Elections Trusted Experience - A vote for SeaAb is a vote for You.

SeaAb

Staff member
Super Penguin
Last year, the elections were cancelled and I was part of the team picked by Jo to fill this post because not enough candidates volunteered at the time. That was not how i wanted to get the position, but nonetheless, it was my privilege to serve all you Oroomers. From the first moment i became a mod, i strived to be as impartial and professional in my moderating decisions as i can be. I believe speech should not be censored unless it includes threats, personal attacks or promoting terrorism. In those cases, extreme measures will be taken. My aim was and will always be to keep the Oroom open and free for all opposing point of views. I am not here to judge or persuade anyone to adhere to my values. You will always be free to post whatever you believe in.

If you vote for me, you will vote for someone who:
  • Does not judge a post based on their own personal convictions. As an example, I love GMA but i would never delete a post attacking him. I believe mods should be able to read negative posts and just move on. This is a platform for FPMers and nonFPMers alike. We are all equals here.
  • Does not flex their modding powers. In discussions i participate in, i prefer to report posts in question and let another mod decide on them objectively.
  • Fight for your rights behind the scenes. I will oppose any new measures that restrict your freedom of speech. I tolerate mockery and trolling, within reason, and do not believe those should be censored.
  • Fair and balanced. I give warnings before issuing thread bans. In those instances, and if you feel that you were wrongfully targeted, you can contact a SuperMod and have him or her take another look at my decision. We all make mistakes. I won't let my ego stand in the way of fairness.
  • Listens to your criticism. If you have any reservations about how things are run in the Oroom, i will always be available to listen to you and try hard to accommodate your concerns. My aim will always be about the Oroom's well-being.
The Oroom is a second home for all of us. If you want to keep the Oroom a platform for everyone, a platform that tolerates all ideas and a platform of coexistence, vote for SeaAb.

@Isabella Can i have my poem now? :cigar:

• Advertisement
  • Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    In 2015 in the month of aab
    Lebanon was going through a garbage crisis
    And I met Mr @SeaAb
    Through the protests and the failed revolution
    I became increasingly angry and mired in confusion
    Seaab was calm cool and collected :p
    Made me respect once again the party I rejected!
    Was getting ganged up on, left and right
    But seaab was a welcomed sight!
    He has always been so much fun!
    Witty, smart and everything good under the sun :p
    His doggie videos brighten up everyone's day
    And as a moderator he was a okay!
    Always on the lookout on social media
    For the funniest post and the most hysterical idea
    I like him so much I'd even vote for bassil
    If he asked me for it, I'd even read the posts of @eile!
    We tried him last year, let's make it last!
    vote @SeaAb and do it fast!

good luck 😘 you can count on my vote

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Last year, the elections were cancelled and I was part of the team picked by Jo to fill this post because not enough candidates volunteered at the time. That was not how i wanted to get the position, but nonetheless, it was my privilege to serve all you Oroomers. From the first moment i became a mod, i strived to be as impartial and professional in my moderating decisions as i can be. I believe speech should not be censored unless it includes threats, personal attacks or promoting terrorism. In those cases, extreme measures will be taken. My aim was and will always be to keep the Oroom open and free for all opposing point of views. I am not here to judge or persuade anyone to adhere to my values. You will always be free to post whatever you believe in.

If you vote for me, you will vote for someone who:
    • Does not judge a post based on their own personal convictions. As an example, I love GMA but i would never delete a post attacking him. I believe mods should be able to read negative posts and just move on. This is a platform for FPMers and nonFPMers alike. We are all equals here.
    • Does not flex their modding powers. In discussions i participate in, i prefer to report posts in question and let another mod decide on them objectively.
    • Fight for your rights behind the scenes. I will oppose any new measures that restrict your freedom of speech. I tolerate mockery and trolling, within reason, and do not believe those should be censored.
    • Fair and balanced. I give warnings before issuing thread bans. In those instances, and if you feel that you were wrongfully targeted, you can contact a SuperMod and have him or her take another look at my decision. We all make mistakes. I won't let my ego stand in the way of fairness.
    • Listens to your criticism. If you have any reservations about how things are run in the Oroom, i will always be available to listen to you and try hard to accommodate your concerns. My aim will always be about the Oroom's well-being.
    The Oroom is a second home for all of us. If you want to keep the Oroom a platform for everyone, a platform that tolerates all ideas and a platform of coexistence, vote for SeaAb.

@Isabella Can i have my poem now? :cigar:
    Exactly the opposite of bassil, you share nothing with him still you are a fan.
    Would you care clarify this ??? :D

manifesto

At a time when candidates are making big promises to woo voters - some flexing their coding skills, and some going as far to suggest a reputation system (what the hell is that?) - SeaAb proposes a program that's simple, fresh, and easy to implement.
    I was especially sold on his promise to tolerate a healthy dose of trolling and ridicule.
    Because let's face it, what's the forum without a bit of sassiness?

@SeaAb, you have my unwavering support.

Last edited:

Nonan

Given all the controversy in some of the other threads, are we going to have an election or في تمديد ؟

Muki

Orange Room Supporter
    A vote for Muki would be a vote for me, but in my opinion you should be appointed Bassil-style. You've earned it.

And for sure you got my vote. You may add "Endorsed by the Muki Campaign" to your candidate profile.

Op, you're a good person so allow me to say this the nicest way possible; you ****ing suck as a mod and you're a censorship machine.

You shouldn't even be a mod, you're like Gebran Bassil pre-2018; never won an election but always getting appointed.