Municipal Elections 2016 Tripoli Municipality election 2016

Silence

Silence

Orange Room Supporter
The moment mikati and co decide to spend money on the election in tripoli it is over!. This was only a wake up call for him not to underestimate achraf rifi anymore. In the parliament election , couples of millions will do the job and he will be reelected. Max they will leave a seat to rifi on the list.
Believe me, it is no more as simple as this...money was spent on thousands of mandoubin but infos are that even Mikati's mandoubin voted Rifi.

• Advertisement
  • F

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
    Believe me, it is no more as simple as this...money was spent on thousands of mandoubin but infos are that even Mikati's mandoubin voted Rifi.
    I meant money for the average voters and not mandoubin like 2005 and 2009. this time all the allawites of jabal mohsen boycotted the municipal election because they were not represented in the list by people of their choices.

Those alone could have tipped all the list in favour of mikati. True the results were allarming but not enough as a clear indicator for the next parliament election.

In 2004 el bizri supported by oussama saad won the municipal election in saida against hariri. In 2010 and 2016 hariri won by double votes ( even bizri supported hariri list this time)

F

freelebanonn

Legendary Member
    so according to those results no christian or allawite made it ?

Chanklish

Chanklish

good good ... tripoli needs keep sinking in shit .. kudos ! bravo rifi ! bravo cha3eb l ghachim

Resistancefrom89

Resistancefrom89

Not yet, I don't think that Tripoli2022 and MMfD did well.
    I just had a long talk with friends in Tripoli. What is sure is that there is no one single explanation for what happened, we have to avoid one-liners conclusions. What is sure is that "my friends" are of course happy to see the demise of the whole mighty political class in Tripoli but in the same time they are very anxious to see Rifi becoming the Ironman of tripoli.

All agree that it is a turning point (both negative and positive) and that many factors contributed in this surprising result:
    1- The confessional anti HA/Bashar speech of Rifi that never compromised is part of the equation (on the negative side).
    2- The reaction to Tawafoq, considered as insulting to the middle class is another important part.
    3- The good choice of the candidates by Rifi from civil society and guys perceived as honest (on the good side)
    4- The poor see him as "closer" to them, he always played it very populist
    5- The weakness of the "real civil society" to propose a list that has real appeal at least a la BM.

Rifi knew how to take advantage of the planets lining up and did a tour de force. We -the guys and girls working for real change- have to analyze this and be aware that our hard work since 10 months against the whole political class is starting to reach ears and hearts but we also need to understand that we are also playing with fire because we were able to shake the corrupted class but were unable to propose serious alternative, we somehow helped Rifi, the victory/defeat of Tripoli should be a very deep warning to us too.
    Hariri chances of becoming a PM are being more and more challenged...Aoun offer still stand to make him a PM.... :) but time is ticking....for Hariri

JB81

JB81

Legendary Member
    Hariri chances of becoming a PM are being more and more challenged...Aoun offer still stand to make him a PM.... :) but time is ticking....for Hariri
    All "Sunni" leaders are puppets of Saudi Arabia. Each one is trying to prove himself to Al Saud. It's not up to the slave Hariri to call for electing Aoun; the orders come from Saudi Arabia... for Hariri to Mikati to Mrad to Siffi... all are taba3iyeh and small puppets

L

lebanese1

Legendary Member
    أنا من سير وجهاد الصمد من بخعون، ولم نتوقع ان تكون النتائج بهذه القساوة وما حصل كان غريبا. في سير 12 أو 13 في المئة من أبناء سير هم من المسيحيين، أكثرهم يسكن خارج البلدة، وجرت العادة أن يكون هناك توازن في التصويت، ففوجئنا بموقف شرس على صناديق الإقتراع، ونسبة التصويت أثرت على خسارة الإنتخابات البلدية في سير"

Fatfat unhappy regarding the high turnout of Christians in his town and their votes against him!!!

