Trump, an underrated comedic genius?

Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Because he's always at the center of controversy, I think Trump's sense of humor goes often underappreciated.

In this thread we celebrate the president's most LOL-worthy moments, from his witty responses to reporters, savage put-downs, and ridiculously-funny twitter feuds.
Please note that this is not a Trump-bashing thread and I'm gonna ask for @loubnaniTO's and @SeaAb's assistance to ensure it doesn't turn into one.

• Advertisement
  • Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    My favorite is when reporters pressed him on his handling of the pandemic:

"You're actually sitting too close," Trump said at one point. "Really, we should probably get rid of about 75, 80 percent of you. I'll have just two or three of you that I like in this room.

Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove

Nuclear War Expert
    Staff member
    Please note that this is not a Trump-bashing thread and I'm gonna ask for @loubnaniTO's and @SeaAb's assistance to ensure it doesn't turn into one.
    Trump bashing will be considered off-topic and will be deleted (within the limits of reason and good taste).

loubnaniTO

loubnaniTO

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin
    As a moderator, i will happily oblige and make sure this thread remains clean and does not turn into a trump-bashing thread as requested by the CREATOR of this thread @AtheistForJesus :D. But to clarify, my moderation of this thread and my refraining from posting in this thread should not be construed as me finding him funny. I will keep my biased opinion aside and try to moderate fairly. Thank you! :)

Manifesto

Manifesto

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    But to clarify, my moderation of this thread and my refraining from posting in this thread should not be construed as me finding him funny.
    This part wasn't really necessary in my opinion. But thanks, anyway.

Muki

Muki

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    My favorite is when reporters pressed him on his handling of the pandemic:

"You're actually sitting too close," Trump said at one point. "Really, we should probably get rid of about 75, 80 percent of you. I'll have just two or three of you that I like in this room.

Reporter: "Any guidance for Congress?"
    Trump: "I know all of them."

B

baublebake

"Trump's sense of humor -- just take it or leave it!
    Because he's always at the center of controversy, I think Trump's sense of humor goes often underappreciated."

My Moria Moon

My Moria Moon

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    And here's one of my favorites

NewLeb

NewLeb

In attempting to explain Trump’s mannerisms and general approach to politics, it was once asserted by Jewish American radio host Howard Stern that Trump must have been traumatized as a child. We tend to agree with his hypothesis, as it would certainly explain a lot about Trump’s overall character, and those who are so taken aback by it.

Indeed, it really explains why he may say or do things that will shock and leave many flabbergasted, especially people from the later generations. In an age where males are raised by their mothers and are comfortably sheltered at home playing video games all day, it makes sense as to why a lot of individuals would perceive him the way that they do. Simply, they haven’t been through the life shocks that he has.

This is why a common attack against Trump is his lack of “book” knowledge. Unlike Obama, Trump isn’t a nerd. And these days, most men tend to be effeminate nerds, which is why they are always blasting Trump for his lack of academic knowledge. These are the same people who may have 2 or 3 PHDs, yet still find themselves in debt and with no girlfriend.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    Looks like some Moderators took it upon themselves to decide what's humor and what's not.

Hey, whoever you are, stick to Forum rules and do not try to invent your own.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    In attempting to explain Trump’s mannerisms and general approach to politics, it was once asserted by Jewish American radio host Howard Stern that Trump must have been traumatized as a child. We tend to agree with his hypothesis, as it would certainly explain a lot about Trump’s overall character, and those who are so taken aback by it.

Indeed, it really explains why he may say or do things that will shock and leave many flabbergasted, especially people from the later generations. In an age where males are raised by their mothers and are comfortably sheltered at home playing video games all day, it makes sense as to why a lot of individuals would perceive him the way that they do. Simply, they haven’t been through the life shocks that he has.

This is why a common attack against Trump is his lack of “book” knowledge. Unlike Obama, Trump isn’t a nerd. And these days, most men tend to be effeminate nerds, which is why they are always blasting Trump for his lack of academic knowledge. These are the same people who may have 2 or 3 PHDs, yet still find themselves in debt and with no girlfriend.
    "These are the same people who may have 2 or 3 PHDs, yet still find themselves in debt and with no girlfriend" - and one more problem, many do not even know how to use their PHDs.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    Trump bashing will be considered off-topic and will be deleted (within the limits of reason and good taste).
    I support Trump and I want him to be reelected, but why do you forbid bashing (or praising) Trump - let people speak.

BTW, bashing makes one stronger, think of quenched steel.

Orangina

Orangina

Legendary Member
    I support Trump and I want him to be reelected, but why do you forbid bashing (or praising) Trump - let people speak.

BTW, bashing makes one stronger, think of quenched steel.
    I did not like what you posted about re electing trump

I just like the sentence of "let people speak"....because I believe in freedom of speech

as @Isabella says ..Thank you, come again :)

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    I did not like what you posted about re electing trump

I just like the sentence of "let people speak"....because I believe in freedom of speech

as @Isabella says ..Thank you, come again :)
    I do not like what you did not like, but I respect your right to not like what I like.