Municipal Elections 2016 Tripoli Municipality election 2016

Mistletos

Mistletos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Smart move. Getting out on his own better then been kicked out. He knows Harriri won't guaranty his seat next election.
I wouldn't underestimate hariri, if anything this is a wake up call for him...
 
  • Advertisement
  • mikeys71

    mikeys71

    Well-Known Member
    I wouldn't underestimate hariri, if anything this is a wake up call for him...
    You may be right but i woundn't under estimate Rifi's win. He got the vote of the poor and the under served. So tanket Zeit or Barmil Mazout won't cut it again. The people showed their frustrations.
     
    LEBANESE-CIA

    LEBANESE-CIA

    Legendary Member
    A mini Quiz: :)

    Do you know who are the christians on the winning list in Tripoli's election out of the 24 seats?.


    (**according to 3erf they should get 7 out of 24 )
     
    kmarthe

    kmarthe

    Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Rifi is like Aoun and SHN. He is galvanizing his Sunni street :) I know you do not want to hear that, but there you have it. :)

    Sunni need to look for leadership but so should Maronites and Shiites. They need to find a better alternative than Aounism and HA'ism. If not then do not blame Sunni's for sticking to Rifi'ism :)
    Did you read my post? I have no problem with Rifi haboub, and honestly I prefer him over the clueless Saadoun.
     
    L

    lebanese1

    Legendary Member
    20:28 جوني منير لـ"الجديد": تيار المستقبل اكبر الخاسرين في طرابلس وهناك انعطافة كاملة في الشارع السني
    20:27 فتفت لـ"الجديد": الخاسر الاكبر في معركة طرابلس هو ميقاتي ولا تراجع في شعبية تيار المستقبل
     
    LEBANESE-CIA

    LEBANESE-CIA

    Legendary Member
    20:28 جوني منير لـ"الجديد": تيار المستقبل اكبر الخاسرين في طرابلس وهناك انعطافة كاملة في الشارع السني
    20:27 فتفت لـ"الجديد": الخاسر الاكبر في معركة طرابلس هو ميقاتي ولا تراجع في شعبية تيار المستقبل
    fat-fat in denial
     
    eLad

    eLad

    Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    I think tripoli is the only place where the la2i7a al mad3ouma men al kataeb didnt win
     
    TayyarBeino

    TayyarBeino

    Legendary Member
    رفعت عيد: "تحضروا للتهجير"

    علق زعيم الحزب العربي الديمقراطي، رفعت عيد، على نتائج إنتخابات بلدية طرابلس، التي افضت إلى وصول 18 عضواً من اللائحة المدعومة من الوزير اشرف ريفي، مقابل 6 للائحة المنافسة التي كانت مدعومة من حلف عريض ضم تيار المستقبل، النائب نجيب ميقاتي والوزيرين السابقين محمد الصفدي وفيصل كرامة.

    وقال عبر صفحته الرسمية على موقع "فايسبوك":

    قلنا في السابق طرابلس هي قندهار
    قلنا في السابق جبل محسن هو الحزب العربي الديمقراطي
    قلنا في السابق المشكلة ليست في الحزب بل بوجودكم
    قلنا في السابق أن زعماء طرابلس هم تجار دم
    قلنا في السابق لا تتدخلوا في الطائفة العلوية
    قلنا في السابق لحلفائنا لقد أخطاءتم
    قلنا في السابق أفصلوا الجبل عن طرابلس انتخابياً
    قلنا في السابق للجبل كونوا واحد أو سنندم واحد واحد
    قلنا في السابق للعرب إن النار ستمتد من سوريا إلى كل العالم
    قلنا في السابق .... راجعوا كل ما قلناه في السابق

    وختم قائلاً: "اليوم نقول للعلويين والمسيحيين والدروز والشيعة والسنة المعتدلين في شمال لبنان لا تتخلوا عن سلاحكم وتحضروا للتهجير.. مبروك داعش".
    رصد موقع ليبانون ديبايت
    2016 - أيار - 30

     
    LEBANESE-CIA

    LEBANESE-CIA

    Legendary Member
    Stupid question but wondering, there are no a3raf in the municipalities as in all other positions (president, PM...)? Ma fi 3eref that there should be christians, sunnis, chiite... in the municipality whenever it applies?
    According to el 3erf in Tripoli 7 seats should be reserved for christians out of 24 seats. (what is theirs is for them exclusively, and what is yours is for you & them (joint account) (But what happened now is even worse, consider it as jeziya in a form of a "municipality fees", no christian seats left)
     
    December Rain

    December Rain

    Well-Known Member
    I noticed that many people are voicing their concerns about "Tripoli moving towards extremism" because the city voted for Rifi.

