UK bans Hezbollah, classifies it as terrorist

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain said on Monday it would ban Hezbollah, adding the Lebanese Shi’ite group in its entirety to its list of banned terrorist organisations.

“Hezbollah is continuing in its attempts to destabilise the fragile situation in the Middle East – and we are no longer able to distinguish between their already banned military wing and the political party,” Home Secretary (interior minister) Sajid Javid said.

“Because of this, I have taken the decision to proscribe the group in its entirety.”

Britain to ban Lebanon's Hezbollah, class it as terrorism organisation | Reuters

• Advertisement
  • Ice Tea

Ice Tea

Anyone associated with Hezbollah will be fined £10K and arrested. Australia will likely follow suit. Let's hope that puts pressure on the European Union to do the same.

Skunk

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    Anyone associated with Hezbollah will be fined £10K and arrested. Australia will likely follow suit. Let's hope that puts pressure on the European Union to do the same.
    Some European countries (Netherlands/France) already have the whole organization listed in their Terror groups lists
    UK has no influence anymore nor can 'pressure' the European Union to do the same, even though i would very much wish so.

I just hope us, Lebanese expatriates, living abroad won't pay the price for the actions of our 'honorable compatriots'
    I'm sick already of being questioned at every airport just for holding a Lebanese passport and growing a beard.

Skunk

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    I think that was all a conservative media charade
    i can already see Labour morons condemning this move
    Labour should keep their mouth shut because there are no points to score on this front in the UK

Corbyn sees HA as friends to the UK and Israel the enemy :lol::lol:

Isabella

Isabella

The Queen Of "Bazella"
    Orange Room Supporter
    Lol let's see who can out Christian the other

manifesto

manifesto

I'm fine with classifying Hizbullah as a terrorist organization, as long as they classify Israel as a terrorist state, too.
    There are more human rights violations against Israel than there are against Hizbullah.

Ice Tea

Ice Tea

I'm fine with classifying Hizbullah as a terrorist organization, as long as they classify Israel as a terrorist state, too.
    There are more human rights violations against Israel than there are against Hizbullah.
    Comparing an Islamist group with the country that is close to finding the cure to cancer and contributes to the world more than the rest of the whole region combined? Israel acts only in self defense, Hezbollah is a typical terrorist group that acts out of fanactism.

Skunk

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    Some European countries (Netherlands/France) already have the whole organization listed in their Terror groups lists
    Scratch that
    I thought France already had HA political wing on terror list

L

LVV

UK has no influence anymore nor can 'pressure' the European Union to do the same, even though i would very much wish so.

I just hope us, Lebanese expatriates, living abroad won't pay the price for the actions of our 'honorable compatriots'
    I'm sick already of being questioned at every airport just for holding a Lebanese passport and growing a beard.
    Cut your beard
    France doesn’t consider HA terrorists
    Next time check your information before slandering a Friendly nation

Skunk

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    Cut your beard
    since when is 'considering HA as terrorist' labeled as 'slandering a friendly nation'
    isn't the US a friendly nation in your book then ?

Besides France does consider the military wing as terrorist same as the whole EU

Cut your beard
    no way, the ladies love it

L

LVV

since when is 'considering HA as terrorist' labeled as 'slandering a friendly nation'
    isn't the US a friendly nation in your book then ?

Besides France does consider the military wing as terrorist same as the whole EU
    US position is historical
    Don’t put false information about France 🇫🇷
    France doesn’t consider the political wing as terrorists

Skunk

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    US position is historical
    Don’t put false information about France 🇫🇷
    1- i've corrected my post later in this thread
    2- Historical or not, why what's allowed to the US is not allowed to France ?
    3- UK is a friendly nation too and provides support and aid to Lebanon annually

L

LVV

1- i've corrected my post later in this thread
    2- Historical or not, why what's allowed to the US is not allowed to France ?
    3- UK is a friendly nation too and provides support and aid to Lebanon annually
    UK is the follower of Crusader USA
    France and Europe has different politics

Indie

Indie

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    It's already happening. I know people who are having trouble depositing their own money in Lebanese banks, or transferring sums abroad.

Skunk

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    Cut your beard

dude i think this tweet about Macron today is fake as i couldn't find the statement on foreign media

read this:
    Hezbollah

this confirms what i already 'thought' or maybe 'knew'
    Notice for EU and UK, it considers the military wing as Terrorist (wasn't updated for UK yet)
    Notice for France, it says it considers the Organization as terrorist since 2013 (after Burgas)

So, apologize to me right now

1551112673696.png

1551112789572.png

1551112854005.png

L

LVV

dude i think this tweet about Macron today is fake as i couldn't find the statement on foreign media

read this:
    Hezbollah

this confirms what i already 'thought' or maybe 'knew'
    Notice for EU and UK, it considers the military wing as Terrorist (wasn't updated for UK yet)
    Notice for France, it says it considers the Organization as terrorist since 2013 (after Burgas)

So, apologize to me right now

View attachment 11892

View attachment 11893

View attachment 11894
    You should apologize
    Macron : La France fait "le distinguo" entre les branches politique et militaire du Hezbollah

JustLeb

JustLeb

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    L'orient le jour

this is a big statement and i cannot believe no french newspaper/news site wrote about it.
    find me a french article mentioning this statement and i'll gladly apologize to you.

My brother used to warn me about events in Paris hours before they appear on french news websites.
    So if you want to know what Macro said about HA you need to wait 24 hours

Skunk

Skunk

Orange Room Supporter
    My brother used to warn me about events in Paris hours before they appear on french news websites.
    So if you want to know what Macro said about HA you need to wait 24 hours
    cool this gives LVV enough time to forget we ever had this conversation

L

LVV

Last edited: