• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Unrest in Hong Kong

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin

2. Shooting a female protester in close distance, which hit her in the right eye and blinded her permanently, according to information from doctors.
3. Shooting a first-aider on the scene, causing him to faint. Other first-aiders had to hold up a large banner with words of warning to halt the attacks against them.
4. Framing protesters as aggressive and arresting them on much harsher charges, after putting weapons inside their bags the moment they were pressed against the wall or ground.
5. Firing at reporters, many of whom were filming scenes on the ground from footbridges far away.
6. Allowing thugs — many with ties to organized crime, based on experience from previous incidents — to attack protesters and even passersby indiscriminately.
7. Pressing protesters on the ground so hard that they sank into their own blood.
8. Firing multiple canisters of tear gas inside Kwai Fong MTR station, which violated the factory instructions of no usage indoors.
9. Arresting residents inside Tai Koo MTR station, during which one protester was kicked down an escalator and dozens were shot from less than one meter amid the chaos.
Impersonating protesters by wearing the same gear (yellow helmets, black masks, etc.) and then ambushing them on site just as uniformed cops arrived for mass arrests.
11. Beating and arresting Jocelyn Chau, a community organizer based in City Garden, North Point, who wore no gear and were merely live-streaming events.
These are all crimes against humanity. None are normal. More protocols have been broken than I could count. The international community must pay attention to this kind of police brutality in Hong Kong.

SeaAb

Legendary Member
Staff member
Super Penguin
Poor China, ma 3endon shabeb khanda2 l ghamee2 metelna.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member

It's not hard to imagine - we wouldn't have liked it and we did not like it when Chinese attempted to interfere with our political process using Clintons and Bidens.

However, for Chinese or Russians or anyone else not to attempt to interfere with our political process would've been irresponsible in respect to their countries and the same is true for us.

Dynamite Joe

Quite coincidental that Hong Kong has its worst crisis since the handover in 1997 in the midst of the trade war waged by the U.S. on China. As the trade war escalates and China stands its ground so do the protests in Hong Kong. It's also not a coincidence that every nation that aims to preserve its sovereignty and defies the coercive diplomacy of the U.S. empire ends up facing the threat of sanctions, condemnation, destabilisation (in the case of China its peripheries), and military build up near its borders. The not so invisible hand of the CIA and DoD which work in concert to destabilise 'rogue' nations almost always morph into outright insurgencies per U.S. foreign policy 101. In only the past decade, we have seen it at work to destructive results in Venezuela, Syria, Ukraine, Iraq, Iran... and many others only in this century, not to speak of the horrors of the past one.

China may not be a perfect country, but that's not why the U.S. is hellbent on neutralising it. Corporate America and the military industrial complex are averse to competition and drunk with domination. The good news is China's rise cannot be stopped and U.S. hegemony is in decline. The root of it began in the re-emergence of Russia which rebuffed U.S. efforts to colonise Syria. Now with China, the balance of power is becoming a reality. The Asian alliance of China-Russia-India that the U.S. fears so much will take shape in the coming decade or two max. At the end, India and China will settle their differences as their economic interests become more intertwined.

proIsrael-nonIsraeli

Legendary Member
Quite coincidental that Hong Kong has its worst crisis since the handover in 1997 in the midst of the trade war waged by the U.S. on China. As the trade war escalates and China stands its ground so do the protests in Hong Kong. It's also not a coincidence that every nation that aims to preserve its sovereignty and defies the coercive diplomacy of the U.S. empire ends up facing the threat of sanctions, condemnation, destabilisation (in the case of China its peripheries), and military build up near its borders. The not so invisible hand of the CIA and DoD which work in concert to destabilise 'rogue' nations almost always morph into outright insurgencies per U.S. foreign policy 101. In only the past decade, we have seen it at work to destructive results in Venezuela, Syria, Ukraine, Iraq, Iran... and many others only in this century, not to speak of the horrors of the past one.

China may not be a perfect country, but that's not why the U.S. is hellbent on neutralising it. Corporate America and the military industrial complex are averse to competition and drunk with domination. The good news is China's rise cannot be stopped and U.S. hegemony is in decline. The root of it began in the re-emergence of Russia which rebuffed U.S. efforts to colonise Syria. Now with China, the balance of power is becoming a reality. The Asian alliance of China-Russia-India that the U.S. fears so much will take shape in the coming decade or two max. At the end, India and China will settle their differences as their economic interests become more intertwined.

What's your point, Vanessa.

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter

Hors sujet, hong kong protests against mainland china interference and coerciveness of its leaders has been going on since 2013, if the current wave reached its peak now its totally not related to the trade war, its because the power hungry bureaucrats at pekin are trying to swallow watever autonomy is left to the territory, a POC for taiwan.
ask any HKer, they’ll tell u what they think about the trade war, if anything it made china more aggressive.