    What on earth gave you the impression that Tripoli isn't an extremist city to start with ? people do not switch from tolerant to extremist overnight. You think their previous inclination to vote for Hariri, Mikati, Safadi stemmed from their free tolerant spirit and their love for other confessions ? Well news flash !!! the answer is a resounding NO !!!

    Their motives for previously voting Hariri - besides the Dollar of course - included the same extremist inclinations that made them vote Rifi this time, Their view of Hariri was that of a strong Sunni Billionaire leader who will gather all smaller Sunni factions under his wings and f*ck everyone else up, but years have shown that he is a castrated p*ssy with an IQ of a chicken, so they switched to Rifi who is projecting the image of a rising powerful, clever and bigoted Sunni leader.

    Don't fool yourselves, a change towards tolerance (not even secularism) - if it begins today - needs generations to happen, it needs to begin at home and school at an early age. But if the parents are Bigots to start with, Unfortunately I don't see any hope. Tripoli was, is and will remain a cauldron of filth, intolerance and terrorism, so get over it and spend your energy on things you can change.

    PS: Apologies to the decent, civilized, educated and tolerant but nevertheless Minority in Tripoli, some of whom I had the good fortune of being friends with for many years now. Truth is not pleasant but it remains the truth and must be said.
     
    Silence

    Silence

    Well-Known Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Rifi is like Aoun and SHN. He is galvanizing his Sunni street :) I know you do not want to hear that, but there you have it. :)

    Sunni need to look for leadership but so should Maronites and Shiites. They need to find a better alternative than Aounism and HA'ism. If not then do not blame Sunni's for sticking to Rifi'ism :)
    Looks like we all agree that it's a wake up call but disagree on what to do first thing when awake.
    I agree with you (somehow) but I see it more like a race to the bottom. Of course sunni leadership was never at stellar heigts it is not what I mean.
    What I mean is that the confessional system is reaching a logical and ugly peak: each confession is creating its own ultra-populist "Nasrallah figure".

    Now we are heading to 2 possibilities, inevitably (unless we have a war or major assasinations) no 3rd: 80% probability Mouthalatheh and 20% probability a more healthy system.
    the 80% is lead by ALL the actual political parties Sunni Shia and the FPM/FL alliance
    the 20% is lead by the yet-undefined-melting-pot that tried to face first in the hirak second through election.

    We are going to parliamentary election: if it happens under the 1960 law, it is going to be the last mounasafeh in Lebanese history if we manage to do it with a decent proportional law we might have a chance to go to a better place.
     
    Last edited:
    kmarthe

    kmarthe

    Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Looks like we all agree that it's a wake up call but disagree on what to do first thing when awake.
    I agree with you (somehow) but I see it more like a race to the bottom. Of course sunni leadership was never at stellar heigts it is not what I mean.
    What I mean is that the confessional system is reaching a logical and ugly peak: each confession is creating its own ultra-populist "Nasrallah figure".

    Now we are heading to 2 possibilities, inevitably (unless we have a war or major assasinations) no 3rd: 80% probability Mouthalatheh and 20% probability a more healthy system.
    the 80% is lead by ALL the actual political parties Sunni Shia and the FPM/FL alliance
    the 20% is lead by the yet-undefined-melting-pot that tried to face first in the hirak second through election.

    We are going to parliamentary election: if it happens under the 1960 law, it is going to be the last mounasafeh in Lebanese history if we manage to do it with a decent proportional law we might have a chance to go to a better place.
    There is a 3rd option that goes well what is being cooked in the region, and that is federalism. Syria is already partitioned or on the way to partition in three mini-states. That is the most probable thing unless something fundamentally changes in the way the Lebanese Sunni and Shiite communities, or whoever left in their leaderships, look at Lebanon.

