Trump’s election consultants filmed saying they use bribes and sex workers to entrap politicians

D

Death To Google

In 2012 FB had offered your personal data to Obama campaign for free and dataset was much bigger than that of Trump's.
Too bad for Trump and Obama, I do not vote in US :)
My concern on this topic is use of data put out to the apparently "public internet" in general.

• Advertisement
  • proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    Too bad for Trump and Obama, I do not vote in US :)
    My concern on this topic is use of data put out to the apparently "public internet" in general.
    Then let me ask you this - when you were in the process of creating account did you read the FB disclaimer before you agreed to it?

D

Death To Google

Then let me ask you this - when you were in the process of creating account did you read the FB disclaimer before you agreed to it?
    Its not only about facebook. There are a million ways to get data and combine them and use that for malicious goals. Doesn't that cause you any concern as a citizen ?

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    Its not only about facebook. There are a million ways to get data and combine them and use that for malicious goals. Doesn't that cause you any concern as a citizen ?
    It does, but I do not see any feasible solution to this problem. Besides, sometime it may prove to be beneficial.

As to data itself, it is not very damaging if exposed - your name and address and email address alone (and that's what's shared) are not enough to put you in danger.

D

Death To Google

It does, but I do not see any feasible solution to this problem. Besides, sometime it may prove to be beneficial.
    In sometime it may, agreed. But right now, it is being used the opposite.

As to data itself, it is not very damaging if exposed - your name and address and email address alone (and that's what's shared) are not enough to put you in danger.
    Danger is the least of my worries. I think it comes with Lebanon :)

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    "SJWs are a marginal minority" (apparently) but they have the power to divert the government's attention to silliness such as this (and succeed): Critics mock Service Canada’s move to gender-neutral language | Toronto Star

Also note in the article that the president of Quebec's Women Federation is a born-male transgender.

The fact that these people have infiltrated all segments of society and are relentlessly re-engineering what works fine for %99.99 of the population is clearly "fake news."

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Everything mentioned in this video was already being done for commercial advertising purposes. A few articles were published back then, decrying the practice, but the outrage didn't go further. It was definitely not on all mainstream news outlets like it is now.

The fact that they're presenting this as some new development is preposterous.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    In sometime it may, agreed. But right now, it is being used the opposite.

Danger is the least of my worries. I think it comes with Lebanon :)
    "danger is least of my worries" - not physical danger, but identity theft that could lead to a lot of various headaches.

"But right now, it is being used the opposite" - how so?

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Before people misconstrue my posts as supportive of Trump or of such methods...

My point is that these things have been going on for a while now. While a few people were sounding the alarms, about the dangers and excesses of new technologies, the media and governments stayed mostly silent. Only now, when someone they dislike got into the game with them, they "woke up" and decided to "investigate and denounce."

Most of the people decrying what's happening had a hand in building this reality. But, as usual, it is easier to point the finger at a scapegoat than to do some soul searching.

D

Death To Google

Trump is of the government and the media that got him there is the most cutting edge of media used in election.
    It is not about Trump vs Obama or alt-right vs SJWs, these are false dichotomies and product of how the media manipulation works
    Right now establishment wants to promote alt-right ideologies, so they push them while also pushing ridiculous caricature versions of the ideological opposites.
    Tomorrow, it might be the other way around.
    No one on either side of that fence should feel that criticism of datamining, surveillance, and manipulation target their side only.
    The extent, reach and effectiveness is growing fast. This growth is not merely a quantiative difference but also a qualitative one.
    So it is worth ringing of the alarm bells if one wants to be an activist on this issue :)

D

Death To Google

"danger is least of my worries" - not physical danger, but identity theft that could lead to a lot of various headaches.
    Whatever the form of danger and headaches they would not make a difference in the bigger picture, so there is no motive to pursue them and chances are that would be counterproductive.
    Feasible solutions to the privacy issue exist when there is a will for them.

Isabella

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    "SJWs are a marginal minority" (apparently) but they have the power to divert the government's attention to silliness such as this (and succeed): Critics mock Service Canada’s move to gender-neutral language | Toronto Star

Also note in the article that the president of Quebec's Women Federation is a born-male transgender.

The fact that these people have infiltrated all segments of society and are relentlessly re-engineering what works fine for %99.99 of the population is clearly "fake news."
    Yeah i get that you like raging about SJWs and transgender people but what does this have to do with this thread or the topic in question? It seems like you have an issue with a specific post of mine, so next time quote it instead of acting in a passive aggressive manner :)

Dovmach

Dovmach

It's fun to see that old, rich and smart guys falling for this honeytraps like 15 years old. I guess man never change. Maybe i would fall for that too, who knows. And i was always wondering how these old mummies are sexually active? Are they using pharmaciegenerique.fr or just cocaine to be able to get things done?