• Hello Guest

Please bear with us! The Orange Room is being restructured.

Opinion To vaccinate or not to vaccinate ?

Vaccination is necessary

• Yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Yes of course

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No, I'm an uninformed idiot who thinks it causes autism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it's not vegan

• Why is this even up for debate?

• Total voters

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
So I was just casually scrolling through Instagram and I see Ms Kat Von D posted a pic of her belly followed with the following caption:

"I knew the minute we announced our pregnancy that we would be bombarded with unsolicited advice.

Some good and some questionable - unsolicited none the less.

I also was prepared for the backlash and criticism we would get if we decided to be open about our personal approach to our pregnancy.

My own Father flipped out on me when I told him we decided to ditch our doctor and go with a midwife instead.

If you don’t know what it’s like have people around you think you are ridiculous, try being openly vegan.

And, if you don’t know what it’s like to have the entire world openly criticize, judge, throw uninformed opinions, and curse you - try being an openly pregnant vegan on Instagram, having a natural, drug-free home birth in water with a midwife and doula, who has the intention of raising a vegan child, without vaccinations.

My point being: I already know what it’s like to make life choices that are not the same as the majority. So your negative comments are not going influence my choices - actual research and educating myself will - which i am diligently doing.

This is my body. This is our child. And this is our pregnancy journey.

Feel free to follow me on here if you like what I’m about - whether it’s tattooing, lipstick, Animal Rights, sobriety, feminism, ridiculous gothiness, black flower gardening, cats, or my adorable husband.

But if you don’t dig a certain something about what I post, i kindly ask that you press the unfollow button and move the **** on.
So before anyone of you feel inspired to tell me how to do this, I would appreciate you keeping your unsolicited criticism to yourself.

More importantly, for those who have amazing positive energy to send my way, I will gladly and graciously receive it with love! X"

My immediate thought reading the excessive amount of self congratulatory BS in the above is: well this sucks I loved her eyeliner now I gotta find a new one.. but then browsing through the comments and seeing just how many people seem to agree with her stance on vaccination made me question humanity as a whole!

Anyway to make a long story short, what do you guys think: should you vaccinate your children??

• Advertisement
  • Dark Angel

Legendary Member
    So I was just casually scrolling through Instagram and I see Ms Kat Von D posted a pic of her belly followed with the following caption:

"I knew the minute we announced our pregnancy that we would be bombarded with unsolicited advice.

I also was prepared for the backlash and criticism we would get if we decided to be open about our personal approach to our pregnancy.

My own Father flipped out on me when I told him we decided to ditch our doctor and go with a midwife instead.

If you don’t know what it’s like have people around you think you are ridiculous, try being openly vegan.

And, if you don’t know what it’s like to have the entire world openly criticize, judge, throw uninformed opinions, and curse you - try being an openly pregnant vegan on Instagram, having a natural, drug-free home birth in water with a midwife and doula, who has the intention of raising a vegan child, without vaccinations.

My point being: I already know what it’s like to make life choices that are not the same as the majority. So your negative comments are not going influence my choices - actual research and educating myself will - which i am diligently doing.

Feel free to follow me on here if you like what I’m about - whether it’s tattooing, lipstick, Animal Rights, sobriety, feminism, ridiculous gothiness, black flower gardening, cats, or my adorable husband.

But if you don’t dig a certain something about what I post, i kindly ask that you press the unfollow button and move the **** on.
    So before anyone of you feel inspired to tell me how to do this, I would appreciate you keeping your unsolicited criticism to yourself.

More importantly, for those who have amazing positive energy to send my way, I will gladly and graciously receive it with love! X"

My immediate thought reading the excessive amount of self congratulatory BS in the above is: well this sucks I loved her eyeliner now I gotta find a new one.. but then browsing through the comments and seeing just how many people seem to agree with her stance on vaccination made me question humanity as a whole!

Anyway to make a long story short, what do you guys think: should you vaccinate your children??
    evolution tends to solve these problems on its own.. it is still quite a tragedy that it is the defenseless children who have to suffer the consequences of their parents fateful decisions..

lebnan_lilkel

Orange Room Supporter
    Off course you should. It's not a choice , it's an obligation. It's proven that vaccinations are very important. Lebanese are trendy but articulate and educated well. You should do more reading but the medical evidence is there. Your childs life is not your toy. If anything happens to them that could have been avoided, it will wreak their life and yours.
    The relationship between vaccinations and autism was claimed by one or two researchers but and proven non existent by many more.
    Autism on the other hand was always present in society. However people use to treat it as an incurable issue. Now we know much more and schools cater for it. Many autistic people can live a fairly normal life. In fact some have excellent skills.
    The challenge for medical researchers is no longer about research and evidence. It's about charisma and social media. I mean who can argue with Kim Kardashian s opinions ?? She can drive Google stock a billion up of down when she wanted to..

lebnan_lilkel

Orange Room Supporter
    Also Most normal births are done by midwives all over the world. Doctors only intervene if there are complications. If her baby suffocates for few seconds while being in the process, it will get brain damage and many worse complications.. it's not her child. It's nature and she is the means.

Aoune32!

I have 2 children. One age 1.3 years and the second 2 months of age.
    Vaccination for kids is important as it protects them from diseases especially that there are more diseases around these days. I suggest you dont believe everything you hear ktir ktir menno is pure bullshit.

Aoune32!

Also Most normal births are done by midwives all over the world. Doctors only intervene if there are complications. If her baby suffocates for few seconds while being in the process, it will get brain damage and many worse complications.. it's not her child. It's nature and she is the means.
    Agree eventhough the Lebanese tell you la2 bade Dr bas all over the world it is done by a midwife. They want it naturally done and only a Dr is called for complications.

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Deliver your baby in a fully equipped hospital.
    Vaccinate and don't look back. Don't worry about all the crap you read.
    Feeding your baby your own milk is not non-vegan.
    Claiming that vaccination is not vegan and therefore shouldn't be used is an extreme view, just like there are extreme views everywhere.

Enjoy the baby :)

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    Oh and quit reading this Instagram whatever crap.
    I can't for the life of me see what people get from Instagram, and hologram and pentogram and cryptogram and these dumb ass apps and social media crap.

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Deliver your baby in a fully equipped hospital.
    Vaccinate and don't look back. Don't worry about all the crap you read.
    Feeding your baby your own milk is not non-vegan.
    Claiming that vaccination is not vegan and therefore shouldn't be used is an extreme view, just like there are extreme views everywhere.

Enjoy the baby :)

Oh yes I'm definitely vaccinating my kid, I think it's even illegal in France not to lol (either becoming mandatory now or has been for a while, 11 vaccines because of a case where parents who refused to vaccinate their child were taken to court)

Also definitely hospital and I have my maternity room already reserved for due date (kamena law :p)

What surprised me about this is not that she's a piece of shit human being who likes self congratulatory bullshit more than the well-being of her future child, but just how many people in the comments are agreeing with her! I saw it more like an epidemic of ignorance lol

Oh yes I'm definitely vaccinating my kid, I think it's even illegal in France not to lol (either becoming mandatory now or has been for a while, 11 vaccines because of a case where parents who refused to vaccinate their child were taken to court)

Also definitely hospital and I have my maternity room already reserved for due date (kamena law :p)

What surprised me about this is not that she's a piece of shit human being who likes self congratulatory bullshit more than the well-being of her future child, but just how many people in the comments are agreeing with her! I saw it more like an epidemic of ignorance lol
    11 vaccines is overkill

Iron Maiden

Her Royal Brincess
    Staff member

1- who is kat von D and why is she called kat von D
    2- natural selection, the great culler of the imbeciles
    3- ??????
    4- profit

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    1- who is kat von D and why is she called kat von D
    2- natural selection, the great culler of the imbeciles
    3- ??????
    4- profit
    She was a tattoo artist who now has a makeup line that I like well liked anyway lol, I have no idea why she's called kat Von D to be honest other than her eyeliner, some eyeshadow palettes and some lipsticks, I know nothing about her until now that I found out she's incredibly naive and ridiculous!

Iron Maiden

Her Royal Brincess
    Staff member
    She was a tattoo artist who now has a makeup line that I like well liked anyway lol, I have no idea why she's called kat Von D to be honest other than her eyeliner, some eyeshadow palettes and some lipsticks, I know nothing about her until now that I found out she's incredibly naive and ridiculous!
    Thank you for the makeup lesson, i shall endeavour to be less ignorant about such things in the future.

Her name is still dumb tho :/

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Oh and quit reading this Instagram whatever crap.
    I can't for the life of me see what people get from Instagram, and hologram and pentogram and cryptogram and these dumb ass apps and social media crap.
    I don't have an account but when I miss Lebanon I look at pretty pictures of it on Instagram. Also...fashion inspiration :shy: