Unemployment in Lebanon now at 35%

• Thread starter AtheistForJesus
  • Start date
AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
How do people survive losing their jobs?

I was once laid off from a job due to downgrading and it was the worst experience of my life.
Being young and jobless with 3 dependents and no savings, I didn't really know how to cope with the situation. There's nothing I hate more than borrowing money from people.
My job hunt wasn't going well, and by the third month I had already drained my savings and maxed out my credit card.
At one point, I had not even enough money to take a cab to job interviews. It was THIS bad. Fortunately, I ended up finding a job before it was too late and was able to bounce back.

Now in retrospect, I can't help but imagine how bad it must be for the unemployed. The government puts the current unemployment rate at 35%. How do these people survive, considering we don't have any unemployment benefits in Lebanon. Is job loss a death sentence?

• Advertisement
  • AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    *downsizing not downgrading :/

JeanH

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
    How do people survive losing their jobs?

I was once laid off from a job due to downgrading and it was the worst experience of my life.
    Being young and jobless with 3 dependents and no savings, I didn't really know how to cope with the situation. There's nothing I hate more than borrowing money from people.
    My job hunt wasn't going well, and by the third month I had already drained my savings and maxed out my credit card.
    At one point, I had not even enough money to take a cab to job interviews. It was THIS bad. Fortunately, I ended up finding a job before it was too late and was able to bounce back.

Now in retrospect, I can't help but imagine how bad it must be for the unemployed. The government puts the current unemployment rate at 35%. How do these people survive, considering we don't have any unemployment benefits in Lebanon. Is job loss a death sentence?
    how old are you?

R

Randomiser

Considering the new tax and salary hikes, many companies and organization might find itself forced to downsize or even close and that would be a disaster for many workers and employees. Anyway, our salaries are losing their values due to the inflation caused by the new taxes.

I graduated 5 months ago and still struggling to find a job, however I still make 600-700$ through blogging and freelancing which is more than enough for 22 years old living with his parents. But I'm still technically unemployed :/

JeanH

JeanH

Orange Room Supporter
    Considering the new tax and salary hikes, many companies and organization might find itself forced to downsize or even close and that would be a disaster for many workers and employees. Anyway, our salaries are losing their values due to the inflation caused by the new taxes.

I graduated 5 months ago and still struggling to find a job, however I still make 600-700$ through blogging and freelancing which is more than enough for 22 years old living with his parents. But I'm still technically unemployed :/
    kello kermel mwazfin l dawle b8el w feltene

SeaAb

SeaAb

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Super Penguin

Shu nater? Why are you still in Lebanon?

O

owsum

Grandpaaaaaaaaa, is that you?

I conclude your job hunt isn't going well? :/
    Yup.. Is suicide halel in this case?

Go NOMAD

AtheistForJesus

AtheistForJesus

Legendary Member
    Orange Room Supporter
    Still an undergraduate.
    Major is Business Management with a focus on agriculture and solar systems.

Dabirlna sheghel bmahal khodra. Ba3rif oss bati5
    LOL, sorry but your skills are currently not in demand as batikh season is over. Come back next summer.