• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Trump Announces "Middle East Peace Plan"

• Advertisement
  • proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    You've asked. :p
    Oh yes, I remember now - you wanted to know whether it is difficult or not to determine who can stay and who should go.
    I used the question to demonstrate that it is easy, but I really never cared about truthful answer - just as an example.

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

أعلنت الإعلامية اللبنانية راغدة درغام، أنها مع توطين الفلسطينيين بلبنان، في موقف لافت لا ينسجم مع توجهات الرأي العام والحكومة اللبنانية.

وقالت درغام في مقابلة تلفزيونية، إن "رفض التوطين في لبنان لا علاقة له بالوطنية"، مشيرة إلى أن موقفها نابع من إيمانها ببسط الدولة سيادتها على كافة الأراضي اللبنانية.

وأشارت إلى أن الأوضاع التي يعيش فيها الفلسطينيون في المخيمات غير مقبولة إنسانيا، مؤكدة أن عودتهم إلى فلسطين بعد نكبة 1948 غير واردة، إلا إذا أقيمت دولة فلسطين على الأراضي الفلسطينية، الأمر المطروح أمامهم في "صفقة القرن"، وفق تعبيرها.

وبينما قالت درغام إن رفض التوطين بلبنان سببه الوحيد المعادلات الطائفية في البلد، اقترحت "تأجيل إعطاء الفلسطينيين حق التصويت إلى 20 أو 25 سنة بعد تجنيسهم، كحل لتبديد هذه المخاوف الطائفية".

وراغدة درغام، هي صحفية ومحللة سياسية لبنانية أمريكية، عملت على مدى سنوات كبيرة للمراسلين الدبلوماسيين في الأمم المتحدة، كما كتبت في عدد كبير من الصحف العربية والأجنبية.

keep on dreaming bright eyes.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    "Many Arab and African countries are “coming to grips with the realization that the Palestinian issue … is not in their national interest.”"

"... When eight Arab countries gathered in 1967 in Khartoum, Sudan, to condemn Israel just months after the Six-Day War and announce what became known as the “Three No’s” — no peace, no recognition, no negotiations — none of them could have imagined that 53 years later, Sudan’s leader would go out of his way to meet an Israeli leader to say “yes” to establishing diplomatic relations ..."

SAVO

SAVO

- جدول أعمال المسؤول الأميركي كان حافلاً بما يتصل بما تفترضه الولايات المتحدة حصة لبنان من «صفقة القرن»، وفيه استفاقة أميركية على حقوق اللاجئين الفلسطينيين في لبنان، والضغط على الحكومة اللبنانية للشروع في خطوات رسمية تهدف إلى تعديل الوضع المعيشي والسكني للاجئين الفلسطينيين، وإلغاء القوانين التي تمنع عليهم الحقوق المدنية العادية. وتستهدف هذه الاستفاقة إلغاء المخيمات ومنع أي وضع أمني أو عسكري خاص لهؤلاء.

i agree with americans on this ..

!Aoune32

!Aoune32

- جدول أعمال المسؤول الأميركي كان حافلاً بما يتصل بما تفترضه الولايات المتحدة حصة لبنان من «صفقة القرن»، وفيه استفاقة أميركية على حقوق اللاجئين الفلسطينيين في لبنان، والضغط على الحكومة اللبنانية للشروع في خطوات رسمية تهدف إلى تعديل الوضع المعيشي والسكني للاجئين الفلسطينيين، وإلغاء القوانين التي تمنع عليهم الحقوق المدنية العادية. وتستهدف هذه الاستفاقة إلغاء المخيمات ومنع أي وضع أمني أو عسكري خاص لهؤلاء.

not saying that our people and our politicians are not to blame for the stand off but you understand that the Yankees want Lebanon to naturalise the Palos right? They want them to remain on our land.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member

Why do you agree with the Americans on this? This would indirectly facilitate Tawteen. And that is not possible even if we go hungry and eat leaves from trees. Our country/land is not for sale. Economic hardship will not make us sell our country. Let Trump shove his plan of the century wrapped in a dollar note. When refugees are spread on your land and living perpetually, what would happen? How do you control their activities?

I think the only reason to improve their living conditions, aside the humanitarian one, is to help them have the economic strength to leave Lebanon to richer Arab countries that can take them in. Otherwise, no deal is going to work. If Saudi Arabia uses 40% (ten percent of what it donates to Trump for toy ammunitions), the Palestinian refugee crisis (not only in Lebanon but elsewhere too) would be solved. But they are not serious in solving the Palestinian - Israehelli conflict. They want manufactured solutions at the expense of others.

