Trump’s election consultants filmed saying they use bribes and sex workers to entrap politicians

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Right where did I say you approved of this? I just questioned what you found to be normal! And that "politically aware people already knew" ... So you knew that trump was going to run for president since 2014 for example? Or that they tested slogans like drain the swamp and crooked Hilary back then as well? Granted there are some stuff such as bribes and extortion that are common in third world country politics that companies such as this one benefit greatly from... But what's new in this case is the massive targeted advertising coupled with data on each and every voter! But okay cool it's just journalists hyping up their investigation :)

The only one with a nasty attitude here is you though, as expected you could not help yourself but go low!
You have no shame.

• Advertisement
  • Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    I do not care what a hyperpartisan Senate committee said -- I care about a special counsel investigation and about what US intelligence agencies say.
    As you wis
    Dirty tactics in politics are old but current technology give them a new devastating effect and reach. Between mass psychological profiling, surveillance technology, selective exposure to information, and a new generation hooked on electronics since age 2-3... for first time in history it is possible to mass produce puppets on a large scale. This is not old news by any means.

More attention need to be directed at the sophistication of manipulation techniques (which still is not fully understood), as well as the extent these techniques are used on (often innocent) individuals - not just groups for marketing purposes or politicians.

Big data tech + lack of privacy + manipulation of information exposure = unprecedented historic threat to liberties.
    How does it threaten liberties?

Tech + data plays you like a yoyo, true, but ur liberties are not under attack. As for lack of privacy just delete ur facebook account or even better put nonesense on it that forsnt relate to unin any way.

Imagine you are a vietnamese klan member who i dentifies as a cantaloupe, let them mine that shit :)

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    Right where did I say you approved of this? I just questioned what you found to be normal! And that "politically aware people already knew" ... So you knew that trump was going to run for president since 2014 for example? Or that they tested slogans like drain the swamp and crooked Hilary back then as well? Granted there are some stuff such as bribes and extortion that are common in third world country politics that companies such as this one benefit greatly from... But what's new in this case is the massive targeted advertising coupled with data on each and every voter! But okay cool it's just journalists hyping up their investigation :)

The only one with a nasty attitude here is you though, as expected you could not help yourself but go low!
    Whatever you heard them claim on video might just be a sales tactic to try to land this Srilankan account.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Whatever you heard them claim on video might just be a sales tactic to try to land this Srilankan account.
    They claimed they were trying to flush out if the Sri Lankans were interested in anything illegal so they would reject them as clients lol! So unfortunately their "defense" does not fit with this narrative!

Also is that why the company is currently under investigation in 2 countries, and Facebook was asked for their side of this ? Also fired the guy who was taking in these videos?

Seriously I don't understand this focus on diminishing the impact this company had on some very serious elections and the rest of the real world since they saddled us with trump!

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    1 "Mueller is a registered Republican" - I heard speculation, but did not see the proof.
    2 "who was appointed by a Republican" - whoever do you mean?
    3 "who was appointed by Trump himself" - depends on your answer to #2
    4 check Mueller's team of lawyers - each and everyone of them is hardcore Clinton's donor.
    1- What constitutes as "proof"? I am not the DMV, I cannot get you his voter registration card to show you that he registered as a Republican, but I can point you to news articles that say he's a registered Republican, as well as point to his appointments by Reagan and the Bushes, and by Rosenstein.
    2- Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein
    3- Rod Rosenstein was appointed by Trump
    4- Each and everyone of them? Nope. Only 9 people donated money to Clinton, and I wouldn't claim "hardcore" unless you think giving $250 to Clinton is considered being a "hardcore" donor. That doesn't matter, though. Mueller is a Republican and they all work under his direction; besides, it was a Republican who picked this many Democrats to work under him and he saw no issues pertaining to compromised integrity. Not to mention that Mueller has fired lawyer Peter Strzok for texts disparaging Trump, demonstrating his integrity and lack of bias. Also, many Republicans are working under Mueller, whose identities will not be made public, that are not just limited to his team of lawyers. FBI agents who actually do the investigations typically lean Republican (as all law enforcement agencies). Contrast with House Intelligence Committee where Republicans drafted their statement with no input from the Committee's sitting Democrats. If you can find me proof that Mueller and his team sidelined Republicans and did not listen and take into account their inputs, I'll equate between the two. Most importantly, the Justice Department prohibits discrimination on the basis of political affiliation. While this may cause an optical problem for Mueller, there is nothing that makes me mistrust his work, especially given his reputation.

Last edited:
    D

Death To Google

As you wis

How does it threaten liberties?

