• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

UK Brexit from EU June 23rd

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
Couldn't make it past 1:25 can you tl;DW the vid?
US is pressuring the UK to buy its livestock in any trade deal with substandard meat that is the standard in the USA. This is supposedly banned by the EU for now.
Expect food poisoning numbers to mirror the US after any trade deal.

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
US is pressuring the UK to buy its livestock in any trade deal with substandard meat that is the standard in the USA. This is supposedly banned by the EU for now.
Expect food poisoning numbers to mirror the US after any trade deal.

It's all that washing the chicken they do in the us!

On a more serious note where are we on the exit date? Is it April 12, may 22 or June 30?

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
It's all that washing the chicken they do in the us!

On a more serious note where are we on the exit date? Is it April 12, may 22 or June 30?
So far April 12. The House of Commons have voted (by a margin of 1 vote lol) to force the government yo request an extension. May has so far said she will ask to extend to 30 June and some articles have come out about her wanting to get her deal tabled for a 4th vote! The EU has offered a flextenstion, I.e a 1 year extension that can be cut short of the uk and eu can cut a deal earlier...
As it stands, the uk will crash out on the 12th... and we are prepping for this scenario currently (at the company I work for)

Dynamite Joe

Let's have fun with a 2nd referendum. One has to wonder how many remainers didn't bother voting first time round since they underestimated the Brexiteers vote turnout.

Dynamite Joe

OK, but remember - it works both ways.

Plebeian votes are always misguided and blinded by strident patriotism. That’s why you have a parliamentary system...

It can indeed go both ways, but it’ll give us more entertainment for the foreseeable future and underscore the xenophobia that Britain suffers from.

Sent from my iPhone using Orange Room

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
Plebeian votes are always misguided and blinded by strident patriotism. That’s why you have a parliamentary system...

It can indeed go both ways, but it’ll give us more entertainment for the foreseeable future and underscore the xenophobia that Britain suffers from.

I am curious which one might you be - plebeian or patrician.

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
This is the worst possible outcome... tories are divided and hard leave advocates like boris Johnson May take the helm. If that happens the prospects of a hard brexit are very real, and that is the worst case scenario.

Labour played it silly, corbyn clearly wanted new elections from the get go, instead they are headed towards a hard brexit... silly