• Before posting an article from a specific source, check this list here to see how much the Orange Room trust it. You can also vote/change your vote based on the source track record.

Unrest in Hong Kong

Dynamite Joe

yes yes, because i am the one who introduced God into the protests, not the protesters themselves. luci is as brilliant as ever it seems.

Very illuminating discussion. You mean to say HKers found the invisible hand of God which is now guiding them through the protests with Captain America at the helm. DA my old friend, it seems with age your hallucinations become more intricate.

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
I'm afraid then I can only conclude you’re either brainwashed or prejudice yourself without a sense of historical perspective. The U.S. has a track record, a whole laundry list of meddling and actively sowing seeds of discord across the globe against ‘rogue’ states. The current uprising in HK is the worst it’s ever been since the handover. To deny US/UK interference is to deny the sun rising every morning. Needless to say, HK was a British colony that was transferred back to China… Now imagine China takes over California as a colony and after a hundred years hands it back to the U.S. with strings attached for another 50 years. I highly doubt the U.S. would abide by Chinese dictates and designate it as a special administrative region for half a century. Notwithstanding, the extradition treaty was an extension of China exercising its authority over HK to crackdown on dissidents and white collar crime. The issue is not whether China is within its rights to do so, rather that people can be detained and imprisoned without a trial and transparency. China doesn't exactly have a stellar record on civil liberties, so I don’t blame HK for rejecting that treaty. Notwithstanding, just like Syria, what may have started as a grass roots movement has now been hijacked by the U.S. HK has become ground zero in the trade war and the escalation is being fuelled from the outside.
I might be brainwashed with som bud light but your are bathing in propaganda slime.

Dude, u claimed there was a direct corelation between the protests and the trump trade war, i told you this movement had been going on since 2013 and is aimed at keeping the 1997 autonomy agreement as is, instead of giving china meddling rights until full annexation at some point.

Again plzif you have any HKers in your entourage, talk to them abt the issue u’ll see it diferently am sure.

Dark Angel

Legendary Member
Very illuminating discussion. You mean to say HKers found the invisible hand of God which is now guiding them through the protests with Captain America at the helm. DA my old friend, it seems with age your hallucinations become more intricate.
how many times have i told you to stop using that "You mean to say" tactic? i say precisely what i want to say, nothing more and nothing less. the point is clear to most people, but in case you do not get it, feel free to ask, and either myself or someone else will try to simplify things for you.

despite your fascination with dialectic materialism, the communist experience was a failed one world wide, as it turned out that the transcendent is essential to the individual as well as to the masses, to lead happy lives and prosper correctly. russia is back to its mother Church, and chants of hallelujah will soon be sweeping through china. it goes without saying this will not sit well with some bitter folks, so you do not have to like it :) that's all you need to know my friend.

Dynamite Joe

I might be brainwashed with som bud light but your are bathing in propaganda slime.

Dude, u claimed there was a direct corelation between the protests and the trump trade war, i told you this movement had been going on since 2013 and is aimed at keeping the 1997 autonomy agreement as is, instead of giving china meddling rights until full annexation at some point.

Again plzif you have any HKers in your entourage, talk to them abt the issue u’ll see it diferently am sure.

Makes no difference if it's been going on since Homo Erectus first wandered out of his cave. The point is now they are pawns. Aside from that, you should learn something or two about the history of the U.S. and their allies destabilising nations. This is not an overnight gig, do you think that the CIA and DoD can destablize a country just by clicking their finger. HK and its institutions are likely infested with sleeper cells from decades ago just for a moment like this, a la Ukraine and Syria. Takes $$$ and an existing intelligence infrastructure on the ground to wreak havoc. Easy on the bud, stick with Almaza elixir.

Last edited:

Dynamite Joe

how many times have i told you to stop using that "You mean to say" tactic? i say precisely what i want to say, nothing more and nothing less. the point is clear to most people, but in case you do not get it, feel free to ask, and either myself or someone else will try to simplify things for you.

despite your fascination with dialectic materialism, the communist experience was a failed one world wide, as it turned out that the transcendent is essential to the individual as well as to the masses, to lead happy lives and prosper correctly. russia is back to its mother Church, and chants of hallelujah will soon be sweeping through china. it goes without saying this will not sit well with some bitter folks, so you do not have to like it :) that's all you need to know my friend.

And that is precisely why we're worried.

Viral

‘Can’t imagine why’: Trump has no idea why anyone would relate Hong Kong protests to US meddling

‘Can’t imagine why’: Trump has no idea why anyone would relate Hong Kong protests to US meddling

Riot police face off with protesters in Hong Kong, August 11, 2019. ©

For the life of him, US President Donald Trump can’t explain why critics would associate Washington with Hong Kong’s unrest, expressing bewilderment in a tweet just before sounding the alarm about a Chinese invasion of the city.
In a tweet on Tuesday afternoon, the president observed: “Many are blaming me, and the United States, for the problems going on in Hong Kong. I can’t imagine why?”
Answering his own question, perhaps, he followed up that missive with another tweet five minutes later, ominously warning that “Our Intelligence has informed us that the Chinese Government is moving troops to the Border with Hong Kong.”
Preparations for Chinese military drills in the border town of Shenzhen, however, were reported on Monday by the Chinese Communist Party’s (CPC) own media arm – the troop’s movements did not require secret intelligence to divine.
According to the CPC-affiliated Global Times, the large-scale movements in Shenzhen are tied to exercises, rather than an invasion. Similar drills were carried out by the city’s police force earlier this month, involving some 12,000 officers.
Additional answers to the president’s inquiry might be found in a recent meeting between American diplomat Julie Eadeh and Hong Kong’s protest leaders, prompting suspicions that Washington may have a greater hand in the dispute than it lets on. While the State Department defended the visit, arguing it was something “American diplomats do every single day,” some remained unconvinced by the reassurance.
China Daily columnist Chen Weihua also noted that “It would be hard to imagine the US reaction if Chinese [diplomats] were meeting leaders of Occupy Wall Street, Black Lives Matter or Never Trump protesters.”
Daniel McAdams, executive director of the Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity, told RT that the US government has long been involved with Hong Kong's protest movement, adding “it’s widely known that the US, through its National Endowment for Democracy, has bankrolled a lot of these political parties and political leaders.”

McAdams explained that one of the protest leaders seen meeting with US diplomat Eadeh last week was “heavily involved in the 2014 protests” in Hong Kong and maintained close ties to Washington.
“When he finished with those protests, he actually went back to the United States and collected an award for the US government-affiliated Freedom House,” McAdams said. “So they’ve been joined very closely for a very long time.”

Viral

Meddling? NO Meddling:banghead:

U.S. State Department approves possible $2.2 billion arms sale to Taiwan

US defiantly sends warship through Taiwan Strait after China calls it a regional security threat
US defiantly sends warship through Taiwan Strait after China calls it a regional security threat

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
Makes no difference if it's been going on since Homo Erectus first wandered out of his cave. The point is now they are pawns. Aside from that, you should learn something or two about the history of the U.S. and their allies destabilising nations. This is not an overnight gig, do you think that the CIA and DoD can destablize a country just by clicking their finger. HK and its institutions are likely infested with sleeper cells from decades ago just for a moment like this, a la Ukraine and Syria. Takes $$$ and an existing intelligence infrastructure on the ground to wreak havoc. Easy on the bud, stick with Almaza elixir.
Ba3d chway rah t2oul almawtou linamrika el chaytan ??

HK has been living outside of the chinese bureaucrats grasp since 1997 and they know that as long as HK stay somewhat autonomous, taiwan is out of their reach.
Thise people are cleaning to wateber freedom they can enjoy out if the communists beast’s grasp. At least respect them.
Anything else is just ostrich syndrome and conspiracy theory.

And for someone who criticizes other members’ “preaching”, you sure have a nice sermon on the ready !
I think joining me for a bud would actually do you some good :)

Iron Maiden

Paragon of Bacon
Orange Room Supporter
Meddling? NO Meddling:banghead:

U.S. State Department approves possible $2.2 billion arms sale to Taiwan

Selling arms to a country is meddling ?? ?

Viral

Moore like When China crushes Hong Kong,,,,
Crimea anyone?:cigar:

If China crushes Hong Kong, is Taiwan next?

At the most recent meeting of the Aspen Strategy Group — which includes current and former senators, former senior officials, retired military, leading academics and analysts — a number of the participants expressed considerable doubt about whether the United States could defend Taiwan in the event of a Chinese attack, or even whether it would attempt to do so. Behind the concerns voiced at Aspen, Colo., was the shadow of a potentially brutal Chinese paramilitary operation to crush the dissenters in Hong Kong. The fear was that once Beijing’s “one country, two systems” policy toward Hong Kong was terminated, Taiwan would be next.
Moreover, they argued, there is no way Washington could send two carriers into the Taiwan Strait, as it did during the 1996 crisis, causing Beijing to back down from its threat to subjugate the island. Having determined that it never again would be forced to submit to such a humiliating retreat, the Chinese Communist government has spent the past two decades modernizing and expanding its forces to respond to any potential threat of American attack.
Indeed, many analysts doubt whether American carriers could even operate within what has been termed “the first island chain” — Japan, northern Philippines and Taiwan — which is now within the range of Chinese land-based DF-21D and DF 26 anti-ship ballistic missiles. Moreover, given what they view as America’s dismal prospects for defending Taiwan, several participants also argued that aircraft carriers, in general, are so highly vulnerable that the time has come to begin phasing them out of the fleet. At a minimum, they argue the Navy should at least to halt any new construction of these $13 billion mastodons.

It is certainly true that the threat to aircraft carriers is far more serious today than it was in the second half of the 20th century. Moreover, there is little doubt that carrier tactics and operations in support of Taiwan will continue to be far more difficult than in the past. That does not mean, however, that carriers are obsolete, as their critics contend, or that the defense of Taiwan is nothing more than a pipe dream.
To begin with, it is not as if the Navy has just awakened to the existence of the two Chinese anti-ship missiles, or to China’s determined development of its maritime capabilities, including in the cyber realm. The hypersonic DF-21 was first tested over a decade ago; the DF-26 at least two years ago; and analysts, including Chinese analysts, have been describing their capabilities for nearly as long. The Navy has not been sitting still since then, and analysts have been describing some of its countermeasures in open literature for some time.
It is certain, however, that the Navy’s most potent countermeasures have not been described in the public sphere. Nor are they likely to be. Such countermeasures come in two forms. Some are operational and tactical, which incorporate leading-edge technologies that are widely known but are applied in innovative ways.
The second category are countermeasures that remain highly classified — so-called “black programs.” The very classification of these systems renders them less than optimal in wartime, however. This is the case either because they are not incorporated into war games, or because they are unlikely to be employed in battle by sailors unfamiliar with their capabilities.
The inability of war gamers to incorporate these systems in their games is of special concern because, as was noted at the Aspen Strategy meeting, some war games involving Taiwan have resulted in American defeat. Were these “black programs” incorporated into the Navy’s games on a regular basis, the outcomes could well be different. While the details of the games would remain classified (as are most Navy war games), their outcomes could be publicized. Were that the case, Chinese military planners, who otherwise might be buoyed by reports of war games that resulted in American maritime “losses” in a war over Taiwan, would be forced to think again. So, too, would potential defeatists in Taiwan itself.

The United States has been committed to the security of Taiwan since the 1949 communist takeover of the mainland. It has maintained that commitment ever since, the 1979 China Relations Act’s recognition of the People’s Republic by Washington notwithstanding. At a time when American reliability is being questioned around the world, signaling uncertainty about America’s ability to defend Taiwan would further undermine Washington’s standing as a credible ally, especially in East Asia.
On the other hand, reaffirming that Washington’s longtime strategy of deterrence, based primarily on the power of American maritime and air forces, remains solidly intact would signal that Washington’s national security policy is more than just words on paper.