• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

UK Brexit from EU June 23rd

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter

That's literally the most accurate metaphor! He tried to cross got his leg stuck, fell down along with the entire barrier, got up dusted himself, tried to put everything back into place and walk away as if nothing had happened, and the entire time he could have just walked like 100m to the back and just crossed like a normal human being!

Major difference is that after stumbling, the UK is requesting an extension which I guess would give us a satisfying ending to this spectacular gif

The Bidenator

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

May to quit after Brexit is delivered. Didn't give deadline. -AP

Ridiculous she continues to push towards Brexit. I think a second referendum should be held. People were lied to the first time. I acknowledge the understandable objection which states "you can't just hold another referendum if you don't like the result of the first one" and I agree with it, but I have to say that this is not why I think a second referendum should be held. My liking or not liking the result has nothing to do with is. People were lied to the first time and voted on the basis of incorrect information. They have a right to make their voice known after learning new information. They might have changed their minds. Although some people expect same outcome, I doubt it. I think a no on Brexit will win the next time around. What do you think, should there be a second referendum?

Danny Z

Legendary Member

Ridiculous she continues to push towards Brexit. I think a second referendum should be held. People were lied to the first time. I acknowledge the understandable objection which states "you can't just hold another referendum if you don't like the result of the first one" and I agree with it, but I have to say that this is not why I think a second referendum should be held. My liking or not liking the result has nothing to do with is. People were lied to the first time and voted on the basis of incorrect information. They have a right to make their voice known after learning new information. They might have changed their minds. Although some people expect same outcome, I doubt it. I think a no on Brexit will win the next time around. What do you think, should there be a second referendum?

What if the second referendum yields the same result? so far polls that the number haven't changed. Londoners, Scottish and Northern Irish do not want to get out of the EU while Wales and English (non Londoners) want out the British remain divided on the issue. If the votes tilts toward no Brexit then how do you convince all those who want out and they are 50% that they were not robbed of their right to leave, because the exit was messy.
I think the British made their decision and their governments have been given the opportunity of cutting a good deal and now they are given an extension so if they can't figure it out, they deserve to crash out and live the consequences, after all this is how democracy works, after all every voice counts, whether you're gailleterie or you've won Jeopardy, there is no price to ignorant votes in democracies. This is what they chose, let them live it.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member

"Ridiculous she continues to push towards Brexit" - why shouldn't she, isn't it what people of Britain have decided.