UN/US Brokered Negotiations Between Lebanon and Israel to Demarcate Maritime Borders

CitizenOfTheRepublic

Legendary Member
Showing your right is not an escalation, it is what it is.. your right....
The Israelis will not accept it, this is something we can all agree on, they never accepted any international laws
what we aim from this decree is 2 things:
1- make our claim official/legal in the eyes of the international community
2- send a message to international drilling companies that this is a disputed area and they can't start working there. And they won't work there due to risk on material and staff...
#1 is the escalation. Israeli hate anything UN and they don't want to go that route for more than one reason. Get something from that.
#2 is already taken care of with or without the UN, no company would want to get in an area that may have at any moment a UN dispute.

This video is a bit what I'm saying.

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
Didn't you hear the news that the American mediator told the Lebanese team that only the lines submitted to the UN are subject to negotiation?!
No, link? But also, that doesn't mean it's correct (it's definitely not). We all know the Americans are going to uncritically take Israel's position and issue threats to that effect. The important question is how to handle that complete power imbalance and preserve what is rightfully Lebanon's (I'm operating under the assumption that Line 29 is Lebanon's maximalist position).

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
No, link? But also, that doesn't mean it's correct (it's definitely not). We all know the Americans are going to uncritically take Israel's position and issue threats to that effect. The important question is how to handle that complete power imbalance and preserve what is rightfully Lebanon's (I'm operating under the assumption that Line 29 is Lebanon's maximalist position).
you are operating under the assumption that bassil wants to sell this to the Americans in return for sanction lifting, and you have no problem with that.
Because any sane person who sees that there is an opportunity to confirm his rights internationally will take it without hesitation.
Failing to do the obvious is a source of deep suspicions, especially that this guy is a pathological liar

HalaMadrid

Orange Room Supporter
Go look for it yourself mch fadilak..
lol
lol, no problem, I didn't think you were going to give me a citation for a claim that doesn't exist.
you are operating under the assumption that bassil wants to sell this to the Americans in return for sanction lifting, and you have no problem with that.
Because any sane person who sees that there is an opportunity to confirm his rights internationally will take it without hesitation.
Failing to do the obvious is a source of deep suspicions, especially that this guy is a pathological liar
Okay, whatever, dude. You got me. I'm a bad faith actor who only considers bassil's interest and not Lebanon's and not the power dynamics at play. And only you and Resign here consider and understand Lebanon's interest and the only possible reading of the situation is yours.

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

JustLeb

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter

إنجازات جبل..... يلي ببعبدا
Do you remember when AlJadeedTV said that El khezmatchi jreysati told David Hale to forget about 6433?
As usual fer2et El za2ifeh and El rayyes @SeaAb objected!!!!
It appeared that this was true, according to the events.
Istez @Walidos where are you?
You were almost certain that saye2 El zeker will sign the decree...

Last edited: