UN/US Brokered Negotiations Between Lebanon and Israel to Demarcate Maritime Borders

JB81

Legendary Member
Really!!! telling the UN that these waters are ours according to this study, is a BIG PROBLEM, yeah!!!
for once put some balls and stand for what it is right, stop doing baaaah to whatever they tell you.
kiss ekhet hal wazifeh yelli 3atak yeha Bassil, no matter what it is giving you it has become peanuts with $=10+K LL

Big problem??? Ask Toni Haddad he's the one who said that Berri was informed by the Americans not to mess with the current borders.

Wallah you only listen to Bassil part and you don't care about the whole story... haram you become like a geagea3i

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
Not defending GMA because i have no clue what is constitutional and what is not. If he can sign it legally and he is not that is a ****move. If there is a real blockage and the PM has to call for a council then be it (if gma is able to sign it mnel awwal 3ashou ken badna wazir?).

I think what is blocking this is if he signs it it will be seen as unilateral if it lead us to direct confrontation with israel and co (nothing about legality and more about that "tawefo2" bullcrap we have been fed for years)
I would love it if for once they all agree on smth and sign it ... This is non political and someone should tell them that IF we have more Gas ... They can steal more. Kello biomde.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Big problem??? Ask Toni Haddad he's the one who said that Berri was informed by the Americans not to mess with the current borders.

Wallah you only listen to Bassil part and you don't care about the whole story... haram you become like a geagea3i
في ناس ما عندن بيضات
وفي ناس بيدعوا انو عندن بيضات
بس لما يجد الجد ما بيعملوا شي
من أيمتا برى صار مرجع عندك؟
انو برى يبيع ثروات الوطن مقابل مكتسبات سياسية هيدا شي ما بفاحئ حدا
بس مدعي الوطنية والإصلاح والحفاظ على الوطن يستغلوا هيدا الموضوع لأهداف سياسية فهذا قمة الإفلاس والانحطاط.
روح اكتر شي فيكن تعملوا انو توقفوا بوج الحريري.
هيدا رأسمالكم.. الحرقتة السياسية

#ركبوا_بيضات
#حرتقجية
#سعركم_معروف

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
Not defending GMA because i have no clue what is constitutional and what is not. If he can sign it legally and he is not that is a ****move. If there is a real blockage and the PM has to call for a council then be it (if gma is able to sign it mnel awwal 3ashou ken badna wazir?).

I think what is blocking this is if he signs it it will be seen as unilateral if it lead us to direct confrontation with israel and co (nothing about legality and more about that "tawefo2" bullcrap we have been fed for years)
I would love it if for once they all agree on smth and sign it ... This is non political and someone should tell them that IF we have more Gas ... They can steal more. Kello biomde.
Listen to the clip of Ziad baroud. The constitutional solution is for the council of ministers to meet and approve the amendment. If they don’t, there are precedents allowing the president to pass it unilaterally, however it is an exception and like every exception, is party to getting challenged in court, and potentially overturned...

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
Listen to the clip of Ziad baroud. The constitutional solution is for the council of ministers to meet and approve the amendment. If they don’t, there are precedents allowing the president to pass it unilaterally, however it is an exception and like every exception, is party to getting challenged in court, and potentially overturned...
If it can be challenged it means it is not legal. but Ziad Baroud and @JustLeb do not agree on the constitution and i am not sure who to believe.

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter

There was an article posted here about israel saying that the lebanese can't even agree on their proposition and they're not required to take it seriously for that reason, so a full agreement of all parties is actually required or it will look like the side who is friendly with hezbullah is pushing for more maritime border as opposed to it being our actual border

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
If it can be challenged it means it is not legal. but Ziad Baroud and @JustLeb do not agree on the constitution and i am not sure who to believe.
Did anyone challenge the 200 decrees that were issued pending cabinet approval?
Who will dare challenge such decree that fix Lebanon rights at the UN.
This decree officially tells UN that Lebanon claims another 1400KM2 in its southern borders.
It does not declare war on anyone.
it shows to all companies that this is a disputed territory so they will not venture starting working there, and even if they want, international insurance companies won't accept to cover them.
So if kherfen baabda does not sign before June, they will start drilling and effectively he would be selling Lebanese territories to the enemy and this is amounts to high treason.
All the BS of cabinet did not meet would be useless

Mrsrx

Not an expert!
Staff member
Did anyone challenge the 200 decrees that were issued pending cabinet approval?
Who will dare challenge such decree that fix Lebanon rights at the UN.
This decree officially tells UN that Lebanon claims another 1400KM2 in its southern borders.
And it shows to all companies that this is a disputed territory so they will not venture starting working there, and even if they want, international insurance companies won't accept to cover them.
So if kherfen baabda does not sign before June, they will start drilling and effectively he would be selling Lebanese territories to the enemy and this is amounts to high treason.
All the BS of cabinet did not meet would be useless
Teb if they will not challenge it why not sign it? le 3emlina ossa?

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
There was an article posted here about israel saying that the lebanese can't even agree on their proposition and they're not required to take it seriously for that reason, so a full agreement of all parties is actually required or it will look like the side who is friendly with hezbullah is pushing for more maritime border as opposed to it being our actual border
Once it is officially submitted, then it will be official for the UN since it is coming through official channels.

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
Once it is officially submitted, then it will be official for the UN since it is coming through official channels.

