجح الملتزمون به في معركة بناء الدولة وانتصار اللبنانيين الشرفاء على حلف الفاسدين المدمّر لأي مقاومة أو نضال.

The_FPMer

Yes Stupid! Say it one more time for us
View attachment 22822
Shou 5ass hay bi hay? That's a cowardly way to think. They're discussing the MOU and how Michel Aoun erred in giving HA a carte blanche and instead of giving counter-arguments (if they do exist) you go on google and search for a picture of the Taef trio? That's a clear sign innak herben mnel argument and have nothing to say about it.

JB81

Legendary Member
Shou 5ass hay bi hay? That's a cowardly way to think. They're discussing the MOU and how Michel Aoun erred in giving HA a carte blanche and instead of giving counter-arguments (if they do exist) you go on google and search for a picture of the Taef trio? That's a clear sign innak herben mnel argument and have nothing to say about it.

The Quadro-Alliance?