Dont let your prejudices blind you m8

Dynamite Joe

Hors sujet, hong kong protests against mainland china interference and coerciveness of its leaders has been going on since 2013, if the current wave reached its peak now its totally not related to the trade war, its because the power hungry bureaucrats at pekin are trying to swallow watever autonomy is left to the territory, a POC for taiwan.
ask any HKer, they’ll tell u what they think about the trade war, if anything it made china more aggressive.

Dont let your prejudices blind you m8

I'm afraid then I can only conclude you’re either brainwashed or prejudice yourself without a sense of historical perspective. The U.S. has a track record, a whole laundry list of meddling and actively sowing seeds of discord across the globe against ‘rogue’ states. The current uprising in HK is the worst it’s ever been since the handover. To deny US/UK interference is to deny the sun rising every morning. Needless to say, HK was a British colony that was transferred back to China… Now imagine China takes over California as a colony and after a hundred years hands it back to the U.S. with strings attached for another 50 years. I highly doubt the U.S. would abide by Chinese dictates and designate it as a special administrative region for half a century. Notwithstanding, the extradition treaty was an extension of China exercising its authority over HK to crackdown on dissidents and white collar crime. The issue is not whether China is within its rights to do so, rather that people can be detained and imprisoned without a trial and transparency. China doesn't exactly have a stellar record on civil liberties, so I don’t blame HK for rejecting that treaty. Notwithstanding, just like Syria, what may have started as a grass roots movement has now been hijacked by the U.S. HK has become ground zero in the trade war and the escalation is being fuelled from the outside.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
I'm afraid then I can only conclude you’re either brainwashed or prejudice yourself without a sense of historical perspective. The U.S. has a track record, a whole laundry list of meddling and actively sowing seeds of discord across the globe against ‘rogue’ states. The current uprising in HK is the worst it’s ever been since the handover. To deny US/UK interference is to deny the sun rising every morning. Needless to say, HK was a British colony that was transferred back to China… Now imagine China takes over California as a colony and after a hundred years hands it back to the U.S. with strings attached for another 50 years. I highly doubt the U.S. would abide by Chinese dictates and designate it as a special administrative region for half a century. Notwithstanding, the extradition treaty was an extension of China exercising its authority over HK to crackdown on dissidents and white collar crime. The issue is not whether China is within its rights to do so, rather that people can be detained and imprisoned without a trial and transparency. China doesn't exactly have a stellar record on civil liberties, so I don’t blame HK for rejecting that treaty. Notwithstanding, just like Syria, what may have started as a grass roots movement has now been hijacked by the U.S. HK has become ground zero in the trade war and the escalation is being fuelled from the outside.
really Lucy? you were under the impression that your beloved communist regime in china could ever stand the test of time? just a matter of time, few years few decades at the most, then the people will be singing Hallelujah!

Dynamite Joe

really Lucy? you were under the impression that your beloved communist regime in china could ever stand the test of time? just a matter of time, few years few decades at the most, then the people will be singing Hallelujah!

God wasn't in the conversation until I spotted Captain America in your video with HK protesters. How well you make my point.

Nonan

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
It is not surprising at all that people in HK are worried about their future in an ever more dictatorial China. They may consider this as their last chance before a full de facto Chinese takeover. Unfortunately for them, I don’t see anyone coming to their rescue. Sooner or later, they will have their October 13th and I’m the future, any demonstrators will be faced by Tian An Men style “restoration of law and order”. It’s sad but it is the reality of the work we live in. The US has nothing to do with this. They may encourage demonstrators or give them moral support (which we all should do) but we all know how this will end

Dynamite Joe

It is not surprising at all that people in HK are worried about their future in an ever more dictatorial China. They may consider this as their last chance before a full de facto Chinese takeover. Unfortunately for them, I don’t see anyone coming to their rescue. Sooner or later, they will have their October 13th and I’m the future, any demonstrators will be faced by Tian An Men style “restoration of law and order”. It’s sad but it is the reality of the work we live in. The US has nothing to do with this. They may encourage demonstrators or give them moral support (which we all should do) but we all know how this will end

It will go back and forth, quiet down a bit when the U.S. and China agree on the main points and will end when the Trade Agreement is reached. Your October 13 had the blessing and support of the U.S. and Israel in case you forgot. That is what's truly sad.

Nonan

Legendary Member
Orange Room Supporter
It will go back and forth, quiet down a bit when the U.S. and China agree on the main points and will end when the Trade Agreement is reached. Your October 13 had the blessing and support of the U.S. and Israel in case you forgot. That is what's truly sad.
Let’s agree to disagree.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
God wasn't in the conversation until I spotted Captain America in your video with HK protesters. How well you make my point.
yes yes, because i am the one who introduced God into the protests, not the protesters themselves. luci is as brilliant as ever it seems.