Municipal Elections 2016 Tripoli Municipality election 2016

kmarthe

kmarthe

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Agree, but we somehow seem to be immune from going "Hot" and of course it is not thanks to our wise leaders

You are supposing that your subjective perception is shared which is not the case. After all in what Rifi is different from Aoun and Nasrallah if you look at him through his electors' eyes not through yours? He is a tough general coming from the military state institution who is doing strong "Moumana3a" against HA and Iran hegemony plans he courageously faced Saad Hariri and "The feudals and billionaires and the whole world" alone and won, he is a defender of the rights of the sunnis, he has a strong and clear position regarding the war in Syria he refused Frangiyeh as president, he resigned from the failed and weak government, he denounces corruption, he declared his revenues and bank accounts...go on make an excel sheet and fill it with cases on how each one is seen through the eyes of his own guys and girls, they do compare even if you don't like it.....and they are all the natural products of the system.

All the objective facts will lead to mouthalatheh, and HA will be the first to agree and Aoun and Geaga will plead that they saved the remains of Christian rights...
Join the rebellion dear before it is too late for all of us :)
So you are promoting the Mouthelatheh because you have three leaders that you put on equal stand and you are convinced that they will solve it 7oubbiyan and share power equally, saving rights, etc. If you see similarities among three men, you seem to ignore the fundamental fact that the three communities are very different in their understanding of what Lebanon is, their identities, and their future. Reducing the Christian amortisseur between Sunnis and Shiites will lead them to clash and kill each others like they are doing in Syria. Reducing the Christian role to a third means simply the end of the Christian presence in the Middle East, and that will not be accepted. I don't know why you are underestimating our resistance to Mouthelatheh. Khallik ma3na haboub bala ma tsir ma3 Abou Taqiyeh :p

Besides what rebellion are you talking about when you have a Sunni growing fraction voting for Salafis and a Shiite majority voting for Iran inspired HA? Do you think for a minute that these two would head for something else than killings and clashes? A true rebellion has to start with education, and that is light years away for obvious reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Jorje

Jorje

Legendary Member
    So you are promoting the Mouthelatheh because you have three leaders that you put on equal stand and you are convinced that they will solve it 7oubbiyan and share power equally, saving rights, etc. If you see similarities among three men, you seem to ignore the fundamental fact that the three communities are very different in their understanding of what Lebanon is, their identities, and their future. Reducing the Christian amortisseur between Sunnis and Shiites will lead them to clash and kill each others like they are doing in Syria. Reducing the Christian role to a third means simply the end of the Christian presence in the Middle East, and that will not be accepted. I don't know why you are underestimating our resistance to Mouthelatheh. Khallik ma3na haboub bala ma tsir ma3 Abou Taqiyeh :p

Besides what rebellion are you talking about when you have a Sunni growing fraction voting for Salafis and a Shiite majority voting for Iran inspired HA? Do you think for a minute that these two would head for something else than killings and clashes? A true rebellion has to start with education, and that is light years away for obvious reasons.
    LF/FPM are very similar to Amal/HA and Rifi/FM. I know it's very hard for you to believe that because you live secluded in your own bubble. Yesterday, Ahmad Hariri was saying that the Sunnis should unite now that Aoun/Geagea have united too. They all speak the same speech. karamit l tayfe, 72ou2 l masi7iyi w il mou2ewami, to rally crowds and shut opposition. They all steal behind your backs because there's no one to hold them accountable. Za3ami w taba3iyi and clientalism is present in all of them. The Christians are not better at all. You should look in the mirror sometimes.

kmarthe

kmarthe

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    LF/FPM are very similar to Amal/HA and Rifi/FM. I know it's very hard for you to believe that because you live secluded in your own bubble. Yesterday, Ahmad Hariri was saying that the Sunnis should unite now that Aoun/Geagea have united too. They all speak the same speech. karamit l tayfe, 72ou2 l masi7iyi w il mou2ewami. They all steal behind your backs because there's no one to hold them accountable. Za3ami w taba3iyi is present in all of them. The Christians are not better at all. You should look in the mirror sometimes.
    Ahmad Hariri turned out to be utterly wrong because he never took the time to visit his people in Tripoli and solve their real problems, and those problems cannot be solved by a food box on elections day. Again, we don't have the same attachment to the country and we don't see the state in the same way even if the leaders speak the same (stupid) language.