Youchka

Youchka

Legendary Member
    Stupid question but wondering, there are no a3raf in the municipalities as in all other positions (president, PM...)? Ma fi 3eref that there should be christians, sunnis, chiite... in the municipality whenever it applies?

kmarthe

kmarthe

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I honestly don't see why people are not happy with the results. One should be happy for many reasons. First of all it is easier to deal with a real salafi than with a concealed one who has been maintaining the reigns of power for many decades while working persistently not only to sideline the Christians but to destroy the country financially and to protect the corruption infrastructure that they built together with the Syrians.

Second, it is a good wake up call for the Sunni community to look for a sane leadership. Saadoun's "leadership" brought nothing but disasters to all of us since 2005. Despite it being shaken by extremists, well, at least it is being challenged and hopefully sent on a decline for good. If our "elegant and classy" Sunni friends of Beirut and Saida are not happy with Riffi, tfaddalo, find a new person who can lead you and define your identity.

Third, having salafis elected is a good way to push all Lebanese to find a new system, eza ma kherbit ma bte3mar. A new system, even if it is federalism, is much needed to take us out of the killer stalemate we have been having since the Syrian occupation.

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    I honestly don't see why people are not happy with the results. One should be happy for many reasons. First of all it is easier to deal with a real salafi than with a concealed one who has been maintaining the reigns of power for many decades while working persistently not only to sideline the Christians but to destroy the country financially and to protect the corruption infrastructure that they built together with the Syrians.

Second, it is a good wake up call for the Sunni community to look for a sane leadership. Saadoun's "leadership" brought nothing but disasters to all of us since 2005. Despite it being shaken by extremists, well, at least it is being challenged and hopefully sent on a decline for good. If our "elegant and classy" Sunni friends of Beirut and Saida are not happy with Riffi, tfaddalo, find a new person who can lead you and define your identity.

Third, having salafis elected is a good way to push all Lebanese to find a new system, eza ma kherbit ma bte3mar. A new system, even if it is federalism, is much needed to take us out of the killer stalemate we have been having since the Syrian occupation.
    as the old English saying goes: 3omrik Atwal men 3omre.
    I was going to post the same thoughts. I would also add that this could be a reality slap for SH... put him back in his place, and recognize his size. He is not a king, and not a king maker. He has to cooperate with others if he wants to survive.
    Same might be said about Rifi. He is a hawk, yes, but who knows what the future holds. Some people become more "reasonable" as they climb the political ladder (and others don't).

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member
    This is a very scary result to say the least.
    As much as Hariri, Mikati, Karami and Safadi may be seen as extremist, they are saints compared to Rifi.
    This shows that the Tripolitan street is moving more towards extrimism
    It is moving there and was pushed there as well and steadily for a long time. Aoun moved the Christian street towards a sectarian position and incessantly vilified every Sunni leader in the country, and HA refused to relinquish its weapons and militia and gave every Lebanese the middle finger with rocket-in-hand. Where do you think a Sunni community with extreme poverty and a pre-existing Islamist radicalization tendency, where do you think it will move? to moderation? I find it funny that some blame this on Hariri lol :)

J

joseph_lubnan

Legendary Member

Rifi is like Aoun and SHN. He is galvanizing his Sunni street :) I know you do not want to hear that, but there you have it. :)

Sunni need to look for leadership but so should Maronites and Shiites. They need to find a better alternative than Aounism and HA'ism. If not then do not blame Sunni's for sticking to Rifi'ism :)

mikeys71

mikeys71

Stupid question but wondering, there are no a3raf in the municipalities as in all other positions (president, PM...)? Ma fi 3eref that there should be christians, sunnis, chiite... in the municipality whenever it applies?
    I think there is. The vice president post has always been the Greek Orthodox share.

mikeys71

mikeys71

Chou sar? Don't get me wrong he is expired anyways, but Shou sar?
    Smart move. Getting out on his own better then been kicked out. He knows Harriri won't guaranty his seat next election.