To My Country, Lebanon, I Say: I am Sorry for What I Have Done!

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
Honestly, do you still believe this is a revolution or an uprising with sublime goals and values?

Don't you see there is a foreign game being played to burn our country and cause strife?

If fighting corruption, and improving our economy means burning our country, don't you think it is wiser for us, as a people, all of us, to remain poor and hungry than to kill ourselves? Those corrupt people who have wronged us, some foreign powers don't mind having them remain in power to serve their agenda. There is a real fight for naturalization of the Palestinians that is playing out. It will all make sense in the end after, God forbid, our country is in ashes.

We are a people of the same country, same history, and same blood! No matter how disconnected we may think we are amongst ourselves, we are still more connected to one another than to the ones trying to engineer a different outcome from the genuine cries of the Lebanese, who protested in the earlier days of the protests. I'm 100% with the cries of the Lebanese. I have relatives who share those cries. But would we be stubborn and keep pushing one another, and trying the patience of each other and in the process provoke irrational behaviors from some weak minded people, from either side, that could lead to strife? Shouldn't we be more mature to see that a game is being played and if the country catches fire, all of us will burn? Shouldn't we stop at this point and out of love for our country and it's flag give benefit of the doubt to avoid becoming another Arab spring country? Or will we wake up only when innocent people's blood is spilled on the road and then that would further be abused to inflame emotions to a point of no return? We still have a way out of this. People should not go to the streets. Each time you go to the streets to protest and block roads, you are using your hands to inflame a crisis that will drown us all. Please ask yourself: are you building or destroying Lebanon?

Would you really feel happy to see your people, Lebanese people, fighting and killing themselves? Will it then matter of who's right and who's wrong? Shouldn't we stop playing with the life of our country? We are killing our country by waving its flag because most of us are ignorant of what some outside powers are cooking for Lebanon. I am not saying people don't have the right to protest, and I am not saying people don't have genuine cries. I went to the protest ground in the beginning and I had hoped this was a drive for genuine change. But I was wrong and I am sorry for contributing to the destruction of my country. I thought I was waving and flying its flag high and reclaiming my country from thieves. Little did I know I was handing over my country for evil forces to hijack my protest. I am saying this in all sincerity and with tears in my eyes. I am saying, in all truth and in all confidence, that our genuine cries are being abused to promote evil agendas that will see us fight ourselves. And this must stop. No Lebanese must harm another Lebanese. We aren't Syrians. We aren't Libyans. We aren't Yemenis. We are enlightened and progressive. And we need to know when to sense the danger and draw the line to say enough, even if that means hunger and poverty!

• Advertisement
  • Aoune32!

Aoune32!

A new government, with a new face (not Hariri). And please no MPs for ministers. I dont care if its political or technocrat govt. as far as all the genuine demands of the protesters must be accepted and applied by the ruling parties.
    HA wants a political gov.

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    HA wants a political gov.
    It doesn't matter if it is political or not. Most if not all Lebanese have a political view or allegiance.

People should leave the streets and give those in power who want to work time to meet up to the expectations they have.

FPM and HA (March 8) haven't been in govt, in which they have a majority for up to a year. Last year's election that gave them a majority in Parliament is barely a year. How can we hold them responsible for thirty years?

I

illusion84

Honestly, do you still believe this is a revolution or an uprising with sublime goals and values?
    Yes; and sooner or later it will prevail.
    Not just in Baabda and Serail; it will prevail in Nabtieh ; Sour and Kfar Reman as well.

You hezbollahis need to figure out how to deal with the new power on ground from now on.

It is easy; as you accepted Geagea and held a Quadriparty alliance with him in 2005; as you accepted Aoun and made Mar Mekhayel agreement with him; you'll end up realising and admitting the major power shift in Lebanon.

This time it is even bigger as revolutionaries are even within your own ranks.

Don't you see there is a foreign game being played to burn our country and cause strife?
    Yes of course; Iran and its lackeys are trying their best to sabotage this revolution.
    However they started to retreat and admit the new realities on the ground.

If fighting corruption, and improving our economy means burning our country, don't you think it is wiser for us, as a people, all of us, to remain poor and hungry than to kill ourselves? Those corrupt people who have wronged us, some foreign powers don't mind having them remain in power to serve their agenda. There is a real fight for naturalization of the Palestinians that is playing out. It will all make sense in the end after, God forbid, our country is in ashes.
    Sometimes you have to start over from scratch.

So stop being defiant and agree with the revolution; batal fi 7ada bado y3ish under the humiliation of Madame 51% or under the arrogance of Nassrallah and Bassil and their corrupt system.

We are a people of the same country, same history, and same blood! No matter how disconnected we may think we are amongst ourselves, we are still more connected to one another than to the ones trying to engineer a different outcome from the genuine cries of the Lebanese, who protested in the earlier days of the protests. I'm 100% with the cries of the Lebanese. I have relatives who share those cries. But would we be stubborn and keep pushing one another, and trying the patience of each other and in the process provoke irrational behaviors from some weak minded people, from either side, that could lead to strife? Shouldn't we be more mature to see that a game is being played and if the country catches fire, all of us will burn? Shouldn't we stop at this point and out of love for our country and it's flag give benefit of the doubt to avoid becoming another Arab spring country? Or will we wake up only when innocent people's blood is spilled on the road and then that would further be abused to inflame emotions to a point of no return? We still have a way out of this. People should not go to the streets. Each time you go to the streets to protest and block roads, you are using your hands to inflame a crisis that will drown us all. Please ask yourself: are you building or destroying Lebanon?
    If a building is too rotten and decaying the only solution is to destroy it all and start over.

Would you really feel happy to see your people, Lebanese people, fighting and killing themselves? Will it then matter of who's right and who's wrong? Shouldn't we stop playing with the life of our country? We are killing our country by waving its flag because most of us are ignorant of what some outside powers are cooking for Lebanon. I am not saying people don't have the right to protest, and I am not saying people don't have genuine cries. I went to the protest ground in the beginning and I had hoped this was a drive for genuine change. But I was wrong and I am sorry for contributing to the destruction of my country. I thought I was waving and flying its flag high and reclaiming my country from thieves. Little did I know I was handing over my country for evil forces to hijack my protest. I am saying this in all sincerity and with tears in my eyes. I am saying, in all truth and in all confidence, that our genuine cries are being abused to promote evil agendas that will see us fight ourselves. And this must stop. No Lebanese must harm another Lebanese. We aren't Syrians. We aren't Libyans. We aren't Yemenis. We are enlightened and progressive. And we need to know when to sense the danger and draw the line to say enough, even if that means hunger and poverty!
    Well you must address the thugs of Nassrallah; Berri; Gebran; Joumblat; and Hariri. Ya3neh your partner in the corrupt system.

The revolutionaries are silmiyeh and they are distributing flowers to the army and even to the thugs. What was your reaction to these flowers? For now sticks in Nabatieh and Riyad el Soloh and Bullets in Jal el Deeb.

Dobou el zo3ran; form an independent non corrupt gov w ma badna shi.

Lebmonage

Lebmonage

Legendary Member
    Not just in Baabda and Serail; it will prevail in Nabtieh ; Sour and Kfar Reman as well.

You hezbollahis need to figure out how to deal with the new power on ground from now on.

It is easy; as you accepted Geagea and held a Quadriparty alliance with him in 2005; as you accepted Aoun and made Mar Mekhayel agreement with him; you'll end up realising and admitting the major power shift in Lebanon.

Yes of course; Iran and its lackeys are trying their best to sabotage this revolution.

So stop being defiant and agree with the revolution; batal fi 7ada bado y3ish under the humiliation of Madame 51% or under the arrogance of Nassrallah and Bassil and their corrupt system.

If a building is too rotten and decaying the only solution is to destroy it all and start over.

Well you must address the thugs of Nassrallah; Berri; Gebran; Joumblat; and Hariri. Ya3neh your partner in the corrupt system.

The revolutionaries are silmiyeh and they are distributing flowers to the army and even to the thugs. What was your reaction to these flowers? For now sticks in Nabatieh and Riyad el Soloh and Bullets in Jal el Deeb.

I really wish all you said can be achieved. But it is only a dream that can lead us to greater trouble and chaos.

I

illusion84

I really wish all you said can be achieved. But it is only a dream that can lead us to greater trouble and chaos.
    Tayeb the revolutionaries have a dream and they are doing their best to achieve it.

They know that it is now or never...