And the Lebanese government should ensure that there is some law or mechanism in place that doesn't allow those of them who migrate to return after they leave. I know a Palestinian who's well learned and work abroad. He has a little money too to settle anywhere else. But he still takes Lebanon for a base. He returns and holiday here just like Lebanese expats do and his family is based here. I don't even know how he managed to buy a house legally. There is also a lack of will to leave.

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    not saying that our people and our politicians are not to blame for the stand off but you understand that the Yankees want Lebanon to naturalise the Palos right? They want them to remain on our land.
    Who doesn't know that our economic problems are at least 50% foreign cause? Even if our economic are 100% Lebanese fault, the reason for no solution is 100% foreign. We know they want to use our poor economy to force us sell our country to refugees. And it is for the Lebanese to choose between hardship and selling their country. I and my family would rather eat leaves from trees than sell our country for money. No to Tawteen.

SAVO

SAVO

how many lebanese are living abroad and how many are waiting to emigrate ?
    i suggest that the same law applied on palestinians in lebanon being applied on lebanese abroad ..
    add to that the abolish of dual citizenship .

there is something called the "declaraion of human rights " and lebanon signed on it ..
    the refugee issue is a political issue like the case of all refugees around the world.. but that doesnt mean to make them live in unhuman condition and under unhuman laws ..
    supporting the right of return is one thing .. but treating palestinians in a racist and unhuman matter under the exuse of the right of return s something different ..

SAVO

SAVO

i keep my position regarding palestinian refugees issues ..

they can have a temporally permit of stay as palestinian refugees .. and they live under this status in lebanon .. but all discriminatory laws must be lifted and refugees camps must be abolished .. they should be distributed to different parts of lebanon and they must not permitted to hold any weapon or organize in armed milithia , till their status be resolved within an agreement with the palestinian authority and leadership .

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    its not me but your govern who support the 2 state solution ..

View attachment 17652
    One state or two state or no state solution, as a Lebanese, I do not want to see my tiny country shaken by a shift in demographics. And the people in question already played a role in the civil war. Settling them in Lebanon as citizens means the end to Lebanon as we've known it to be and more future crises. We are economically and politically not suitable to naturalize them. I have nothing against the Palestinians and I sympathise with their plight. But you can't try to solve your brother's problem and compound yours. It doesn't make sense.

SAVO

SAVO

One state or two state or no state solution, as a Lebanese, I do not want to see my tiny country shaken by a shift in demographics. And the people in question already played a role in the civil war. Settling them in Lebanon as citizens means the end to Lebanon as we've known it to be and more future crises. We are economically and politically not suitable to naturalize them. I have nothing against the Palestinians and I sympathise with their plight. But you can't try to solve your brother's problem and compound yours. It doesn't make sense.
    you have 250 000 human being living on lebanon soil and they are descriminated by the laws of a country member of UN and who have signed on human rights charts ...
    u have no choice dude ..

SAVO

SAVO

you have 250 000 human being living on lebanon soil and they are descriminated by the laws of a country member of UN and who have signed on human rights charts ...
    u have no choice dude ..till you find a solution for their issue .. start to treat them as human and give them the basic human rights in working, living , and education... the same rights that lebanese immigrants get in every country they emigrate to ..

Rafidi

Rafidi

Legendary Member
    u have no choice dude ..
    Well, we do have a choice. I am not against treating Palestinians with dignity, respect and humanely. But no to naturalization. And they will remain in their camps. Treating them better means they should also disarm, respect Lebanon's sovereignty and allow our army control in their camps. Don't forget they're acting like outlaws and they're armed on foreign soil. My mom was robbed close to a camp and the culprits took flight into one of those camps.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
    @NewLeb, just an FYI - I randomly picked this thread to let you know that thread "Is Extreme Right-Wing Terrorism on the Rise?" is locked, I can no longer reply to your posts.

NewLeb

NewLeb

@NewLeb, just an FYI - I randomly picked this thread to let you know that thread "Is Extreme Right-Wing Terrorism on the Rise?" is locked, I can no longer reply to your posts.
    Yeah, well, we were going way off topic. But no worries, I’ll soon create a thread that gravitates towards that subject-matter. ;)