• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Understanding freemasonry!

What is Freemasonry ?

• Freemasonry is a secret organization who aims for the ultimate truth

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Freemasonry is an organisation whose sole purpose is world affairs

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Freemasonry is a cult opposed to all religions

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Freemasonry is a myth

• I really don't know what freemasonry is!

• All the above

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above

Votes: 13 52.0%

• Total voters

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
Freemasonry, what is it? Is it a cult, an organisation, or a collection of people looking for an ultimate truth? How do you become a Freemason? Are Freemasons opposed to religions? Do they believe in god? Do they believe in more than one god? Are they ruling the world and dictating what should and shouldn't be done, or is it just another conspiracy theory? Where did Freemasons come from? And how did they manage to keep their secrets?

So we all know this topic has been debated on many occasions, I'm not looking for a debate about the legitimacy of Freemasons or how they're the devil's reincarnation in a group of people! I just want to know more about this topic!

I've had many conversations with self-proclaimed Freemasons, none of which managed to really explain freemasonry! What I personally know about the subject is what I found online, through some books, many documentaries and through the conversations I've had! I do have an idea about what freemasonry is and how it should be defined, however I still find my knowledge to be lacking! Your input is welcomed as long as you keep the conversation serious, informative and within forum rules!

[]

Last edited by a moderator:

Salome

Freemasonry, what is it? Is it a cult, an organisation, or a collection of people looking for an ultimate truth? How do you become a Freemason? Are Freemasons opposed to religions? Do they believe in god? Do they believe in more than one god? Are they ruling the world and dictating what should and shouldn't be done, or is it just another conspiracy theory? Where did Freemasons come from? And how did they manage to keep their secrets?

So we all know this topic has been debated on many occasions, I'm not looking for a debate about the legitimacy of Freemasons or how they're the devil's reincarnation in a group of people! I just want to know more about this topic!

I've had many conversations with self-proclaimed Freemasons, none of which managed to really explain freemasonry! What I personally know about the subject is what I found online, through some books, many documentaries and through the conversations I've had! I do have an idea about what freemasonry is and how it should be defined, however I still find my knowledge to be lacking! Your input is welcomed as long as you keep the conversation serious, informative and within forum rules!
[]

[]
the first one I would surely choose if it wasn't for the second part of the sentence...what does their aim is the truth mean? I don't think so

btw you remind me with all these topics you open lately on paranormal, conspiracy and now freemasonry of myself when I was 20 hehe add to that particle physics the occult and various spiritual BSs...it has to do with being 20 and too enthusiastic:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Layyouss

Administrator
Master Penguin
The following text is taken from the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite aka REEA (1st degree)

"""
على الماسوني أن يحفظ دائماً في ذهنه المبادئ الأساسية للماسونية.
يحدد دستور أندرسن أن الماسونية انشئت لتجمع القيم الأخلاقية العالية ولتكون محور الوحدة التي بدونها لبقيت في الجهل.
إن مهمة الماسونية هي تحضير التوافق الكوني.
إذاً عليها تحسين الإنسان والمجتمع على السواء .

جوهرياً، إن الماسونية هي مؤسسة بشرية، فلسفية وتقدمية.
للماسونية أداة: البحث عن الحقيقة، دراسة الأخلاق وممارسة التعاضد .

انها تعمل على التحسين الأخلاقي، على الإتقان الفكري والإجتماعي للإنسانية.
من مبادئها التسامح المتبادل وإحترم الاخرين والذات وحرية المعتقد المطلقة.

تعتبر الماسونية أن الإدراك الماورائي هو بمثابة حق حصري في الرأي الشخصي لأعضائها، فهي ترفض كل تأكيد عقائدي.

لهذا فإن الماسونية لا تضع أية حدود للبحث عن الحقيقة، لأنها تستمد مبادئها من المنطق ومحبة الإنسانية.

شعار الماسونية : حرية - مساواة - أخاء
"""
------------------------------------------------------------------------

هذا والله أعلم

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
[]
the first one I would surely choose if it wasn't for the second part of the sentence...what does their aim is the truth mean? I don't think so

btw you remind me with all these topics you open lately on paranormal, conspiracy and now freemasonry of myself when I was 20 hehe add to that particle physics the occult and various spiritual BSs...it has to do with being 20 and too enthusiastic:D

I meant that they're looking to understand the universe, you know the ultimate truth that's all!