D

dyyyy

Man it's literally been 30 years that we use the same excuse "Foreign game", "Nationalization", "Civil war", "Political Agenda".....It's been 28 days people are protesting peacefully and the only violence is coming from the government and it is the government who is threatening with war.

The actual fear from all these is actually the government and it's allies.
    When the revolts first started, literally all foreign countries stood by the government. It wasn't until the revolt grew bigger that they changed stances.
    All our current leaders warned us from other sects to give them legitimacy to protect them, and when people started revolting because they're hungry, it was the Shias militias who hit the Shia and the Christian militias who hit the Christians.

If fighting corruption, and improving our economy means burning our country, don't you think it is wiser for us, as a people, all of us, to remain poor and hungry than to kill ourselves?
    This is the mentality that took us to this point for these 30 years.

The reason that there is so much foreign interference and a risk naturalization is because we're soo much in debt because of these 30 years of corruption, that the government have to practically beg other countries for help giving them all the concessions that they need.

The fact the french envoy is so openly involved in the government formation is because we have no other choice.

The fact that everyone (and literally everyone) is begging Saad Hariri to form the new government, even though he's corrupt, inefficient and just thrown out from the government, is because it's a condition for foreign countries.

So no the revolts are not the problem, they're the result of oppressing people too much and always asking them to make the concessions why they do anything they want

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

It doesn't matter if it is political or not. Most if not all Lebanese have a political view or allegiance.

People should leave the streets and give those in power who want to work time to meet up to the expectations they have.

FPM and HA (March 8) haven't been in govt, in which they have a majority for up to a year. Last year's election that gave them a majority in Parliament is barely a year. How can we hold them responsible for thirty years?
    FPM and HA have also been in the gov for 11 years if not more. they arent able to fight corruption or bring reforms. ya zalame HA has sanctions them. the health minister couldnt even go on a trip to the US.

Tayyar9

Tayyar9

Legendary Member

What is the point of even replying to you, when after all he wrote, that's what you come up with

Tayyar9

Tayyar9

Legendary Member
    FPM and HA have also been in the gov for 11 years if not more. they arent able to fight corruption or bring reforms. ya zalame HA has sanctions them. the health minister couldnt even go on a trip to the US.
    So we should do what the U.S want? What is your solution? Whether we like it or not, Hezballah represents a big part of the population. If the U.S wants to keep acting this way, putting sanctions on everything related to Hezballah, then they are acting against the interests of Lebanon because they are asking for a confrontation between the people.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

So we should do what the U.S want? What is your solution? Whether we like it or not, Hezballah represents a big part of the population. If the U.S wants to keep acting this way, putting sanctions on everything related to Hezballah, then they are acting against the interests of Lebanon because they are asking for a confrontation between the people.
    all the parties represent a big part of the country. HA is no exception nor better than anyone else. we are in a pickle my friend. u want to look at interest elsewhere but there is going to be a big US war on the country. dont even know if the LAF accepts it.

Tayyar9

Tayyar9

Legendary Member
    all the parties represent a big part of the country. HA is no exception nor better than anyone else. we are in a pickle my friend. u want to look at interest elsewhere but there is going to be a big US war on the country. dont even know if the LAF accepts it.
    That's my problem with the U.S in particular. They want to break a big part of our population, which is why I just can't accept that. Whether you like Hezballah or not. Other countries, even if they stand by HA, at least they are not pushing for confrontation between the parties here. You know what I mean? Irrespective of my view. If Iran tomorrow ask HA to break LF or FM for example, whether I like them or not, we, as Lebanese, can't accept that.

Aoune32!

Aoune32!

That's my problem with the U.S in particular. They want to break a big part of our population, which is why I just can't accept that. Whether you like Hezballah or not. Other countries, even if they stand by HA, at least they are not pushing for confrontation between the parties here. You know what I mean? Irrespective of my view. If Iran tomorrow ask HA to break LF or FM for example, whether I like them or not, we, as Lebanese, can't accept that.
    i know what you are saying. i am saying it loud and clear we are in a big pickle. I dont think FPMers if Iran asked HA to break LF they would stand by the LF at all. joking right??

Tayyar9

Tayyar9

Legendary Member
    i know what you are saying. i am saying it loud and clear we are in a big pickle. I dont think FPMers if Iran asked HA to break LF they would stand by the LF at all. joking right??
    If Iran goes publicly saying that they want to break LF? They should stand by LF.