But we're also negotiating with israel over this border with the us as the middle man and we all know which side of the negotiation they're on! I think it's absolutely disgusting that something that should be quite simple and self evident is a subject for debate in this country with opposing sides and the whole shebang but here we are!

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
But we're also negotiating with israel over this border with the us as the middle man and we all know which side of the negotiation they're on! I think it's absolutely disgusting that something that should be quite simple and self evident is a subject for debate in this country with opposing sides and the whole shebang but here we are!
the dudes will start drilling in those waters in June, if they start it will be fait-accompli, good luck making them leave.
Telling the UN that this is our territory marks it at least as disputed area, so international companies will not go work there.
But now what is done is different, they are NOT part of the negotiation!!! to the israelis the negotiation is about Hoff line.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
علم "ليبانون فايلز" من جهات متابعة لموضوع ترسيم الحدود البحرية، ان رئيس الجمهورية ميشال عون، اكد لمعاون وزير الخارجية الاميركية ديفيد هيل رغبة لبنان بمواصلة المفاوضات مع الكيان الاسرائيلي حول ترسيم وتحديد الحدود البحرية، لكن من دون شروط مسبقة، وان هيل تعهد بنقل الموقف اللبناني الى اسرائيل خلال زيارته لها، لمعرفة موقفها من الطرح اللبناني بإستئناف المفاوضات وبتصحيح حدود لبنان في المنطقة الاقتصادية الخالصة.
وأشارت المصادر الى ان عون اكد تمسك لبنان بالاستقرار عند الحدود وعدم توتير الوضع، لكنه مستعد ايضاً لمناقشة كل الامور، سواء الطرح اللبناني الجديد او الطرح الاسرائيلي، لكن لا يجوز ان تتوقف المفاوضات بسبب موقف إسرائيلي مسبق رافض، فليقل كل طرف وجهة نظره وتتم المناقشة، وإلّا لا تعود مفاوضات بل إملاء شروط وقرارات من جانب واحد.
وعلى هذا الاساس بقي الرئيس عون على موقفه بعدم توقيع مرسوم تعديل المرسوم 6433، بإنتظار تبلغ الموقف الاسرائيلي من إستئناف المفاوضات. اما الدعوة لعقد جلسة لمجلس الوزراء فهو امر آخر منفصل مرتبط بموقف رئيس حكومة تصريف الاعمال الرافض دعوة مجلس الوزراء لمناقشة المرسوم، مع ان دياب وافق على التعديل. وفي ضوء الجواب الذي سينقله الجانب الاميركي من اسرائيلي يتقرر الموقف من موضوع توقيع المرسوم.

kherfen baabda is like begging his gf

Viral

Can someone enlighten me why the council of minister is not signing the decree?
They don't want to fall in their own tarp that they set for the President who is way ahead of the game. They keep on forgetting GMA's age, wisdom and experience in life. Many of those criticizing him were not even born when GMA was fighting such wars...

Walidos

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
علم "ليبانون فايلز" من جهات متابعة لموضوع ترسيم الحدود البحرية، ان رئيس الجمهورية ميشال عون، اكد لمعاون وزير الخارجية الاميركية ديفيد هيل رغبة لبنان بمواصلة المفاوضات مع الكيان الاسرائيلي حول ترسيم وتحديد الحدود البحرية، لكن من دون شروط مسبقة، وان هيل تعهد بنقل الموقف اللبناني الى اسرائيل خلال زيارته لها، لمعرفة موقفها من الطرح اللبناني بإستئناف المفاوضات وبتصحيح حدود لبنان في المنطقة الاقتصادية الخالصة.
وأشارت المصادر الى ان عون اكد تمسك لبنان بالاستقرار عند الحدود وعدم توتير الوضع، لكنه مستعد ايضاً لمناقشة كل الامور، سواء الطرح اللبناني الجديد او الطرح الاسرائيلي، لكن لا يجوز ان تتوقف المفاوضات بسبب موقف إسرائيلي مسبق رافض، فليقل كل طرف وجهة نظره وتتم المناقشة، وإلّا لا تعود مفاوضات بل إملاء شروط وقرارات من جانب واحد.
وعلى هذا الاساس بقي الرئيس عون على موقفه بعدم توقيع مرسوم تعديل المرسوم 6433، بإنتظار تبلغ الموقف الاسرائيلي من إستئناف المفاوضات. اما الدعوة لعقد جلسة لمجلس الوزراء فهو امر آخر منفصل مرتبط بموقف رئيس حكومة تصريف الاعمال الرافض دعوة مجلس الوزراء لمناقشة المرسوم، مع ان دياب وافق على التعديل. وفي ضوء الجواب الذي سينقله الجانب الاميركي من اسرائيلي يتقرر الموقف من موضوع توقيع المرسوم.

kherfen baabda is like begging his gf
By the way, the decree makes the area disputed and we enter negotiations to agree... I don’t think we will end up with the full 1400sq km but that is the Max... it doesn’t change much to my position which is sign it, but it means there is nothing wrong with the position of GMA in the article above...

I would like to see the decree signed already to put our stake in the ground... by the council of ministers ideally and if not, by GMA though it is weaker. As to whom will challenge it: Israel at the UN, hariri or someone close to him since he already declared he would not have signed it, Berri or someone close to him to protect his interests and maintain his status for the Americans in lebanese politics, and probably a few more like some posters here that are completely blinded by their hatred...

Viral

GMA fighting on all fronts alone for Lebanon’s future generations' rights while half the Lebanese are stabbing him in the back. They prefer remaining beggars than living with dignity…