And lol for the second part! I like these topics and they fit with my personality I don't think it's about being in my 20s, it's about my interest in the paranormal, the occult and everything that comes along with them :p! It's nice to know you used to share these interests, maybe you can share an opinion on freemasonry :)

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
The following text is taken from the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite aka REEA (1st degree)

"""
على الماسوني أن يحفظ دائماً في ذهنه المبادئ الأساسية للماسونية.
يحدد دستور أندرسن أن الماسونية انشئت لتجمع القيم الأخلاقية العالية ولتكون محور الوحدة التي بدونها لبقيت في الجهل.
إن مهمة الماسونية هي تحضير التوافق الكوني.
إذاً عليها تحسين الإنسان والمجتمع على السواء .

جوهرياً، إن الماسونية هي مؤسسة بشرية، فلسفية وتقدمية.
للماسونية أداة: البحث عن الحقيقة، دراسة الأخلاق وممارسة التعاضد .

انها تعمل على التحسين الأخلاقي، على الإتقان الفكري والإجتماعي للإنسانية.
من مبادئها التسامح المتبادل وإحترم الاخرين والذات وحرية المعتقد المطلقة.

تعتبر الماسونية أن الإدراك الماورائي هو بمثابة حق حصري في الرأي الشخصي لأعضائها، فهي ترفض كل تأكيد عقائدي.

لهذا فإن الماسونية لا تضع أية حدود للبحث عن الحقيقة، لأنها تستمد مبادئها من المنطق ومحبة الإنسانية.

شعار الماسونية : حرية - مساواة - أخاء
"""
------------------------------------------------------------------------

هذا والله أعلم

Do you think they were responsible for the French revolution? They do have the same motto!

What are the principles ? I know they place a lot of value on honour, charity, education, and religious beliefs, meaning you have to believe in god to become a member! However all of these are just titles, how do they define honour for example?

kalel

Orange Room Supporter
We ve had numerous threads like this one but none of them really wrapped up a conclusive idea abt the real nature of Freemasonry.. if we can keep moderation to high level in this thread.. maybe just maybe mnefham chi ..

Members who are part of Freemason lodges.. do share with us your experiences if possible and if you can..

I have read a lot of books but it eventually comes down to a lot of confusion.. believe the conspiracy theories ? or refute them settling on the idea that its a business fraternity and nothing more ? I for one am heavily interested in knowing how and where to takes an individual since i do have the curious mindset to hunt down the exclusive knowledge and teachings Freemasons talk abt it..

Very prone to joining the masons.. just need a little push here..

kalel

Orange Room Supporter
Do you think they were responsible for the French revolution? They do have the same motto!

What are the principles ? I know they place a lot of value on honour, charity, education, and religious beliefs, meaning you have to believe in god to become a member! However all of these are just titles, how do they define honour for example?

Dont want to create overlapping subjects but since u mentioned the french people.. from what i ve read over the years.. (if someone can correct/deny/confirm what i m going to say, i would be grateful) Freemasons and the Knights Templar's Order are closely linked to each other.. one taking a more military approach than the other and the second being a recent "remodel" of the old order.. since Freemasonry was initiated long after the Templars were disbanded and executed..

It is said the remaining members of the order pushed on and tried to reform the order over the years.. one thing i read .. not sure abt its credibility though was the implication of the Freemasons in the military factions of the french army .. most famously General Gouraud (rumored to be a mason) .. who was stationed in Lebanon and Damascus for a while..

It is told that upon conquering Damascus General Gouraud kicked the tomb of Saladin and said: "The Crusades have ended now. Awake Saladin, we have returned. My presence here consecrates the victory of the Cross over the Crescent."

We: Refers not to the French army but to the order of Templars which surrendered the city of Jerusalem to Saladin during the crusades..

I would like the input of someone on this case since i have read this quite a long time ago..

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
Dont want to create overlapping subjects but since u mentioned the french people.. from what i ve read over the years.. (if someone can correct/deny/confirm what i m going to say, i would be grateful) Freemasons and the Knights Templar's Order are closely linked to each other.. one taking a more military approach than the other and the second being a recent "remodel" of the old order.. since Freemasonry was initiated long after the Templars were disbanded and executed..

It is said the remaining members of the order pushed on and tried to reform the order over the years.. one thing i read .. not sure abt its credibility though was the implication of the Freemasons in the military factions of the french army .. most famously General Gouraud (rumored to be a mason) .. who was stationed in Lebanon and Damascus for a while..

It is told that upon conquering Damascus General Gouraud kicked the tomb of Saladin and said: "The Crusades have ended now. Awake Saladin, we have returned. My presence here consecrates the victory of the Cross over the Crescent."

We: Refers not to the French army but to the order of Templars which surrendered the city of Jerusalem to Saladin during the crusades..

I would like the input of someone on this case since i have read this quite a long time ago..

You know this origin thing is quite confusing to me!

Some say Freemasonry originated with the Knights Templar but then comes the Rosslyn Chapel thing! With William Sinclair being thought to be the first Masonic grandmaster and the builder of that church, this is where the link becomes confusing! I mean the chapel does hold a lot of symbols related to both Freemasons and the Knights Templar however a lot of them were refuted by historians!

And then comes the alternative history, with the freemasons being linked back to the temple of solomon and its master builder Ahiram Abi along with a group of freemasons that held the secret to stone masonry!

Now all this is quite well and good, but which is the original history? Is the link to Ahiram Abi true? And if so, seriously how did they manage to keep this organisation a secret for 3000 years?!

Joe tayyar

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
A Freemason once told me in 2005 that ma fi nizam 3arabi bi dal we2if 3a ijreh till 2015.

kalel

Orange Room Supporter
You know this origin thing is quite confusing to me!

Some say Freemasonry originated with the Knights Templar but then comes the Rosslyn Chapel thing! With William Sinclair being thought to be the first Masonic grandmaster and the builder of that church, this is where the link becomes confusing! I mean the chapel does hold a lot of symbols related to both Freemasons and the Knights Templar however a lot of them were refuted by historians!

And then comes the alternative history, with the freemasons being linked back to the temple of solomon and its master builder Ahiram Abi along with a group of freemasons that held the secret to stone masonry!

Now all this is quite well and good, but which is the original history? Is the link to Ahiram Abi true? And if so, seriously how did they manage to keep this organisation a secret for 3000 years?!

I ve read both versions and there is a 3rd origin for the mason order that revolves around the joint efforts of guilds in Europe.. but anw.. somehow i find the story of Hiram Abiff to be more of an inspirational event then an actual initiation of a builder's order.. you cannot keep an order alive for 3000 years so secretly.. religions keep spreading their teachings over the territories to survive being wiped out from civilization ... the closest thing that i can buy is the evolution from the disbanded Templars' order.. seems close to reality to me..

I have read lots of books abt them.. the only thing i acquired was more confusion abt the origins .. but its still fun to know this stuff..

Anyone valuable input ?? point us in the right direction ??

kalel

Orange Room Supporter
A Freemason once told me in 2005 that ma fi nizam 3arabi bi dal we2if 3a ijreh till 2015.

So you are insinuating that the order can exert a certain political power.. outside of the business identity of the order like it is claimed.. or maybe it is the other way around.. through manipulation of the business segment, political power is controlled..

Layyouss

Administrator
Master Penguin

If this person who happened to be a Freemason was right or predicted or even knew that, it does not necessarily mean Freemasonry told/taught him so.

What if he's a Freemason because he knows, and not the other way around?

kalel

Orange Room Supporter
How can I join them?
What shall I do?

It has always been said that you cannot join.. you can only be invited.. they would probably address you or invite you.. you can only show interest.

kalel

Orange Room Supporter
They say: To be one ask one.

Why ? Clearly the goal is not expansion but rather consolidation of the group.. keeping it coherent ..

What abt the so said rumors that if you were invited by someone and decide not to join they will keep making efforts until you join..

I see it as blabbermouth stories..

Isabella

The queen of "Bazella"
Orange Room Supporter
Why ? Clearly the goal is not expansion but rather consolidation of the group.. keeping it coherent ..

What abt the so said rumors that if you were invited by someone and decide not to join they will keep making efforts until you join..

I see it as blabbermouth stories..

I think that's true because my dad keeps getting invited :p