    You cannot speak of mouthaletheh unless you have strong leaderships in all the three major groups working towards this goal and that is not the case. The Sunnis have no leaders, and they are two major sub-groups now, unless you tell me that classy Beirutis will accept to be led by Abou Ballout el Jahili.
     
    Silence

    Silence

    Well-Known Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    There is a 3rd option that goes well what is being cooked in the region, and that is federalism. Syria is already partitioned or on the way to partition in three mini-states. That is the most probable thing unless something fundamentally changes in the way the Lebanese Sunni and Shiite communities, or whoever left in their leaderships, look at Lebanon.

    You cannot speak of mouthaletheh unless you have strong leaderships in all the three major groups working towards this goal and that is not the case. The Sunnis have no leaders, and they are two major sub-groups now, unless you tell me that classy Beirutis will accept to be led by Abou Ballout el Jahili.
    Federalism won't come without a war, and anyways we are talking partition because federalism supposes central agreement on: defense, foreign policy and monetary policy, we don't have an agreement on at least the first 2 prerequisites.

    for the 2nd part when we're in a populist process the opinion of classy beirutis won't count.
    Did the opinion of shia beiks or the christian feudal aristocracy counted against this cheikh from Bzourieh or the Me3az from Becharre or the lower family general from Haret Hreik?
     
    kmarthe

    kmarthe

    Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Federalism won't come without a war, and anyways we are talking partition because federalism supposes central agreement on: defense, foreign policy and monetary policy, we don't have an agreement on at least the first 2 prerequisites.
    And what do you call what is happening in Syria and Iraq? The war has been going on for some time. Lebanon might not be an active player, but we have been in passive political "war" since many years in fact.

    for the 2nd part when we're in a populist process the opinion of classy beirutis won't count.
    Did the opinion of shia beiks or the christian feudal aristocracy counted against this cheikh from Bzourieh or the Me3az from Becharre or the lower family general from Haret Hreik?
    Not when the Sunnis are about to switch from modernity to a jahiliya setup! The stakes are different from a political line or the future of one's country, it is their own lifestyle and their way of living that is at risk of being taken back centuries to dark age.
     
    Silence

    Silence

    Well-Known Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    And what do you call what is happening in Syria and Iraq? The war has been going on for some time. Lebanon might not be an active player, but we have been in passive political "war" since many years in fact.
    Agree, but we somehow seem to be immune from going "Hot" and of course it is not thanks to our wise leaders

    Not when the Sunnis are about to switch from modernity to a jahiliya setup! The stakes are different from a political line or the future of one's country, it is their own lifestyle and their way of living that is at risk of being taken back centuries to dark age.
    You are supposing that your subjective perception is shared which is not the case. After all in what Rifi is different from Aoun and Nasrallah if you look at him through his electors' eyes not through yours? He is a tough general coming from the military state institution who is doing strong "Moumana3a" against HA and Iran hegemony plans he courageously faced Saad Hariri and "The feudals and billionaires and the whole world" alone and won, he is a defender of the rights of the sunnis, he has a strong and clear position regarding the war in Syria he refused Frangiyeh as president, he resigned from the failed and weak government, he denounces corruption, he declared his revenues and bank accounts...go on make an excel sheet and fill it with cases on how each one is seen through the eyes of his own guys and girls, they do compare even if you don't like it.....and they are all the natural products of the system.

    All the objective facts will lead to mouthalatheh, and HA will be the first to agree and Aoun and Geaga will plead that they saved the remains of Christian rights...
    Join the rebellion dear before it is too late for all of us :)
     
    JorjeToTheWorld

    JorjeToTheWorld

    Legendary Member
    Sunnis would never accept federalism. Just look at a map. Aslan why would anyone think that a federal state will manage to function with the current mentality, people and political rulers? We have two choices. Stay doomed by our current reality, or build something.
     
    SeaAb

    SeaAb

    Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    Sunnis would never accept federalism. Just look at a map. Aslan why would anyone think that a federal state will manage to function, if not even a non-federal does not? We have two choices. Stay doomed by our current reality, or build something.
    or just leave...shu baddak b hal shaghle.
     
    Top