Tech + data plays you like a yoyo, true, but ur liberties are not under attack. As for lack of privacy just delete ur facebook account or even better put nonesense on it that forsnt relate to unin any way.

Imagine you are a vietnamese klan member who i dentifies as a cantaloupe, let them mine that shit :)
    Come on :) If you wanna defend this stuff, you going to need more convincing arguments than this.

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    You do realize the content of the video actually exonerates Clinton of rigging Palestinian elections, right?

Transcript: "I do not think we should've pushed or an election in the Palestinian territories. I think that was a big mistake. And IF we were gunna push for an election then we should have made sure that we did something to determine who was gunna win."

Unless you do not comprehend English...

D

Death To Google

lol u claimed that it threatens liberties, u defend ur argument bruh :)
    There is no point at which you consider the extent of manipulation threatens liberty ?
    What if your child was personally subject to this kind of manipulation from an early age, to the point of shaping his personality before he is even an adult?

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    There is no point at which you consider the extent of manipulation threatens liberty ?
    What if your child was personally subject to this kind of manipulation from an early age, to the point of shaping his personality before he is even an adult?
    What do you my child will be manipulated?
    Do u mean targeted advertising? Do you mean youtube showing u only ine flavor of videos because their algorithms suffer from tunnel vidion? Do you mean dsta scientist using there angsty fb or intagram posts to try and see where their votes will go in 10 years?

None of these threaten liberties.
    Liberties are threatened when one day youtube wontnallow you to upload a video because its right wing, or twitter wint allow you to post because u didnt use an all inclusive pronoun..

If this is not wat u mean, then by jobe do explain urself moar :)

D

Death To Google

Do u mean targeted advertising? Do you mean youtube showing u only ine flavor of videos because their algorithms suffer from tunnel vidion? Do you mean dsta scientist using there angsty fb or intagram posts to try and see where their votes will go in 10 years?

Liberties are threatened when one day youtube wontnallow you to upload a video because its right wing, or twitter wint allow you to post because u didnt use an all inclusive pronoun..

Strawmans. If am to indulge this arguments, need more stimulating material :)
    Suffice to say that the potential for power abuse of new techs is truly astronomical and unprecedented. Do you disagree there? And what you mentioned about liberties is already the case (see this site).

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Strawmans. If am to indulge this arguments, need more stimulating material :)
    Suffice to say that the potential for power abuse of new techs is truly astronomical and unprecedented. Do you disagree there? And what you mentioned about liberties is already the case (see this site).
    Nop not strawman, and nop i dont think they have astronomical power abuse potential.

U dont like a service? Dont use it. Every company has terms of use.
    I've asked twice slready to give me an example of how your liberties are threatened, still waiting :)

Maybe u'd like a pic of me in a bikini to stimulate u more? :D

D

Death To Google

U dont like a service? Dont use it. Every company has terms of use.
    I've asked twice slready to give me an example of how your liberties are threatened, still waiting :)
    Liberty is intrinsically tied to distribution of power and wealth. You can't have liberty when the latter becomes too centralized, it is impossible.
    These technologies as they are being used without any checks balances or regulations contribute even further to the centralization of power and wealth, and thus the erosion of liberties.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter

You do realise that this right wing leftwing nonsense is manufactured right? SJWs screaming and alt right nutjobs are in the highlight only to manipulate public opinion even further! This is why I don't subscribe to these notions!

You have caricatures of people getting pushed forward by trolls on either side of the isle and they are somehow supposed to represent actual people!

Let's's say you're a conspiracy theorist masalan who subscribes to the idea of a deep state being in existence, people that manipulate the world from behind the scenes... And then you have someone like donald trump coming at you with shiny slogans like lock her up, deep state, and drain the swamp, and you start thinking hmm he's an outsider to the political crowd... You get manipulated into thinking that someone like donald trump would actually be good for your country!

what is wrong in this scenario is that they are catering a narrative on social media specific to people's interests and manufacturing more division in the process! Like how it turned out that the majority of sjw/ alt right pages on Twitter that were pushing the most ridiculous bullshit were russian trolls! This is where perspective should matter and your ability to make a choice is suddenly diminished!

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Liberty is intrinsically tied to distribution of power and wealth. You can't have liberty when the latter becomes too centralized, it is impossible.
    These technologies as they are being used without any checks balances or regulations contribute even further to the centralization of power and wealth, and thus the erosion of liberties.
    There are plenty of regulations, anti-trust committees and most importantly market competion that when put together ensure that your rights are not shunned.

There is, for now, no instance of lberties being shunned due to big tech.

The only tjing that is gonna need regulation in the coming years is AI powered services. But people are already on it and i have posted a thread abt it u can check it in the science part of the forum

D

Death To Google

... your ability to make a choice is suddenly diminished!
    Well explained. This part could be better said as; The ability to make a choice is always there, but the margin of choices or what options one has to chose from is diminished :)

There are plenty of regulations, anti-trust committees and most importantly market competion that when put together ensure that your rights are not shunned.

There is, for now, no instance of lberties being shunned due to big tech.

The only tjing that is gonna need regulation in the coming years is AI powered services. But people are already on it and i have posted a thread abt it u can check it in the science part of the forum
    No matter how many regulations, they are failing because both electoral candidates and the voters are being played like puppets.

There needs regulations for privacy also. How small drops of data can be reconstructed into more wholesome and useful big data.
    State of privacy in general is unacceptable.

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    You do realise that this right wing leftwing nonsense is manufactured right? SJWs screaming and alt right nutjobs are in the highlight only to manipulate public opinion even further! This is why I don't subscribe to these notions!

You have caricatures of people getting pushed forward by trolls on either side of the isle and they are somehow supposed to represent actual people!

Let's's say you're a conspiracy theorist masalan who subscribes to the idea of a deep state being in existence, people that manipulate the world from behind the scenes... And then you have someone like donald trump coming at you with shiny slogans like lock her up, deep state, and drain the swamp, and you start thinking hmm he's an outsider to the political crowd... You get manipulated into thinking that someone like donald trump would actually be good for your country!

what is wrong in this scenario is that they are catering a narrative on social media specific to people's interests and manufacturing more division in the process! Like how it turned out that the majority of sjw/ alt right pages on Twitter that were pushing the most ridiculous bullshit were russian trolls! This is where perspective should matter and your ability to make a choice is suddenly diminished!
    First off am talking strictly abt the technside of things. Using data and ML to extract info from that data is in no way a threat to personal liberties. That was the point i was trying to get across.

Now i used the youtube and twitter examples to illustrate how terms of use or human exploitation of tech can limit liberties and not the other way around.

SJWs and alt-rights are out there. Trolls as u called them did target their messages to those people. Thats social engineering. Whats the difference if they had sent pamphlets or bought ads..

Iron Maiden

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
    Orange Room Supporter
    Well explained. This part could be better said as; The ability to make a choice is always there, but the margin of choices or what options one has to chose from is diminished :)

No matter how many regulations, they are failing because both electoral candidates and the voters are being played like puppets.

There needs regulations for privacy also. How small drops of data can be reconstructed into more wholesome and useful big data.
    State of privacy in general is unacceptable.
    Let me ask u something, i can crawl this whole forum, mine as much data as i want and build profiles for each user, and send erotic messages to each one according to their profile.

How will that limit your liberties in any way?

PS: am kidding O great super penguin am not gonna do that :)

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    First off am talking strictly abt the technside of things. Using data and ML to extract info from that data is in no way a threat to personal liberties. That was the point i was trying to get across.

Now i used the youtube and twitter examples to illustrate how terms of use or human exploitation of tech can limit liberties and not the other way around.

SJWs and alt-rights are out there. Trolls as u called them did target their messages to those people. Thats social engineering. Whats the difference if they had sent pamphlets or bought ads..
    The difference is a minority of people are having the loudest media coverage to create a false sense of majority... How many people do you know in real life who subscribe to the idea that there are 50 genders for example? 0! That's how many! Yet people somehow keep raging about that all over the internet!

And this goes both ways as well! I don't know a single conservative who is a racist nutjob talking about how guns are great and we should arm teachers, granted that's a us thing but I don't believe they are a majority!

We are getting manipulated into thinking that the enemy is the other person with these false ideals and that our values in society are getting threatened... This has long bypassed the united states, they tried the same tactics in France in our last elections where the focus was not each candidate's programs or planned course of action but rather what they represented... Like the repeat Macron big money, deep state, bankers Vs le Pen the racist, extreme right, ultra conservative!

The lines between reality and fiction are quite blurred as well where fake news catches on like wildfire getting pushed by specific targeting in the case of CA as well (they bragged about it) to people who are meant to get outraged by this... When you are angry at someone, an idea or some thing, it gets a lot easier to leave logic aside and think solely with your emotions!

What has won these elections for trump and what continues to give him support is the fact that reality doesn't matter anymore... It's that people got manipulated into believing their liberal friends or cousins or whatever are far more dangerous to their way of life than say China or Russia... You want to call this social engineering be my guest, I call this manipulation!

Reality should matter, the truth should be the driving force behind our choices! And people should not be this easy to manipulate... Yet this is the reality we now live in!