Jorje

Jorje

Legendary Member
    Ahmad Hariri turned out to be utterly wrong because he never took the time to visit his people in Tripoli and solve their real problems, and those problems cannot be solved by a food box on elections day. Again, we don't have the same attachment to the country and we don't see the state in the same way even if the leaders speak the same (stupid) language.
    Look at the last municipal elections. What unites them all is that they don't have a project nor a "vision" of the state. They are just interested in keeping their influence in their respective cantons and managing the pie between each other. How else would you explain them switching partners faster than Sabah? What did you see in the Christian areas other than sectarian populist speech and "ma3arik kasr 3adem" la "te7did l za3amet"? How is that any less retarded (sorry for the word) than all other tribes? I would say the only exception is HA, which is the only mature popular party in Lebanon. Because they do have a clear project and they always work steadfastly towards it.

kmarthe

kmarthe

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Look at the last municipal elections. What unites them all is that they don't have a project nor a "vision" of the state. They are just interested in keeping their influence in their respective cantons and managing the pie between each other. What did you see in the Christian areas other than sectarian populist speech and "ma3arik kasr 3adem" la "te7did l za3amet"? How is that any less retarded (sorry for the word) than all other tribes? I would say the only exception is HA, which is the only mature popular party in Lebanon. Because they do have a clear project and they always work steadfastly towards it.
    Your red sentence is not true (just look at Zahle and I know what I am talking about). 3eyneh I never said Christians are perfect, I simply said if you reduce the buffer zone their presence is creating we will be heading to sectarian clashes similarly to Iraq and Syria.

HA has clear projects because it is self funded and people in HA areas do not resist them. Why do you attack them then when you think they are the only mature party? lol

Dreaming in Red

Dreaming in Red

Look at the last municipal elections. What unites them all is that they don't have a project nor a "vision" of the state. They are just interested in keeping their influence in their respective cantons and managing the pie between each other. How else would you explain them switching partners faster than Sabah? What did you see in the Christian areas other than sectarian populist speech and "ma3arik kasr 3adem" la "te7did l za3amet"? How is that any less retarded (sorry for the word) than all other tribes? I would say the only exception is HA, which is the only mature popular party in Lebanon. Because they do have a clear project and they always work steadfastly towards it.
    lek also hezbollah make use of the secterian mindset of their fanbase. They turned into a party similar to the christian parties. In the municipal elections, they tried to take over and play on religious/"resistance" sentiments to win. Ya3neh I still blame hezbollah that two days before the beirut elections he made a huge call for his fanbase to stay in parties and support them in beqaa. If any sunni in beirut was going to vote beirut madinati, ghayyar ra2you bi wa2ta. Second the killing of hujeiri which wasnt really condemned by hezbollah also before the tripoli elections allowed rifi to win. Ya3neh hezbollah would obviously support rifi over hariri same as FPM. mafee fare2.
    Although I do agree about the christians parties, jenes atel. Maronites were meant to be messengers of peace in this region that has always had trouble, but the parties made them turn into fascist parties with a fetish for power and control. It shouldnt be about the official secterian identity. All lebanese could play part in renovating the maronite peaceful message including sunnis and shias, because I lost hope in the canton extremist christians of jabal lubnan. The other lebanese should help renovate the maronite message.

HannaTheCrusader

HannaTheCrusader

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    For the record omar karami father of Faisal karami in 1998 he refused to have any Christians on His list in Tripoli and his answer was
    Is there any Muslims in zgharta list ???

So the dawaesh is a Sunni tradition way before now , way wa y before

As for rifi he asked the otehr list to adopt the same two christans and alawe he adopted or at least let them agree on the same names on both ,it's, the refused abd both sides shattabo tge Christians ,

3 mins ·
    بالنسبة لاستقالة روبير فاضل، و التمثيل المسيحي في طرابلس:
    قبل التباكي على التمثيل المسيحي في طرابلس فليجرأ احدٌ على تغيير لوحة الاستقبال التي كتب عليها : قلعة المسلمين
    التمثيل المسيحي النيابي و البلدي في طرابلس فولكلوري و غير فاعل و فارغ...
    روبير فاضل و ابوه موريس من قبله، و سامر سعادة ، و جان عبيد، وكل نواب طرابلس المسيحيين الحاليين والسابقين غير معنيين بشؤون المدينة و لا يحضرون اجتماعات الكتل الاسبوعية، و لم يكترثوا يوماً لما كان يحصل لها من اقتتال، و لم يسكنها احداً منهم.
    اضف الى ذلك ان عام ٩٨ حصل نفس الحدث و لم يتمثل المسيحيين في المجلس البلدي، و لم يستقل حينها والد روبير الشيخ موريس و اكملت الحياة سيرها بشكلٍ طبيعي، اما روبير فكان يعيش و يعمل باميركا و ما على بالو بال

TayyarBeino

TayyarBeino

Legendary Member
    انتهى بشكل رسمي فرز الاصوات وتم ختم ملف النتائج في سرايا طرابلس وتحويلها الى وزارة الداخلية في بيروت، والنتيجة النهائية هي 16 عضواً من لائحة "قرار طرابلس" و8 من لائحة لطرابلس، وباسم بخاش آخر الناجحين.

العهد

The Jade

The Jade

Legendary Member
    It is moving there and was pushed there as well and steadily for a long time. Aoun moved the Christian street towards a sectarian position and incessantly vilified every Sunni leader in the country, and HA refused to relinquish its weapons and militia and gave every Lebanese the middle finger with rocket-in-hand. Where do you think a Sunni community with extreme poverty and a pre-existing Islamist radicalization tendency, where do you think it will move? to moderation? I find it funny that some blame this on Hariri lol :)
    Actually, the problem comes mainly from the sunni leaders.

Lebanon's sunni leaders are the richest men in the country, yet they kept their people poor and uneducated so they could manipulate them better.

Tripoli is the home of Mikati and Safadi, it is also highly Supported by Hariri; basically the 3 richest men in the Country. Yet it is still one of the poorest Major cities in the Country.

That was on the financial side.

Let's talk social now.
    Hariri, Mikati, Safadi and Karami all started moving and supporting extremist views because they didn't want to lose votes.
    Look at Chadi el Mawlawi, look at Jamaa Islamiyya, Jund el Cham, Assir, etc etc.

The sunni leaders should've been the first to pull their People towards the Center; but they preferred to meet the small extremist ones on their own turf because they were louder.
    And what do you think the poor, uneducated ones (forcibly impovrished by their leaders) would do when they see their leaders shaking hands with the devil?
    They will follow suit!

I'm not saying that Hezbollah and Aoun are angels, but blaming them for another person's extremism is quite unfair.

I didn't also mention the fact that Hariri Sr, Siniora and Hariri Junior vilified the christians since the end of the civil war by curtailing their powers, by appointing christian puppets, by removing the strong leaders from their positions.
    They may not have done it like the loud mouths Aoun did, but it was much more revolting for the christians than the sunnis.
    Aoun only shouted, barely acted on anything (he couldn't anyway!)
    Hariri cut the wings off of every christian group and leader, choked their economy, annihilated the middle class (mainly christians), etc etc.

Have you seen christians walking around with bombs and weapons to kill anyone who disagrees with them?

Jorje

Jorje

Legendary Member
    Your red sentence is not true (just look at Zahle and I know what I am talking about). 3eyneh I never said Christians are perfect, I simply said if you reduce the buffer zone their presence is creating we will be heading to sectarian clashes similarly to Iraq and Syria.

HA has clear projects because it is self funded and people in HA areas do not resist them. Why do you attack them then when you think they are the only mature party? lol
    Because of their project?

Essentially all of the other "parties" are about figureheads and atbe3.
    lek also hezbollah make use of the secterian mindset of their fanbase. They turned into a party similar to the christian parties. In the municipal elections, they tried to take over and play on religious/"resistance" sentiments to win. Ya3neh I still blame hezbollah that two days before the beirut elections he made a huge call for his fanbase to stay in parties and support them in beqaa. If any sunni in beirut was going to vote beirut madinati, ghayyar ra2you bi wa2ta. Second the killing of hujeiri which wasnt really condemned by hezbollah also before the tripoli elections allowed rifi to win. Ya3neh hezbollah would obviously support rifi over hariri same as FPM. mafee fare2.
    Although I do agree about the christians parties, jenes atel. Maronites were meant to be messengers of peace in this region that has always had trouble, but the parties made them turn into fascist parties with a fetish for power and control. It shouldnt be about the official secterian identity. All lebanese could play part in renovating the maronite peaceful message including sunnis and shias, because I lost hope in the canton extremist christians of jabal lubnan. The other lebanese should help renovate the maronite message.
    None of those generalizations are helpful, and this type of thinking eventually creates even more sectarian conflict and tension.

- there are good reasons why HA has weapons in the first place and why it doesn't just hand them
    - there are good reasons why Sunnis and others are afraid of such weapons
    - there are good reasons why Christians resort to isolation

It ultimately all comes down to fear and the absence of a centralized authority that can guaranty the right and safety of the people. So the people naturally resort to their tribal instincts for protection.

If someones ventures into this swamp without considering all of this, he/she is indirectly strengthening the grip of the system.

Silence

Silence

Orange Room Supporter
    A quick look at the final results shows:
    The 4 independents of Tripoli2022 got between 2100-2900 votes (lowest - highest)
    the MMfD candidate 950
    The winners: 15900 - 19000
    average loosers from Miqati/Hariri list : between 13000 - 15500
    Christians - 14500 - 15100 (edit corrected didn't know that Mobayed is Christian )
    Ahdab 4900
    So it was tight overall
    Civil society independents still weak but existent
    No indication of christian teshtib, they lost within the upper side average of the loosers

Last edited:
    Abotareq93

Abotareq93

Legendary Member
    انتهى بشكل رسمي فرز الاصوات وتم ختم ملف النتائج في سرايا طرابلس وتحويلها الى وزارة الداخلية في بيروت، والنتيجة النهائية هي 16 عضواً من لائحة "قرار طرابلس" و8 من لائحة لطرابلس، وباسم بخاش آخر الناجحين.

العهد
    بخاش نجح؟ الحمدلله، هيدا طرابلسي أصلي

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    المطران جورج ابو جودة: اتصلت بالوزير ريفي واعطيته 3 اسماء ورفض اسماً رفضاً مطلقاً ولم يأخذ الاسماء الثلاثة

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    This video abt the tripoli elections made me cum 3 times and got me pregnant